Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG G3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

irishchris wrote: »
    This is what i have been using but not very practical and has to be redone everytime the phone is restarted or powered off.
    Shocked there is not more uproar by lg users on this basic essential toggle that is missing

I believe the reason it's like this is because some EU countries do not have 4G, so in order to save battery, they disable it. Something like that. Its a pain though.
    irishchris wrote: »
    How is your phone for reception and battery? Bit disappointed batterywise compared to my previous phone (oneplus one)

Reception wise, it seems fine. Battery wise, its pretty much muck and seems to be getting worse since lollipop.
    I've yet to own an Android phone with a battery that I'm happy with though. (HTC Desire, HTC One X, Nexus 4, LG G3).
    I nearly went with the OPO when it first came out, but caved waiting for invites.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

am about to take the plunge and order the 32gb model from Amazon.de. Has anyone had issues with ordering from them? Any issues with this one vs 16gb?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

am about to take the plunge and order the 32gb model from Amazon.de. Has anyone had issues with ordering from them? Any issues with this one vs 16gb?

Ordered a Moto X from them with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

Who delivers .de shipments, the only option seems to be standard delivery taking 5-7 days? No express option for some reason

BArra wrote: »
    Who delivers .de shipments, the only option seems to be standard delivery taking 5-7 days? No express option for some reason

DHL I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Anyone have this phone that had the G2?

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Anyone order one from Amazon? I was looking to buy one but looking for a good price!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

So got an update last night on my sim free g3 . changed the icons on the bottom as in home back and so on to look more lolollipopy ha ha. But finally i have the an option to choose 4g in the network options woo

Where abouts is the option to change to 4G in the network options?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Under tethering and networks then mobile networks the if gives the option for. GSM/WCDMA/LTE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Under tethering and networks then mobile networks the if gives the option for. GSM/WCDMA/LTE

I got this update also but still cannot select 4g. So annoying.

So, *#*#4636#*#* doesn't work and neither does the rats selection method work. I'm stuck on 3g all the time.

On a good note, I have noticed an increase in batter life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭DraganGTD

Anyone got that cracking issue over the microphone?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mylesm

Hi Thinking of getting G3 can someone please tell me does it have wireless charging as standard

thanks

mylesm

Nope.

Yes it does have but only the European models D855.

DraganGTD wrote: »
    Yes it does have but only the European models D855.

Thanks for that its a bit confusing theres uk version European Version and US Version I was looking at getting one from Amazon and in the Checkout it says fulfilled by Amazon Eu sarl so hopefully its the European version

F400 is Korean version

This is the version that you want ""D855"" the international (UK/EU) I got my 32 gig a year ago.

D850 is for USA AT&T carrier

D851 is for USA T-Mobile carrier

DraganGTD wrote: »
    F400 is Korean version

This is the version that you want ""D855"" the international (UK/EU) I got my 32 gig a year ago.

D850 is for USA AT&T carrier

D851 is for USA T-Mobile carrier

So is the D855 the one here

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-G3-UK-SIM-Free-Smartphone/dp/B00KMZ07J2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430053157&sr=8-1&transaction=device_only&keywords=lg+d855

So this one would have wireless charging
    Thanks

Yeah it says in a product description that it is a D855 so It should have wireless charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Got my LG G3 from amazon.de last week. It's the D855 model. Cost me €418 including delivery for the 32GB, 3GB ram model. The default language was German but this can be changed as soon as you boot the phone to set it up.

It's only my second smart phone. Have been using a HTC sensation for the last 4 or 5 years so the LG is a big step up.

I've been impressed by the camera. Its so easy to take photos one handed using the volume buttons.

I might get one of the slim guard cases for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jonnybegood

Anybody having problems with lg suite
    Says there is a update for me to v20I, but when i try to update
    It tells me there is a connection problem
    I am on v20a-EUR-xx
    Tried the lg update tool, says no update

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Stuie2081

Hey, can't create a new thread due to being a newbie, so I thought it might be good to post this question to people familiar with the LG G3.

I can buy the LG G3 32gb (3gb ram) or the Huawei Ascend Mate 7 16gb (2gb ram), for pretty much the same price on pixmania unlocked.
    The Huawei has a bigger screen but the LG G3 that I can afford has more ram. Before people mention it, I'm used to the emotion ui, and I don't dislike it as much as most people.

I don't game a whole lot, I use a range of networking sites, and consume a lot of media on the go (hence the need for a large screen phone).
    The battery on my current phone (Huawei p6) sucks hence the upgrade.

Which would you choose, and why? Does the 1gb difference in ram matter? Upgrading from a 4.7 inch phone, will the half inch difference between the 5.5 inch lg and the 6 inch huawei matter that much in real life?
    Also, is the LG equipped well enough with a decent battery life? (Currently my huawei p6 has me bringing a charger with me everywhere).

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks to anybody who replies, hoping to order one of the two on monday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

Im posting from a g3 now. Its the best phone ive ever had. If you have the screen at full brightness itll drain quickly. But i keep mine at 65%.

For your requirements though, it has a removable battery, so if you're a heavy user buy a spare and swap it out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

Stuie2081 wrote: »
    Hey, can't create a new thread due to being a newbie, so I thought it might be good to post this question to people familiar with the LG G3.

I can buy the LG G3 32gb (3gb ram) or the Huawei Ascend Mate 7 16gb (2gb ram), for pretty much the same price on pixmania unlocked.
    The Huawei has a bigger screen but the LG G3 that I can afford has more ram. Before people mention it, I'm used to the emotion ui, and I don't dislike it as much as most people.

I don't game a whole lot, I use a range of networking sites, and consume a lot of media on the go (hence the need for a large screen phone).
    The battery on my current phone (Huawei p6) sucks hence the upgrade.

Which would you choose, and why? Does the 1gb difference in ram matter? Upgrading from a 4.7 inch phone, will the half inch difference between the 5.5 inch lg and the 6 inch huawei matter that much in real life?
    Also, is the LG equipped well enough with a decent battery life? (Currently my huawei p6 has me bringing a charger with me everywhere).

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks to anybody who replies, hoping to order one of the two on monday :)

I'd personally go for the G3. G3 has a better camera, will receive further software updates, etc. It's also very easy to use one handed which probably can't be said for the huawei due to it being a 6" device. Average screen on time on the G3 is pretty good being somewhere in the region of about 4 hours 30 min with the phone practically draining no battery when it's on standby.

The 2GB / 3GB difference won't matter much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Anyone know where I can get the screen repaired on an LG G3 in Ireland?

I dropped it yesterday and its completely smashed so cant even use the phone. I only have it 3 months too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Stuie2081

Hey thanks for the responses bren2002, and N64, gave me food for thought. I'm ordering the g3 now as a result!

Has anyone got the 4G working? I am on meteor and have the D855 version and still have no option for 4G.

max life wrote: »
    Has anyone got the 4G working? I am on meteor and have the D855 version and still have no option for 4G.

No problem here. Meteor too in Dublin. Regularly get 50mbs. You'll need a 4g SIM and contract/deal too. You can't jump from 3g to 4g without upgrading the SIM.

bren2002 wrote: »
    No problem here. Meteor too in Dublin. Regularly get 50mbs. You'll need a 4g SIM and contract/deal too. You can't jump from 3g to 4g without upgrading the SIM.

Thanks, I didn't know about the 4g sim. Should there still not be an option in mobile networks to use 4g (regardless of the sim type - I know it would not actually work without the 4g sim, but surely it would be in the options)?

• Advertisement

To be honest I don't know what it should say. I just looked at mine and it's gsm/wcdma/lte. Lte is what you want for 4g access. Take it to a meteor store and they'll have you up and running in 10 mins.

Advertisement