Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best date ever!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Osteosam

Good one for me was last Valentines day. I travelled up to meet my gf (now ex) after college and dropped my friend off at his hotel, where he was taking his girlfriend to stay.

As far as my ex was concerned we had no plans so I took her out to eat.
    Afterwards we were walking down the main street and I pretended to get a call from my friend. I played out a fake conversation which made it sound like I had something he needed and he needed me to bring it to him in the hotel. Off we went and I go up to the hotel room and knock, as she had her back turned I sneakily use my door key and let us in and tell her to come in.
    I had a bottle of champagne on the table, chocolates and card. Underneath her pillow I had left her a pair of her PJs I brought up from my place.
    She was delighted. Certainly beats having to go back to her tiny, cold house and having to share a single bed.

Ahhh, so you're not just a pretty face!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Osteosam

One of my nicest dates was a valentines date... I was taken out for a fairly simple pizza/pasta dinner at a nice place on the coast... and hinted I should save some space for desert.
    Then i was loaded back in the car to drive a bit further toward the beach, we pulled up and out came the picnic rug, the hand-prepared fruit, cheese, bikkies and moet champagne. Sat on the beach watching the stars and listening to the waves. Nice.

Walked a nice line between thoughtful and corny... i'm one of those who can find overt romance a bit cheesy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Terror* is part of your concept of a perfect date?

* refering to getting lost in the tiny tunnels here.
    Forcing a girl to crawl through furry tunnels is the perfect date.

If she isn't into the furry tunnels... then I know she isn't the girl for me....

wait... there's possibly something amiss in my reasoning there... I can't for the life of me think what...

Advertisement