Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG G3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

is there any online store in europe delivering these to ireland sim free? was looking at a m8 or s5 but this looks to be a better phone what with its insane screen (and the 3gig ram spec one would be delightful :D)

found this, reputable website?

Not to burst your bubble mate but ALL the ones sold in Europe come with only 2GB of RAM :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

well then both the website i linked and the site linked by kave2 are false advertising

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

madmoe wrote: »
    Not to burst your bubble mate but ALL the ones sold in Europe come with only 2GB of RAM :-(

I think amazon.de sell the 32gb/3gb one and pretty sure some of the lads here got it from there and I plan to as well :)

Richie6904 wrote: »
    I think amazon.de sell the 32gb/3gb one and pretty sure some of the lads here got it from there and I plan to as well :)

Good stuff, how much is it coming in at price wise!?

why is this phone so sparsely stocked in comparison to say the m8 or s5? surely theres a market for a powerhouse with tech savvy people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Good stuff, how much is it coming in at price wise!?

570€ish not Inc delivery so ball park 600 all in I think.

It's just not popular here where the m8 and s5 would be. Just the way it is in the Irish market

whats the story with amazon.de and delivery, i saw some people saying they wont deliver in this thread earlier

just emailed mobicity.co.uk about it and the model they have is the 3gig ram model, with postage it comes out at 603 euro, anyone used this site before?

just emailed mobicity.co.uk about it and the model they have is the 3gig ram model, with postage it comes out at 603 euro, anyone used this site before?

I wonder how much the wireless charger for it is!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Just a heads up people LG's warranty is country specific so if you import from Germany the phone will have to go back there to be repaired.

Have mince since Friday and it is indeed a cracking phone the problem with mine is the screen seems to be more "yellow" in the top left corner.

The other annoyance with it is manually having to tell it to connect to lte each time the phone restarts other wise it'll stay on 3G :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,792 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Wouldn't worry too much about the yellow, it's probably just glue and you shouldn't notice it in a few weeks. Also I bought my G2 in Germany and then sent it to the UK to fix the screen. No problems.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Wouldn't worry too much about the yellow, it's probably just glue and you shouldn't notice it in a few weeks. Also I bought my G2 in Germany and then sent it to the UK to fix the screen. No problems.

How did you manage that was on to LG this morn and they point blank refuse to deal with it saying the warranty is only valid in the country of purchase.

F34 wrote: »
    How did you manage that was on to LG this morn and they point blank refuse to deal with it saying the warranty is only valid in the country of purchase.

Probably because it was not covered by warranty.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Anyone have this phone that had the G2?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Anyone have this phone that had the G2?

Yup have a G2 here as well. Was really impressed with the G2 hence getting the G3

You guys who got from Germany, did you get the 3GB version? Did they throw in a free wireless charger as well??

I got the 32Gb 3gig version and there was no wireless charger in the packaging was the same as you would get for a 16gig

I got the 32Gb 3gig version and there was no wireless charger in the packaging was the same as you would get for a 16gig

Good stuff mate! How much was it all in!?

It was 630 all in.

anyone tried this and say an s5 or m8, would ye recommend it over them for any particular reason? does the bigger resolution make the phone more sluggish?

• Advertisement

It was 630 all in.

Good stuff! Does yours have wireless charging!?

Good stuff! Does yours have wireless charging!?

Afaik it does.

Afaik it does.

I see....as I thought the 32GB didn't have it....thought you needed to buy an extra\additional back plate to enable wireless charging.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

Any recent owners of the G3 got any opinions to add?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I see....as I thought the 32GB didn't have it....thought you needed to buy an extra\additional back plate to enable wireless charging.....

Wikipedia page says that the phone comes with QI charging, except in certain asian markets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_G3

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

bren2002 wrote: »
    Any recent owners of the G3 got any opinions to add?

Just got Android 5 OTA yesterday, strange enough it is not widely anounced

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭irishchris

rai555 wrote: »
    Just got Android 5 OTA yesterday, strange enough it is not widely anounced

Just received my lgg3 yesterday and had update straight away to lollipop.very impressed so far.only thing since update the 4g option is not in network settings now.any solution guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

irishchris wrote: »
    Just received my lgg3 yesterday and had update straight away to lollipop.very impressed so far.only thing since update the 4g option is not in network settings now.any solution guys?

go into the phone, type *#*#4636*#*# - phone options and change the radio to include LTE. back button and 4g becomes an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

BrookieD wrote: »
    go into the phone, type *#*#4636*#*# - phone options and change the radio to include LTE. back button and 4g becomes an option.

This doesnt work, at least for me, since Lollipop OTA.
    The following does seem to work though, need to test when I am in a 4G area:

For model d855, dial 3845#*855# then choose :

LTE Only -> Modem Settings -> RAT Selection

Choose : GSM / WCDMA / LTE Auto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭irishchris

slayerking wrote: »
    This doesnt work, at least for me, since Lollipop OTA.
    The following does seem to work though, need to test when I am in a 4G area:

For model d855, dial 3845#*855# then choose :

LTE Only -> Modem Settings -> RAT Selection

Choose : GSM / WCDMA / LTE Auto

This is what i have been using but not very practical and has to be redone everytime the phone is restarted or powered off.
    Shocked there is not more uproar by lg users on this basic essential toggle that is missing

How is your phone for reception and battery? Bit disappointed batterywise compared to my previous phone (oneplus one)

Advertisement