Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Threatened with physical violence

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Out of general interest as I am a complete amateur on legal matters. What is a 'lawful excuse' ?

They're in your house and you warn them you're going to be remove them, guards etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

His reaction is over the top and boorish but you shouldn't have been blocking his driveway. You certainly shouldn't do it again.

I can't believe that you would actually take the threat seriously enough to fear for your well-being and I doubt the Gardaí would either. He also didn't say anything about randomly attacking you for no reason. He specifically said it related to you blocking his driveway. So don't block his driveway.

Don't block anyone's driveway. It's their driveway.

This is a ridiculous comment. How in any way does blocking someones drivway for a few minutes warrent a threat of physical harm :confused:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Out of general interest as I am a complete amateur on legal matters. What is a 'lawful excuse' ?

It's pretty much what it says on the tin. It can be:

1) Doctor: I'm going to have to cut off your hand to save your arm;
    2) Garda: If you don't drop the knife I will use my baton; etc

although to be fair to you it is pretty difficult to think of scenarios where someone could lawfully threaten to cause serious harm / death.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,714 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

This is a ridiculous comment. How in any way does blocking someones drivway for a few minutes warrent a threat of physical harm :confused:
    Where did I say it was warranted? I think I said the opposite, unless you and I have a different understanding of the sentence, "his reaction is over the top and boorish".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

In the OP he states he did not think his neighbour would do it so the threat really must not have been that serious.

More of a throw away comment many of us now make.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

OP's neighbor is obviously a bully type individual, maybe even a psychopath. Stay clear of him, give him a wide berth etc..

Advertisement