Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifehacking pics - Simples.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

funny-299.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

A personal favourate of mine. Any it nearly always works:
    elevator-buttons.jpg
    If you're in a lift and don't want to stop to let people on, hold the door close button and the floor you wan't to go to button at the same time.

Sorry but has nobody noticed

what happens if your on the 13th floor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

A lot of buildings dont have a 13th floor just like hotels dont have a room with 13 in it.
    I discovered this when i let a customer charge their dinner to room 313 with didnt exist. The manager was not happy about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Frynge wrote: »
    A lot of buildings dont have a 13th floor just like hotels dont have a room with 13 in it.

Or rows in airplanes.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

Frynge wrote: »

In China they have an aversion to the number 4 (because it sounds like the word for "death") hence this:

china-elevator.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Or rows in airplanes.

Never noticed that i must say

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Delicia

kupus wrote: »
    On the subject of cleaning.

A cheap alternative to cleaning hands is sugar and soap. (a small teaspoon is plenty) rather than the expensive stuff.
    It gets out oil, grease soil earth dirt etc.

An old trick from my mother! But she uses (& so do I) a teaspoon of regular granulated sugar & a dash of cooking oil. The sugar acts as an abrasive & the oil as a moisturiser. Rub well in for a few minutes & wash off with soap - you're hands will thank you for it. Add lemon juice if your hands need 'de-staining'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

This is probably a paddlin' as im not embedding the pics but anyhoo....

9 x 100 year old life hacks that still work today via George Takei:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/51702/10-lifehacks-100-years-ago

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Doge wrote: »
    This is probably a paddlin' as im not embedding the pics but anyhoo....

9 x 100 year old life hacks that still work today via George Takei:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/51702/10-lifehacks-100-years-ago

Many of them are awful....I read till number 10...and had enough
    How to stop a mad dog
    A scout's staff, a walking-stick, or even a handkerchief or hat may be held before you as shown. The dog invariably endeavours to paw down your defense before biting, thus giving you the opportunity of disabling him by a kick."
    So we can disable dogs with a kick now ?
    How to make a chair to cross a stream
    Fasten a strong rope to a tree and let a boy swim across the stream and fasten the other end to a tree on an opposite bank. Make the chair
    Rescue someone from electric shock "In rescuing a person touched by a "live wire" do not attempt to take hold of him if he is still grasping the wire, unless your hands are protected by rubber gloves, a water-proof coat, or several thicknesses of dry cloth. Stand on glass or dry wood, and try and have (the) current switched off, and send at once for a doctor."
    When is glass ever readily available to stand on, and who would suggest doin it ?

I know you didn't make these up...but...they're stupid

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

2395_43e5.gif

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

2395_43e5.gif

Who holds the carton that high and far away from the glass in the first place lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

now i can have milk everyday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

now i can have milk everyday
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,638 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

tricky D wrote: »
    ddf0c6a9-81d3-45e6-93c9-40db518cbe85.jpg

unbelievable.. I have several pictures to hang this weekend, this will come in handy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭red_0007

Bazmo* posted this over on the funny gifs thread, but it deserves to be here
    BaZmO* wrote: »
    2014-02-11-how-to-peel-an-orange-animation-680x324.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭frippy

red_0007 wrote: »
    Bazmo* posted this over on the funny gifs thread, but it deserves to be here

Very cool

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

7LsMJjf.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

http://i.imgur.com/8XhXYW4.mp4

How to wrap a present the Japanese way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

no picture as its only an idea, but one way to keep water costs down,
    toilets....
    stick the cistern on the outside wall to collect water from the rain gutter outside. Only to be used on rainy days. also if you are one of those double flushers then this is not for you. lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,638 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

kupus wrote: »
    no picture as its only an idea, but one way to keep water costs down,
    toilets....
    stick the cistern on the outside wall to collect water from the rain gutter outside. Only to be used on rainy days. also if you are one of those double flushers then this is not for you. lol.

There are already systems like this available:

http://www.phoenixsailingcharters.com/rainwater.htm

but to be honest, with the cost of setting up something like this, you will probably only start saving money after a decade or more (at which point you'd probably have sold the house!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

But it is a good move if you want to reduce your impact on the environment..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭KAGY

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭jessie_pinkman

nice

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

5PDAiL.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

7692_c00c.gif

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's a brilliant idea, but wouldn't the weight of a cow activate the gate too?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Cows hate those cattle grids on the ground, they never walk on them, most houses out in rural areas in this country have them in the driveway aswell. Anyway the car will weigh about a ton, animals will be lighter, the engineer could just add weight until its balanced properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

The weight of several cows maybe, it'd be interesting to try and build

I know they hate grids, but they're usually metal, I didn't think they'd mind wooden grids too much. But you're making a good point, it'd be a matter of calculating the right 'tilting' weight, so to speak.

• Advertisement

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3938591.stm
    Hungry sheep on the Yorkshire moors have taught themselves to roll 8ft (3m) across hoof-proof metal cattle grids - and raid villagers' valley gardens.

Advertisement