Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The vegged up 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Made them burgers! I had to use more millet than the recommended breadcrumbs and in the end I think I used too much. I'll know next time! With sweet potato chips and tomato sauce. Must learn how to photograph food properly.

A0B8EDD0B8F34C279F0AB5B43F509D15-0000328695-0002057194-00800L-CC05ED8BE2B84081A13B9105912815FB.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

looks great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

looks great!

I agree...

it does look like there's a lot of tomato sauce

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

LOL. that is all. Pity it not brown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

--LOS-- wrote: »
    I agree...

it does look like there's a lot of tomato sauce
    There's not really actually. It's just spread out over the top of everything >_>

Jim wrote: »
    There's not really actually. It's just spread out over the top of everything >_>

-_-

/slow clapping

:P

hmm what did I have.....garlic potatoes A la gain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Quorn Fillets and Garlic Butter, with Pasta Pesto:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Tonight it'll be homemade felafel with tahini dressing and spuds fried in olive oil with spring onions nyom!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I made the most awesome dinner ever the other night.

Butternut squash, cut quite chunky, roasted with a little bit of olive oil and a fair bit of Balsamic vinegar put with a rocket, raw spinach and watercress salad, spring onions, cucumber, roasted pumpkin seeds and a big dollop of houmous.

The butternut squash was amazing with the balsamic vinegar, crispy yet soft, and bitter yet sweet. Oh God. My 2 devout-meat-eater-friends even enjoyed it!

sounds yummm mmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Gizmoisgiddy

I had pasta, with quorn mince with shallots, frozen mixed veg, and a can of tomatoes mixed in
    In otherwords vege spagetti bolognese :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Warronh

I always consume heavy meals and last night I had some veggie-salad, tomato soup, veg-fried rice and some curd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Curry with butternut squash, chickpeas and spinach and a little bit of plain yoghurt + brown rice and mini garlic and coriander naan bread. Lovely winter food!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭RussellTuring

Seitan korma with homemade samosas.

4uur9h.jpg

Last night: Makhani dhal
    Tonight: Red Lentil/Chilli Chickpea soup

Both very very nice! The dhal was my first time making a curry with spices instead of straight up curry powder or paste. Yum! The soup was really warming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

5293076363_f0339a3f50.jpg

I made stuffed, roasted whole butternut squash for xmas day and had all the usual trimmings...

5293644648_2b1490db6f.jpg

It was so tasty and very filling! One of these would feed four people. Even my hardcore carnivore dad commented positively on it... although he wouldn't try any, he's suspicious of 'exotic vegetables'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭awesom_o

I threw some lemongrass, tofu, ginger, coriander, ginger, garlic ,breadcrumbs and egg in the blender. Shaped them into balls, fried them in sunflower oil for 2 mins and eh voila.. tofu and lemongrass nuggets.

Ate it with sweet chili sauce and noodles

It was so so good. :D

I made stuffed, roasted whole butternut squash for xmas day and had all the usual trimmings...

It was so tasty and very filling! One of these would feed four people. Even my hardcore carnivore dad commented positively on it... although he wouldn't try any, he's suspicious of 'exotic vegetables'.

What was in it, looks amazing.

What was in it, looks amazing.

No bother! Carving out the butternut was the hard and boring part! I got this recipe ages ago from the Afternoon Show, its Lorraine Fitzmaurices

It has egg in to bind it together, but I think this could be omitted or you could use water instead.

burgerOmegaAndSpicy.png
    I tried both of Dee's burgers recently and I have to say that I'm really disappointed. First off they took a while to cook in the oven, and they actually stuck to the tinfoil, while the burger itself remained quite soft and broke apart easily. Tasting them then, I found them really bland (even the spicy ones) and needed to add loads of relish to them to add flavour. I wouldn't buy them again.

• Advertisement

thanks for the recipe, looks yummy. spinach and fake ham going in mine :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Hello Veggies!

I cooked your suggestion fillefatale, for my veggie girlfriend tonight and she loved it!

141664.jpg

thanks for the recipe, looks yummy. spinach and fake ham going in mine :D

now if only you would cook

today......

rocket, olives, red onion, cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, balsamic vinegar dressing salad.

mashed potato, purified beetroot, purified creamy parsnips, mashed carrots n parsnips, fried turnip, risotto of deliciousness

chocolate brownie cakes, hazlenut cream, other sweet deliciousness

mmm cookin cousins

now if only there be cooking relations heh heh

me ow :P

soooo much butter in that whole meal though, I dread to think how much.

Hello Veggies!

I cooked your suggestion fillefatale, for my veggie girlfriend tonight and she loved it!

141664.jpg

Amazing! Its so delish and very filling, glad she enjoyed it!

• Advertisement

wrap with kidney beans, quorn pieces and veg this eve, was delicious, mmm sauce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

I cooked this today..meant for eating tomorrow,(not now..it was yummy! :D)

http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/535338

I added extra spinach to thicken it because it was a bit runny. Had it with garlic bread (had it in the freezer)

It was so cheap and easy to make. And loads in it.
    Sorry I can't do pics :o

chucken1 wrote: »
    I cooked this today..meant for eating tomorrow,(not now..it was yummy! :D)

http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/535338

I added extra spinach to thicken it because it was a bit runny. Had it with garlic bread (had it in the freezer)

It was so cheap and easy to make. And loads in it.
    Sorry I can't do pics :o

mmmm I'm liking all those ingredients, sounds yum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

My first week as a vegetarian and my first post in the veggie forum!

Today for dinner I made a carrot, potato and courgette curry, making the curry sauce from scratch. Served with rice and chapatis. Had a spiced mushroom and spinach side dish which was lovely.

Have a carrot and parsnip soup made for my tea tonight which I'm looking forward to.

oh great start by you !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭awesom_o

LOL I feel like a fraud here, with you lot making unusual/original/fresh veggie food.

Being the savage that I am, I had a chicken fillet roll.
    Well. A quorn chicken fillet roll. :D

At least it wasn't those sh1te yokes you'd get from a garage on a Sunday morning. Ugh. Memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

oh wow!!

i make stuffed mushrooms last night, nothing compared to this! it looks amazing!! i got a butternut squash for my xmas dinner to make a pie and i couldnt get the bloody skin off! i tip my hat to you! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Just some home-made broccoli and mushroom quiche... but it was yum.
    I mixed regular cheddar and smoked cheddar in the filling, made it taste kind of bacon-y without any bacon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

My OH made a delicious sweet potato and broccoli thai green curry with brown rice for dinner last night. Having left overs for lunch today - yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

cosmic wrote: »
    My OH made a delicious sweet potato and broccoli thai green curry with brown rice for dinner last night. Having left overs for lunch today - yum!

/drools

Tonight I made curried chickpeas and quinoa using Lidl tinned tomatoes with chillis. I added baby spinach to wilt at the end and stirred in some yoghurt (got a bit overzealous with the cayenne chilli pepper!).

Served with toasted wholemeal pita bread. Spicy, but nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Cheese, mushroom, onion, spinach and tomato omelette.
    With homemade chips!
    And a bitta salad.

Woop!

IMG_9139.jpg

had best ever meal in cornucopia, their enchilada was amazing! oh god, drool

We had 3 course meals in juice recently for 15.50, was really good. Surprised people don't talk about it more on here.

I had spinach pancakes, bean casserole+rice+wedges+sour cream and a chocolate torte(amazing!) for dessert. Food was really good and was good service too.
    The wimmin had bruchetta, sweet chilli noodles with tofu and tiramisu for dessert.

mmmm

Juice?

• Advertisement

georges street

brill. sounds delish

http://www.juicerestaurant.ie/
    ta da!

watch out for the creepy flower though!

oh early bird menu is 5-8. Other menu seems expensive enough, 13 euro for veggie burger and chips

menu sounds lovely, but i am somewhat creeped out by the photos they choose to have on their website - anaemic hippy veggies and someone smoking? WHat the what?

they also circle the creepy flower and click contact us, lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

they also circle the creepy flower and click contact us, lol!

pic01.jpg

Superchef, he wants to make you some tabouleh!

Menu looks great, I shall attribute it to his superpowers.

even the wedges are amazing! So well done! and that's just a side :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Is Juice a new restaurant? Never heard of nor noticed it before but the food sounds good!

• Advertisement

Nope, I went there years ago but you wouldn't notice it too easily even passing it every day, yummy though. were on our way to yamamoris and saw the offer, mmm

Advertisement