Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hardrive compatabible with samsung galaxy tab 3?

Options
  • 03-01-2014 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if a hardrive is compatabible with my samsung tab? The tab will only take a micro usb plugin and I am unsure if it is even possible to get a correct extension to go from the hardrive to the tab, anyway, if one is available to purchase, will a hardrive be recognised by the tab? Will it be possible to play movies from the hardrive on the tab?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

If its not the 7 inch version you should be fine:

http://compare-e-readers.com/galaxy-tab-3-supports-usb-otg

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

Cheers mate, ordered one there.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Replied to a similar thread here , Seagate do a wireless HDD so will connect with you Tablet, iPhone, ipad etc

>Sol

Want to resurrect this thread as I have ordered the above mentioned device from amazon, but it doesent seem to be compatabible with my 10" galaxy tab 3. Now it recognises that there is a device connected allrite as it says "usb high powered device connected" but it also says "usb storage is blank or has unsupported file ststem"

Is there any software that will makd the tab read the media on the hardrive?

Many thanks

The tab will see fat 32 and exfat natively not ntfs. Your drive needs to be formatted in those styles. The limitations are no file can be dragged bigger than 4GB but you can use Vlc to re save them of they are larger files

>Sol

• Advertisement

akaSol wrote: »
    The tab will see fat 32 and exfat natively not ntfs. Your drive needs to be formatted in those styles. The limitations are no file can be dragged bigger than 4GB but you can use Vlc to re save them of they are larger files

>Sol

You are going to have to put that in a bit more lay mans language for me sol if you dont mind.

subscriber wrote: »
    You are going to have to put that in a bit more lay mans language for me sol if you dont mind.

Windows uses Ntfs, 1tb drives and some 500gb uses it as a file structure. What you need to do ( using Windows) is open my computer, and format ( right click the drive, format) it for fat 32 or exfat (it will give you the option of which one on a pull down menu ). Points of note : anything on the drive will be erased. So if it's your only copy pop it on to your PC. Second windows sometimes has issues formating large drives in fat 32 or exfat :HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool or EASEUS Partition Master will help. As a how to guide look for "formating a drive for PS3 usage"
    PM if you get stuck

>Sol

Advertisement