Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game-week 13 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm waiting to see how Pelle does Monday night. They play City next weekend. He could easily score.

I do think Forster will have to go though.

Btw, looks like you'll get a farewell price rise outa him tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I can't decide what's more of a priority now - getting Costa in or getting Welbeck out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I can't decide what's more of a priority now - getting Costa in or getting Welbeck out.
    Can't you kill two birds with one stone?

iroced wrote: »
    Can't you kill two birds with one stone?

4cE4YmQ.jpg

Can't do a direct swap without downgrading Fabregas to a 5.8 mid and I don't want to do that. The other option is to just do Welbeck to Austin this week to free up funds for Costa move next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Not sure what to do - I've had Berahino for the last 3 weeks, i just can't seem to get a scoring third striker - i seem to be late to the party all the time, Falcao, Welbeck and Berahino have been my third striker since GW4. However there just doesn't seem to by anyone really atm to justify buying based on fixtures/form around the 8m mark.

Be interesting to see what Wrenger does with Welbeck now that Giroud is back playing - i could just about afford to get him in, if i make transfer before any rises, but dunno if good idea or not.... decisions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    Btw, looks like you'll get a farewell price rise outa him tonight!

And I think I'll bring Krul in before he rises!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

4cE4YmQ.jpg

Can't do a direct swap without downgrading Fabregas to a 5.8 mid and I don't want to do that. The other option is to just do Welbeck to Austin this week to free up funds for Costa move next week.

I have a quite similar team and dilemma on Costa. It basically boils down to Chelsea defender and Pelle/Bony or <4.2m defender and Costa for me. Not so sure Diego is worth it when he needs more than a goal to get baps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭Invincible

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Not sure what to do - I've had Berahino for the last 3 weeks, i just can't seem to get a scoring third striker - i seem to be late to the party all the time, Falcao, Welbeck and Berahino have been my third striker since GW4. However there just doesn't seem to by anyone really atm to justify buying based on fixtures/form around the 8m mark.

Be interesting to see what Wrenger does with Welbeck now that Giroud is back playing - i could just about afford to get him in, if i make transfer before any rises, but dunno if good idea or not.... decisions

Have Berahino too, looks like he's dropping tonight with fpls.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Berahino to Austin done.

Holding off on Costa for the time being. I'll see what happens over the coming week as I think Mourinho may wish to monitor Costa's gametime and give Remy and Drogba more opportunities in the starting XI with their lead being quite big at this early stage.

I think Pelle to Austin is something of a no brainer for me this week. Having considered the Ings discussion elsewhere the fixtures for Austin decide it, plus he's shown more consistent form. If Ings was a good deal cheaper he might be worth a punt, but at pretty much the same money it's gotta be Austin for now. Frees up a great kitty to set the team up for Xmas.

Whether to take a hit to remove Forster or Clyne too will be the question....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭G1032

Welbeck out for me. That'll be my first transfer this week. Tomorrow night or Monday night depending on whether Austin is going to rise.

I will decide later in the week if Costa is coming in. It'll involve 2 further transfers and a -8 and Yun in for Coloccini. I will have 0.1 to play with!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭G1032

Who you downgrading for the rest of the Costa fund?

G1032 wrote: »
    Who you downgrading for the rest of the Costa fund?

I could do Pelle and Fab to Costa and Siggy but not convinced by this. I think I would prefer to go with Fab, Hazard and Terry as my 3 Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

4cE4YmQ.jpg

If I were you I'd ditch one of the Chelsea mid and pair the othe rone with Costa upfront.

Now Pellè to Costa requires £2.7m. Welbeck to Austin will give you £1.3m. So you need to find £1.2m somewhere.
    Siggy as a tasty run coming. He could well replace one of your Chelsea mid.
    At the back Naylor for Gibbs/Bertrand would free £0.6m too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

-8 done. Cresswell, Kompany, Tadic out for Azpi, Yun and Di Maria. Don't really want Yun, but couldn't afford the other two without doing it. Forster will be next out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Anyone tempted to get Rooney in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I am, two home games coming up. Going to swap him for aguero which frees up money to bring in a better defender

jamesbere wrote: »
    I am, two home games coming up. Going to swap him for aguero which frees up money to bring in a better defender

Don't. Going without Aguero is madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

FHFC wrote: »
    Don't. Going without Aguero is madness.

Man City away to Southampton next is going to be tough and after that they have Sunderland away and city don't have a great record at the stadium of light in the last few seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

I did last week and I feel a lot better about it after yday especially as wellbeck made way. wellbeck may be cheapish and playing for arsenal but he cant hit a barn door in the league and giroud is back
    rvp was awful too needs a rest which would mean Rooney on pens.....

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    I did last week and I feel a lot better about it after yday especially as wellbeck made way. wellbeck may be cheapish and playing for arsenal but he cant hit a barn door in the league and giroud is back
    rvp was awful too needs a rest which would mean Rooney on pens.....

I don't think RVP does need a rest. United aren't playing that much football. He just isn't playing well. I'm not sure the new styles they have been trying suit him. Yesterday he looked to be out on the right a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

I don't like the fact that fellaini has entered my thought process for next few weeks!!!!

Forster to Green and Pelle to Austin will leave me with 3.1 million banked.

I can then go for Baines in for Chambers or could go for Terry in for Moore and get Cresswell in.

Might just make the moves to free up the cash this week and then worry about how I'll spend it next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Giroud looks like a good replacement for Pelle. The only question is how fit he is and if he is going to get 90 minutes. Wellbeck could do with a rest so...

He didn't even need 90 minutes last night so why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Welbeck Oberton and Clichy to Giroud Waynama and Dummett for a minus 4. Yay or Nay?

Raf32 wrote: »
    Welbeck Oberton and Clichy to Giroud Waynama and Dummett for a minus 4. Yay or Nay?

I would go for it. Wanyama is the one I would look at again but the money is tight I guess? Better than injured Obertan, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

wonski wrote: »
    Giroud looks like a good replacement for Pelle. The only question is how fit he is and if he is going to get 90 minutes. Wellbeck could do with a rest so...

He didn't even need 90 minutes last night so why not?

I assume you have Sanchez? Giroud might be overkill when we're playing so poorly; I also don't see him starting every match.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

wonski wrote: »
    I would go for it. Wanyama is the one I would look at again but the money is tight I guess? Better than injured Obertan, obviously.

Just have the 4.7 so he probably is the best option. only problem would be double cover for Newcastle with Krul too but i can live with that for a few weeks.

I assume you have Sanchez? Giroud might be overkill when we're playing so poorly; I also don't see him starting every match.

To be fair most of the top teams are playing below my expectations.
    Chelsea scored 2 and then failed to score again after the red card.
    Only 3 top teams scored more goals than Arsenal, Newcastle occupying 5th spot with 14 goals scored (Crystal Palace on the bottom with the same number). We might be losing games, but goals are there. If Giroud starts there is a good chance he will be involved.

Will think about this but have a good feeling about him coming back.

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »
    Just have the 4.7 so he probably is the best option. only problem would be double cover for Newcastle with Krul too but i can live with that for a few weeks.

Brady 4.6 if he starts today.

Advertisement