Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro soft drinks

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Gotham

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Would it be Shannon Minerals? Not the catchiest name, but they did some unusual flavours like Cream Soda and Raspberryade. Used to see them in small local grocery shops in the mid-west. No image that I can find unfortunately. The bottles were fat too if I remember correctly.

No but you helped me greatly, I'm pretty sure it was Smak. I Googled Raspberryade and I think this is it!
    KCBxJGX.jpg
    Now does anyone know where I can get me some Smak?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 T L S

Does anyone remember Club 90 from the mid 80s?

It was delish, but mustn't have done so well as it wasn't on sale for very long. Might have had a mild mint flavour, but I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 deadmandown9

my grandad owned dwans drinks. originally set up by my great grandad wiiliam j dwan in 1922. my grandad kevin took over in his 20s till they closed down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

I remember a "drink" called Joe Kool.

It was a psychadelic sachet with a multicoloured hippy on the packet.

It was available in different flavours which were turned into a drink by adding sinister-looking granules of some sort of chemical to water.

it could also be used to make a milkshake but it never actually disolved properly in the liquid and usually left you with an inch of toxic sludge in the glass.

Do this day i can still taste it.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

my grandad owned dwans drinks. originally set up by my great grandad wiiliam j dwan in 1922. my grandad kevin took over in his 20s till they closed down.

I used to love their advert slogan: a dwink is not a dwink without a Dwans.
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Would it be Shannon Minerals? Not the catchiest name, but they did some unusual flavours like Cream Soda and Raspberryade. Used to see them in small local grocery shops in the mid-west. No image that I can find unfortunately. The bottles were fat too if I remember correctly.

Shannon Minerals were based in Limerick. in the 80s they used to have 1.5 litre glass bottles which were recycled lucozade bottles. they then changed to 2 litre plastic ones. they had small bottles which used to be 30p. flavours included red and white lemonade, rasberyade, limeade, cream soda and cola.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Shannon Minerals were based in Limerick. in the 80s they used to have 1.5 litre glass bottles which were recycled lucozade bottles. they then changed to 2 litre plastic ones. they had small bottles which used to be 30p. flavours included red and white lemonade, rasberyade, limeade, cream soda and cola.

I don't remember the larger bottles, but I used to love the 30p bottles of stuff like raspberryade and cream soda. They were something different!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I don't remember the larger bottles, but I used to love the 30p bottles of stuff like raspberryade and cream soda. They were something different!

My favourite was Shannon lime juice & soda with it's luminous green colour. It was lovely on a hot day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

chopper6 wrote: »

I collected a ridiculous amount of labels to get a Cadet frisbee. Then I lost it within 2 days. Sad times :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement