Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two new housing developments for Dunshaughlin?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Galego

I can see some people have already moved in. Anyone who wrote here earlier in the year perhaps? If so, I would be courious to know how you are finding the house. Have the builders started phrase 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Corkgirl057

Some of the house in phase 2 are already sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Is it the semi-Ds that are most in demand. Last time I checked Daft/MyHome the 4 and 5 bed detached are still being advertised. Haven't checked in a while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jazzyb

I have bought in phase two or two and half they are spacing them out!!! Anyone else bought in this phase? Or any advice from people who have moved in already Would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

I was just driving by this development the other day and noticed that the red brick on some of these new houses seems to be turning white already, looks really bad on a brand new house-what's going on?

I was just driving by this development the other day and noticed that the red brick on some of these new houses seems to be turning white already, looks really bad on a brand new house-what's going on?

It is called efflorescence and it can be a pain to remove (can take several years and can be coming back). It has to do with the sand getting wet before laying bricks & mortar. It is horrible looking and it was me I would be looking for the builder to remove it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Its caused by salts in cement, water, sand, brick etc.. and will generally happen when the house is drying out. It will particularly happen with houses that were built during wet periods because they will hold more water in the block/brick/mortar than a house built in a dry period hence more water will leach out of the block/brickwork increasing the problem.

There are things than can be done by the builder to prevent it, ie. ecocem claim that their cement will have a greater effect in reducing it due to the chemical reaction being different than using normal cement (Generally builders are slow to change their ways but ecocem is a fantastic product). The builder can also cover his brickwork in wet conditions during construction to stop water getting in in the first place but to be fair there is a fair bit of work involved in that particularly in winter months.

If the bricks contain salt (generally a porous burnt clay type) there is little the builder can do as its naturally occuring. This also holds true for the water used for mixing the mortar.

Although it kinda looks **** it shouldn't last too long and is probably easily removed. That said, although i wouldn't hold the builder totally responsible for its occurance, i'd be fairly pissed off if he didn't remove it, particularly if hes still on site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭maik3n

So Seachnaill Abbey is still going strong, the Willows is still wilting but we now have another new housing development in Dunshaughlin.

It's a bit out of the way, behind Maelduin/Coldericks Pass but I guess it's good news for the most part surely :P

Kellett's Grove
    http://www.daft.ie/meath/new-homes-for-sale/kelletts-grove-dunshaughlin-meath-54928/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

Showhouse was open over the weekend from 1-3. I drove by and it seemed fairly busy. Don't know if it was serious punters or people just wasting time

• Advertisement

Yet more new houses for Dunshaughlin?

O'Hora are currently doing some landscaping work up at Maelduin
    This patch of land across from Apache Pizza/Chocolate Fringe

Mod: <image removed>

They have also re-started work at The Willows.......there is obviously enough demand for new builts....

So it's definitely another housing estate then?

With regard to the Willows, I think this shines some light on things
    http://www.eplanning.ie/MeathCC/AppFileRefDetails/RA161253/0

From what I can gleam, it seems to be just works on some houses rather than the whole estate being resurrected? :cool:

maik3n wrote: »

With regard to the Willows, I think this shines some light on things
    http://www.eplanning.ie/MeathCC/AppFileRefDetails/RA161253/0

From what I can gleam, it seems to be just works on some houses rather than the whole estate being resurrected? :cool:

I think that is just an amendment to their existing planning permission. They renewed their original planning permission almost two years ago.

maik3n wrote: »

At least it's the start of some movement. The village badly needs some life

• Advertisement

hehe, so is/was that particular green area called Hanson Wood?
    I can't say I have ever heard the area called that, much less heard of the family name ''Hanson'' having any connection with Dunshaughlin.

Is there some historical significance from ye olden times, lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Famous Blue Raincoat

hehe, so is/was that particular green area called Hanson Wood?
    I can't say I have ever heard the area called that, much less heard of the family name ''Hanson'' having any connection with Dunshaughlin.

Is there some historical significance from ye olden times, lol?

Precisely my thought. Why is Meath County Council allowing Tom Hora to create names that have no connection with the heritage of Dunshaughlin? He managed to call one of his housing estates in Dún Laoghaire 'Kensington Manor', so it's likely to only get worse if he gets away with this. There was no such 'Hanson' family in Dunshaughlin, or such a place, - and it's stretching it to name it after old Mrs Hanson who lived down the Bog Road up until about 20 years ago.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Precisely my thought. Why is Meath County Council allowing Tom Hora to create names that have no connection with the heritage of Dunshaughlin? He managed to call one of his housing estates in Dún Laoghaire 'Kensington Manor', so it's likely to only get worse if he gets away with this. There was no such 'Hanson' family in Dunshaughlin, or such a place, - and it's stretching it to name it after old Mrs Hanson who lived down the Bog Road up until about 20 years ago.

Can any county council control what a developer calls a development though? I actually don't know, but I'd be surprised if the council have much/any control over that. Hora are in the business of selling homes, if people fall for daft names and are willing to part with extra €€€ because of it, then I'd say it'll continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ACAD21

Does anyone have an idea what kind of prices Hora is asking for these houses? They're not great at getting back to enquiries. As far as I know he likes to negotiate on a case by case basis but it'd be interesting to know a ballpark. I'm renting in Dunshaughlin at the moment and looking to buy

ACAD21 wrote: »
    Does anyone have an idea what kind of prices Hora is asking for these houses? They're not great at getting back to enquiries. As far as I know he likes to negotiate on a case by case basis but it'd be interesting to know a ballpark. I'm renting in Dunshaughlin at the moment and looking to buy

I heard from someone who enquired between 310 -350k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 ACAD21

tara83 wrote: »
    I heard from someone who enquired between 310 -350k

Thanks for the info! 310 is quite steep for a 3 bed house in Dunshauglin seeing as the Kellets grove ones were about 280. I suppose it depends on what they're like once theyre finished!

ACAD21 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info! 310 is quite steep for a 3 bed house in Dunshauglin seeing as the Kellets grove ones were about 280. I suppose it depends on what they're like once theyre finished!

As I say that's 2nd hand info so maybe the 3 bed is cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kateod

Hi, is anyone buying in Hanson Wood?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Shireboy

Kateod wrote: »
    Hi, is anyone buying in Hanson Wood?

We are looking at the estate, have you heard anything about it?

Shireboy wrote: »
    We are looking at the estate, have you heard anything about it?

Hi,
    Yes, you need to contact the agent his name is Aidan.

Thanks, already in talks with him.

Can I ask you if you leaving in Dunshuaghlin already?
    We will be moving from Dublin. Really like the houses but not sure about the location..?? :-/

Can I ask you if you leaving in Dunshuaghlin already?
    We will be moving from Dublin. Really like the houses but not sure about the location..?? :-/

Yes, currently living here for last 10 years. We love it, it's close but not too far out from Dublin for work, but Dunshaughlin has a real community feel about it that's made us want to stay here.

Yes, currently living here for last 10 years. We love it, it's close but not too far out from Dublin for work, but Dunshaughlin has a real community feel about it that's made us want to stay here.

That's good to hear... For us is a big decision as we also have two kids...I heard that schools are very good in Dunshaughlin..
    Are u also looking at The Willows - do u know how much they will be selling for??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭blueballfc

That's good to hear... For us is a big decision as we also have two kids...I heard that schools are very good in Dunshaughlin..
    Are u also looking at The Willows - do u know how much they will be selling for??

Hi is there a show house in either of these ? I think Hanson wood was only off the plans ?

Yeah all schools in the town are great, well we are happy with them anyway.

Phoned willows and apparently they will be launching in september and will have prices in 2 weeks from last week, it's a much larger development, which they told me would be over the next 5 yrs. great to see this estate finally on the go.

• Advertisement

blueballfc wrote: »
    Hi is there a show house in either of these ? I think Hanson wood was only off the plans ?

They have houses they can show over in Donabate, the estate Beresford. They are built pretty much the same just a few changes but you get the idea of the house and the build. The houses are really nice, and can see that Hora really ensure everything is right from start to finish.

Yeah all schools in the town are great, well we are happy with them anyway.

Phoned willows and apparently they will be launching in september and will have prices in 2 weeks from last week, it's a much larger development, which they told me would be over the next 5 yrs. great to see this estate finally on the go.

I'm wondering how many they sold alredy in Hanson Wood.??
    Wow 5 year development that will be about 300 homes.

I think he only had 1 maybe 2 left of the first phrase (front row), but don't know for sure been a while since I spoke to them.

Yeah sounded like a big development for willows.

95 (or something close to that) according to planning......But then again they could apply to build more if needed.

hi Guys,

any news on the prices in the willows?

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

Another housing estate in Dunshaughlin on the Dublin road (opening in the hedge across from the entrance to Dunshaughlin Business Park).

93 houses planned

http://www.eplanning.ie/MeathCC/AppFileRefDetails/RA140500/0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

Yes, good to see some positive developments in the area. Hopefully, it might also lead to more commercial activity in the village. In particular, I would love to see Supervalue's domination finally ended.

CUCINA wrote: »
    Yes, good to see some positive developments in the area. Hopefully, it might also lead to more commercial activity in the village. In particular, I would love to see Supervalue's domination finally ended.

Cucina I totally agree with your above post and strongly agree with your comment on SuperValu. I do think at this stage a Petition needs to be started, similiar to what I understand happened in Trim to get Lidl in the town, and now they are getting a Aldi too.

P.S. I have nothing against SuperValu, infact I like the SuperValu in Trim and they look like they're doing rather well with Lidl in the town too.;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

GeneHunt wrote: »
    Cucina I totally agree with your above post and strongly agree with your comment on SuperValu. I do think at this stage a Petition needs to be started, similiar to what I understand happened in Trim to get Lidl in the town, and now they are getting a Aldi too.

P.S. I have nothing against SuperValu, infact I like the SuperValu in Trim and they look like they're doing rather well with Lidl in the town too.;)

I wouldn't put it past Supervalu to apply for planning to build a second supervalu within the next 5 years to stop any other supermarket entering the town and keeping their 20 year hold on the town uninterrupted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 nlassai

Anyone here bought house in Hanson Wood? They don't have a show house to view.

Gonzo wrote: »
    I wouldn't put it past Supervalu to apply for planning to build a second supervalu within the next 5 years to stop any other supermarket entering the town and keeping their 20 year hold on the town uninterrupted.

They already have applied for planning in late 2015 to update the existing shop, see link. Very little detail on the planning application (surprise, surprise). They have now started this work to give the shop a "facelift" (as they call it).

As I understand it, they are putting a new front entrance (set out about 1 meter from the existing front entrance) and they are expanding the off licence (by about a 1 meter outside the existing building) into the carpark (to the right in this picture), not sure what the plan on the other side of the entrance is yet. The roof of this building is going to be raised up to accommodate this new larger building. I'm unsure how high the roof will be or if they plan to add a second floor over the off licence.

35825974410_d3954e0c5e_b.jpg

Here's how Super Valu looked last weekend

35801176683_ee26e44339_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mcasmck

Anyone heard anymore about The Willows Development? Must be launching soon....

mcasmck wrote: »
    Anyone heard anymore about The Willows Development? Must be launching soon....

Yes they have already held viewings for the current phase few weeks ago, I know a good few have sold already on this phase, the next phrase I heard is being released in September.

Three beds were going for around 297K and four beds were 340k, heard next phase they would be higher in price but don't know for sure what they will be going for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Any update on The Willows? Site plan, prices etc....

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Any update on The Willows? Site plan, prices etc....

Launching this weekend. From 305k for 3 beds and 345k for 4 beds

Apparently the park and ride train station is adjacent 😂

tara83 wrote: »
    Launching this weekend. From 305k for 3 beds and 345k for 4 beds

Apparently the park and ride train station is adjacent 😂

I see you got the email too, houses look good, improvement on what was there before, very similar to the Hora homes now.

And seen on the brochure it's only 5m to avoca and 15m to blanch, what kinda car are they driving!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I see you got the email too, houses look good, improvement on what was there before, very similar to the Hora homes now.

And seen on the brochure it's only 5m to avoca and 15m to blanch, what kinda car are they driving!

Blanch is only 15 mins from Dunshaughlin though. Maybe a couple mins more but not much.

I do it every day and takes me 30 minutes but this is at peek times, so I suppose it all depends on the time you leave and obviously the speed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement