Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken and where to find grass fed Irish sourced chicken online or in Galway

Options
  • 30-05-2014 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭

Chicken is a staple of my diet. I have always bought the Healthy Living Range chicken from Tesco and it's been grand but lately it's just rubbery and natureless, today it was so rubbery it was bordering on gross and I just couldn't face eating it.
    I've checked around with butchers and mostly I've found the chicken they're selling is sourced in Europe and they're a little iffy about whether it's free range or what it is. I'm sure that's probably grand but seeing as I make an effort with my diet in general I'd like to try and get the best chicken I can seeing as I eat it 5 times a week. So does anyone know where in Galway , or even where online I could find Irish chicken breasts that might be free range or grass fed?
    I found a place in Galway that sells pasture reared whole chickens and delivers nationwide but I'm more looking for something easier to cook like chicken breasts/pieces.
    Anyone know of anywhere I might look?

In case anyones interested the place in Galway I mentioned is : http://thefriendlyfarmer.blogspot.ie/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Have looked for this myself and can only find whole chicken suppliers. One place in dublin alright did fillets but only delivered locally.

Let me know if you find one

Having said that, that friendly farmer site you gave sells whole ones for 12 euro. You will get a lot of chicken from that . The ones in tesco that are supposedly "free range" are 5.50 for two fillets i believe and i wouldnt believe tesco at all when they say free range

Advertisement