Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macaccino Energy Coffee Substitute

Options
  • 16-05-2014 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

anyone ever try this?
    http://thehappypear.ie/shop/superfoods/589-iswari-macaccino-energy-drink-125g.html
    Macaccino is a delicious blend of Raw Cacao Powder, Raw Maca powder and Xylitol.

It is a wonderful substitute for coffee, since it gives a boost of energy that uplifts and stimulates, but without the acidity and negative effects on health that coffee can bring. Instead, you will feel and taste the richness of raw cacao, the vitality of maca and sweetness of xylitol.

This blend:

• Contains a mix of nutrients and antioxidants

• Provides energy and good mood

•Excellent substitute for morning coffee

Raw cacao contains over 300 identifiable (and some as yet unidentified) compounds and is the most complex food substance on earth; this is why the Mayan’s called it the ‘food of the Gods’. Recently it has been called the 'food of the Goddess', because it is our true gift from mother nature. Cacao contains an abundance of natural anti-stress, bliss-inducing compounds like serotonin, anandamin, tryptophan and many others. It is extremely rich in magnesium strengthening the heart muscle and decreases blood coagulation which lowers blood pressure and helps the heart pump more effectively. It balances brain chemistry and increases neuro-efficiency as well. Cacao is also packed with antioxidants that enable destructive free radicals to be stabilised, which would otherwise be left to damage cells and tissue, which show as signs of aging.

Maca is nicknamed 'Peruvian ginseng'. This root vegetable from the Andes has a positive impact on the reproductive systems of both men and women. Increasing natural fertility, minimising menopausal symptoms, and age related male impotence, without upsetting hormonal levels in the body. Maca also increases oxygen in blood which leads to higher vitality and stamina. Besides that, it improves the function of neurotransmitters which leads to better memory. Maca is an adaptogen which means that it adapts its function within our bodies to suit our individual needs, and help us to cope with the stresses of a fast-paced lifestyle.

Xylitol is a natural sweetener found in fruits and vegetables. Amazingly, the human body manufacture 10-15 g of xylitol daily. Xylitol has about 40 % less calories than normal sugar but its sweetness is the same. Thanks to its very low glycemic index (13), it is suitable for diabetics. Xylitol is well known as a fighter against tooth decay because it destroys oral microflora-producing acids which cause cavities and damage on the tooth enamel.

How to use

Add 2-3 teaspoons to a cup of hot soya milk or normal milk as you would when preparing common cocoa and blend with an electrical blender or a whisk to make a foam on the top. Macaccino is very mildly sweetened, but can be further sweetened to taste with more xyllitol or agave.

Macaccino is also delicious when added to smoothies, porridge, icecreams and raw chocolate treats!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Not me anyway.
    Maca also increases oxygen in blood which leads to higher vitality and stamina.
    I'm no expert, but that sentence alone reads like crappy pseudo science based marketing nonsense. Also doesn't explain what negative effects from coffee it is referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭siochain

Maca and Raw cacao are well worth researching.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Lucyn

I drink it. It's nice. I don't notice any additional energy burst and it tastes nothing like coffee, closer to hot chocolate but it's a nice alternative drink for the 3pm slump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

is it nice :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 MaggieZ

I have not tried it, but it looks like something I would enjoy from time to time, I would not use it as a substitute for coffee though. Raw cocoa, for all it's wonderful properties, apparently is high in phytic acid, so those substituting their 5 cups of coffee a day are risking lower absorption of vital vitamins and minerals.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MaggieZ

Also, there seems to be some controversy regarding xylitol. Unfortunately, I cannot post a link, but there is a great article on xylitol on thehealthyhomeeconomist.com blog.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Lucyn

I don't know what happened there. I obviously only posted one post. I sent it from my phone and usually use my laptop so maybe that was the problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

sometimes bad things just happen to good people

Advertisement