Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread MOD WARNING POST #2944

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Am I on my own hoping Bastic starts ahead of MD?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Anybody been to Boston and watch a Dublin game before? Looking for somewhere to watch it. Thanks.

Anybody been to Boston and watch a Dublin game before? Looking for somewhere to watch it. Thanks.

Irish pub I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Slattsy wrote: »
    Am I on my own hoping Bastic starts ahead of MD?

Nope. I want us to front up with him.

Delighted with that team now that I see it.

Roll on Sunday ta ****!!!

Nope. I want us to front up with him.

Delighted with that time now that I see it.

Roll on Sunday ta ****!!!

Go to bed your drunk ya bollox.
    In Walshes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Slattsy wrote: »
    Go to bed your drunk ya bollox.
    In Walshes!

Like ships in the night. I went to Mulligans for a bit of scram then to Fibbers and finally in the Bough for an impromptu bop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

Stoner wrote: »
    If that team starts we were more or less correct Andrews starting rock starting.
    MDMA to finish the game I think
    I think the team will start but Id put MDMA in for Andrews. MDMA is not at 2013 levels but that was POTY levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Slattsy and Bonnie, we'll yiz give yer livers a break? They'll be working hard on Sunday evening. Good to give them some training sessions, and yer elbows will benefit too, but you need them to be fresh at 5pm tomorrow and ready to go. By the sounds of it, most of the preparation work has been done, so you can ease down now in preparation for tomorrow evening.:)

As for the team, it looks good and we have a strong bench. There seems to be a lot of speculation about who really will start between Bastic and McCauley. There could be other changes come throw-in too. It's getting closer now, and though we are favourites there are a lot of people giving Mayo a good chance and even tipping them. They won't be afraid of us. They've turned us over before in semi-finals, against the odds. They are on a mission, though of course Mayo always are. If the overall mission succeeds, it will have been well won. They've got to get past us first. It'll be close. No 17 point margins this time, or 5 goals scored. Like Kerry last Sunday, the winning of it for us could be on the bench.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I think Fenton and bastic will start, if we need him early or say Fenton is overwhelmed then he'll come on. Of the three he's the game changer imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I think the team will start but Id put MDMA in for Andrews. MDMA is not at 2013 levels but that was POTY levels.

Definitely wouldn't drop Paddy, easily our best ball winner and that's important in tight games like these.

• Advertisement

Definitely wouldn't drop Paddy, easily our best ball winner and that's important in tight games like these.
    Andrews is a good player but I think Mayo would be happy with MDMA on the bench. Could tip the balance in middle of pitch.
    What will Dublin do if its OShea on left side on 21 n Barry Moran in at full forward? Think they have to bring back Bastick. Moran is too tall for most other options.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Big difference between Moran with the ball and AOS with the ball at hand IMO There's only one AOS wrt breaking tackles mobility etc.
    I agree Andrews to start,
    We will just have to adapt on the day.

I wasnt a Barry Moran at full forward fan. But he has improved a lot in terms of his fitness n mobility. Seems more agile. Agree big difference to AOS. But idea might be to free up AOS n Cillian by keeping some attention on Barry Moran. Connolly - Keegan that is worth admission. Hope its Higgins - Brogan for another classic matchup.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Predictions?

General play very even but Dublin have too many scoring options. Dublin by 4.

Draw . Two goals each

Stoner wrote: »
    Draw . Two goals each

No points?

Andrews is a good player but I think Mayo would be happy with MDMA on the bench. Could tip the balance in middle of pitch.
    What will Dublin do if its OShea on left side on 21 n Barry Moran in at full forward? Think they have to bring back Bastick. Moran is too tall for most other options.
    Not saying I wouldn't bring in a 3rd midfielder, I'm saying I wouldn't sacrifice Paddy for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭billyhead

corny wrote: »
    Predictions?

General play very even but Dublin have too many scoring options. Dublin by 4.

I think if Dublin are ahead at half time they will win this game. They need to keep a tight reign on AOS as he will be their target man in the forwards. The battle between Bernard and Keith Higgins will be interesting. Cluxton will have to go short with a lot of his kickouts as the Mayo midfield will win a lot of possession if he goes long. Were due a big game from Flynner and hopefully Dermo gets a couple of early scores as hes a confidence player. Should be a cracker with too very attacking sides. I don't think we will see many surging runs from the likes of McCarthy and McCaffrey as they wont want to get caught out of position. I really think are backs will keep Mayos forwards quiet (Cooper and Philly have been having a great championship so far) and as we have better forwards and we can bring the likes of Alan and Kmac off the bench I reckon its Dublin to win by 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

Anyone buy the Parnell Park pass online this year ? Whats the whole deal with needing a google account and all that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

The DCB have disabled the link to buying the PP online, due to the match being sold out. If Dublin win tomorrow & they put the PP on sale again, the link should work again, without you needing any log in codes or accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

ProudDUB wrote: »
    The DCB have disabled the link to buying the PP online, due to the match being sold out. If Dublin win tomorrow & they put the PP on sale again, the link should work again, without you needing any log in codes or accounts.

Cheers for that PD

No probs.

The Dubs - The story of a season documentary is on RTE now. It's a behind the scenes look at at the 2005 season under Pilar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Cracking documentary this it hadn't been shown in years and wasn't online anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

seanhynes wrote: »
    Cracking documentary this it hadn't been shown in years and wasn't online anywhere
    Thoroughly enjoyed it and very timely too to get people up for the game tomorrow!

It was gas seeing how excited the players, mgt & fans were at winning a Leinster title. Now, the only excitement comes from betting on how much they are going to win by. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

It was gas seeing how excited the players, mgt & fans were at winning a Leinster title. Now, the only excitement comes from betting on how much they are going to win by. :rolleyes:

Probably because it was only the 2nd in 10 years. Still fresh.

Got a last minute ticket!

Here....we...go!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Got a last minute ticket!

Here....we...go!

Happy for ya boss

Morning troops !

Here we go, here we go here we go, here we go, heeeeere we go !!!!

Safe travels to everyone heading in. Which sounds a bit daft, as I only have a 20 minute bus ride, but shure its the thought that counts.

Give yerself some extra time and have some back up plans in place if you are meeting people to exchange tickets. The Guards are closing off Jones Rd (and access to the Croke Park Hotel) unless you have a Hogan stand ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Morning troops !

Here we go, here we go here we go, here we go, heeeeere we go !!!!

Safe travels to everyone heading in. Which sounds a bit daft, as I only have a 20 minute bus ride, but shure its the thought that counts.

Give yerself some extra time and have some back up plans in place if you are meeting people to exchange tickets. The Guards are closing off Jones Rd (and access to the Croke Park Hotel) unless you have a Hogan stand ticket.

Or a Nally ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement