Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG G3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭kave2

Looks like Amazon.de won't deliver to Ireland anymore. I will have to find another way to get the 32gb version. I wonder if they will deliver those pre-ordered ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

http://www.gsmnation.co.uk/phones/unlocked-lg-g3.html They also have a .eu site not sure if it carries the G3 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

kave2 wrote: »
    Looks like Amazon.de won't deliver to Ireland anymore. I will have to find another way to get the 32gb version. I wonder if they will deliver those pre-ordered ones.

Bummer :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dcreavy

Hi lads, looking at getting the G3 from America. My uncle will be over there soon and is staying with a friend so I could get it sent to him and he could bring it back in his case. Any idea if this would work straight out of the box with Vodafone here in Ireland. Any help would be much appreciated as I've to buy it in the next day or two if I've any hope of him getting in time!

(tried to post the link here but it won't let me because I'm a new user. It's the one that pops up when you search on the US eBay site for $599 and says factory unlocked.)

Cheers, David

dcreavy wrote: »
    Hi lads, looking at getting the G3 from America. My uncle will be over there soon and is staying with a friend so I could get it sent to him and he could bring it back in his case. Any idea if this would work straight out of the box with Vodafone here in Ireland. Any help would be much appreciated as I've to buy it in the next day or two if I've any hope of him getting in time!

(tried to post the link here but it won't let me because I'm a new user. It's the one that pops up when you search on the US eBay site for $599 and says factory unlocked.)

Cheers, David

Have you checked the LTE bands on the US variant? That would be the only thing I'd worry about!

I picked mine up in Spain on Tuesday and absolutely love it!!

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,101 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Right Madmoe, any chance of a review?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Right Madmoe, any chance of a review?

I love everything about it! The back mounted buttons do take getting used to but the screen is simply amazing and it feels great in the hand and light as well! I'm a heavy enough user and the battery is lasting me a full day! All I need now is a wireless charger for it!

Shoot me any burning questions you have on here mate!

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

madmoe wrote: »
    Have you checked the LTE bands on the US variant? That would be the only thing I'd worry about!

I picked mine up in Spain on Tuesday and absolutely love it!!

Cheers,
    M

Wireless charging isn't on the American models as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

is there any online store in europe delivering these to ireland sim free? was looking at a m8 or s5 but this looks to be a better phone what with its insane screen (and the 3gig ram spec one would be delightful :D)

found this, reputable website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭kave2

is there any online store in europe delivering these to ireland sim free? was looking at a m8 or s5 but this looks to be a better phone what with its insane screen (and the 3gig ram spec one would be delightful :D)

Handtec does deliver to Ireland. 510£

http://www.handtec.co.uk/lg-g3-32gb-black-20697.html

Played with it in Dixons at Dublin Airport yeaterday. Very impressed, definitely better than S5 and M8 imho. Question now is, wait for Note 4 or get G3?

found this, reputable website?

Not to burst your bubble mate but ALL the ones sold in Europe come with only 2GB of RAM :-(

well then both the website i linked and the site linked by kave2 are false advertising

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Not to burst your bubble mate but ALL the ones sold in Europe come with only 2GB of RAM :-(

I think amazon.de sell the 32gb/3gb one and pretty sure some of the lads here got it from there and I plan to as well :)

Richie6904 wrote: »
    I think amazon.de sell the 32gb/3gb one and pretty sure some of the lads here got it from there and I plan to as well :)

Good stuff, how much is it coming in at price wise!?

why is this phone so sparsely stocked in comparison to say the m8 or s5? surely theres a market for a powerhouse with tech savvy people?

• Advertisement

Good stuff, how much is it coming in at price wise!?

570€ish not Inc delivery so ball park 600 all in I think.

It's just not popular here where the m8 and s5 would be. Just the way it is in the Irish market

whats the story with amazon.de and delivery, i saw some people saying they wont deliver in this thread earlier

just emailed mobicity.co.uk about it and the model they have is the 3gig ram model, with postage it comes out at 603 euro, anyone used this site before?

just emailed mobicity.co.uk about it and the model they have is the 3gig ram model, with postage it comes out at 603 euro, anyone used this site before?

I wonder how much the wireless charger for it is!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Just a heads up people LG's warranty is country specific so if you import from Germany the phone will have to go back there to be repaired.

Have mince since Friday and it is indeed a cracking phone the problem with mine is the screen seems to be more "yellow" in the top left corner.

The other annoyance with it is manually having to tell it to connect to lte each time the phone restarts other wise it'll stay on 3G :(

• Advertisement

Wouldn't worry too much about the yellow, it's probably just glue and you shouldn't notice it in a few weeks. Also I bought my G2 in Germany and then sent it to the UK to fix the screen. No problems.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Wouldn't worry too much about the yellow, it's probably just glue and you shouldn't notice it in a few weeks. Also I bought my G2 in Germany and then sent it to the UK to fix the screen. No problems.

How did you manage that was on to LG this morn and they point blank refuse to deal with it saying the warranty is only valid in the country of purchase.

F34 wrote: »
    How did you manage that was on to LG this morn and they point blank refuse to deal with it saying the warranty is only valid in the country of purchase.

Probably because it was not covered by warranty.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Anyone have this phone that had the G2?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Yup have a G2 here as well. Was really impressed with the G2 hence getting the G3

You guys who got from Germany, did you get the 3GB version? Did they throw in a free wireless charger as well??

I got the 32Gb 3gig version and there was no wireless charger in the packaging was the same as you would get for a 16gig

I got the 32Gb 3gig version and there was no wireless charger in the packaging was the same as you would get for a 16gig

Good stuff mate! How much was it all in!?

It was 630 all in.

anyone tried this and say an s5 or m8, would ye recommend it over them for any particular reason? does the bigger resolution make the phone more sluggish?

• Advertisement

It was 630 all in.

Good stuff! Does yours have wireless charging!?

Good stuff! Does yours have wireless charging!?

Afaik it does.

Afaik it does.

I see....as I thought the 32GB didn't have it....thought you needed to buy an extra\additional back plate to enable wireless charging.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭bren2002

Any recent owners of the G3 got any opinions to add?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I see....as I thought the 32GB didn't have it....thought you needed to buy an extra\additional back plate to enable wireless charging.....

Wikipedia page says that the phone comes with QI charging, except in certain asian markets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_G3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

bren2002 wrote: »
    Any recent owners of the G3 got any opinions to add?

Just got Android 5 OTA yesterday, strange enough it is not widely anounced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭irishchris

rai555 wrote: »
    Just got Android 5 OTA yesterday, strange enough it is not widely anounced

Just received my lgg3 yesterday and had update straight away to lollipop.very impressed so far.only thing since update the 4g option is not in network settings now.any solution guys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

irishchris wrote: »
    Just received my lgg3 yesterday and had update straight away to lollipop.very impressed so far.only thing since update the 4g option is not in network settings now.any solution guys?

go into the phone, type *#*#4636*#*# - phone options and change the radio to include LTE. back button and 4g becomes an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

BrookieD wrote: »
    go into the phone, type *#*#4636*#*# - phone options and change the radio to include LTE. back button and 4g becomes an option.

This doesnt work, at least for me, since Lollipop OTA.
    The following does seem to work though, need to test when I am in a 4G area:

For model d855, dial 3845#*855# then choose :

LTE Only -> Modem Settings -> RAT Selection

Choose : GSM / WCDMA / LTE Auto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭irishchris

slayerking wrote: »
    This doesnt work, at least for me, since Lollipop OTA.
    The following does seem to work though, need to test when I am in a 4G area:

For model d855, dial 3845#*855# then choose :

LTE Only -> Modem Settings -> RAT Selection

Choose : GSM / WCDMA / LTE Auto

This is what i have been using but not very practical and has to be redone everytime the phone is restarted or powered off.
    Shocked there is not more uproar by lg users on this basic essential toggle that is missing

How is your phone for reception and battery? Bit disappointed batterywise compared to my previous phone (oneplus one)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

This is what i have been using but not very practical and has to be redone everytime the phone is restarted or powered off.
    Shocked there is not more uproar by lg users on this basic essential toggle that is missing

I believe the reason it's like this is because some EU countries do not have 4G, so in order to save battery, they disable it. Something like that. Its a pain though.
    How is your phone for reception and battery? Bit disappointed batterywise compared to my previous phone (oneplus one)

Reception wise, it seems fine. Battery wise, its pretty much muck and seems to be getting worse since lollipop.
    I've yet to own an Android phone with a battery that I'm happy with though. (HTC Desire, HTC One X, Nexus 4, LG G3).
    I nearly went with the OPO when it first came out, but caved waiting for invites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

am about to take the plunge and order the 32gb model from Amazon.de. Has anyone had issues with ordering from them? Any issues with this one vs 16gb?

am about to take the plunge and order the 32gb model from Amazon.de. Has anyone had issues with ordering from them? Any issues with this one vs 16gb?

Ordered a Moto X from them with no issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

Who delivers .de shipments, the only option seems to be standard delivery taking 5-7 days? No express option for some reason

BArra wrote: »
    Who delivers .de shipments, the only option seems to be standard delivery taking 5-7 days? No express option for some reason

DHL I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Tyson Fury wrote: »

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Anyone order one from Amazon? I was looking to buy one but looking for a good price!

So got an update last night on my sim free g3 . changed the icons on the bottom as in home back and so on to look more lolollipopy ha ha. But finally i have the an option to choose 4g in the network options woo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Where abouts is the option to change to 4G in the network options?

Under tethering and networks then mobile networks the if gives the option for. GSM/WCDMA/LTE

• Advertisement
Advertisement