Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€30 grocery shop on diet

Options
  • 04-06-2014 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hey

I usually shop in lidl/aldi. Only have 30 € at max to spend on food for 7 days. Need to lose weight so want to eat right to. Had been eating cheap and convenient like ryvita, noodles, mugshots,
    crispy chicken, cornflakes etc but im hopin that 30 € will get me somethin healthier. Does anyone at all spend as little as that to eat right. Anyone? can u give me a list of what ur shoppin list wud b like please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Was watching the consumer show tonight it gave the cost of say a family with two kids pensioners and a single adult weekly food bill and for a single adult i think it was just under 60 euro a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Hey

I usually shop in lidl/aldi. Only have 30 € at max to spend on food for 7 days. Need to lose weight so want to eat right to. Had been eating cheap and convenient like ryvita, noodles, mugshots,
    crispy chicken, cornflakes etc but im hopin that 30 € will get me somethin healthier. Does anyone at all spend as little as that to eat right. Anyone? can u give me a list of what ur shoppin list wud b like please

Protein

Boneless chicken thighs
    Eggs
    Beef mince

Carbs

Oats
    Rice/potatoes (which ever is cheaper)
    Frozen veg

Fats

Olive oil.
    I choose protein sources with fat above so you get protein and fat from them

Won't be much variety but I think if you smart and there is offers on you can stay in €30

• Registered Users Posts: 24,558 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Protein

Boneless chicken thighs
    Eggs
    Beef mince

Carbs

Oats
    Rice/potatoes (which ever is cheaper)
    Frozen veg

Fats

Olive oil.
    I choose protein sources with fat above so you get protein and fat from them

Won't be much variety but I think if you smart and there is offers on you can stay in €30

Some of those, like the oil and oats will do you a fair bit longer than a week as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Find a butcher that does 10 chicken fillets for 10 euro if you don't fancy the chicken thighs. As above eggs are like 3 quid for 18, oats are very cheap, frozen veg is 2kg for 2.50. Tins of tuna are also 99c a pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Buy whatever is on the super 6 and make soups.

• Advertisement
Advertisement