Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S.A.A - Snow Addicts Anonymous cold turkey thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Still, I believe that we will get a little fix, a little shot, a little reminder :)

That is the single most sensible statement made in this forum in the last 24 hours. :)

We will get the belt like we do 8-9 years out of 10 and as usual it will last less than 24 hours and will arrive perhaps as late as early March.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

sparrowcar wrote: »
    I'm just home from the pheonix park where I paid some woman €20 to throw white confetti at me... I feel so dirty :o

You should have upped your budget and went with cocaine, more similar to snow, plus when you're finished, snow is the last thing on your mind.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Hi my name is Tom and I stare at lamposts too much when it's dark!

I'm with you Tom, and i think there are many many more of us.. some maybe.. still in denial;)

Not sure about the title of the thread...
    People must remember different strokes for different folks

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭damino

Hi my name is Damien AKA Damino. Forgive me father it is just over a year since my last love a winter wonderland. Suffering bigtime withdrawl symptoms from snow, cold and ice. I would like to able to walk on the Grand or royal canals as my dad was able when he was a child during the winter freeze of 1962/1963.

I hate this current setup of cold/mild/cold/mild. Its make one sick with colds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

The curse of Sponge Bob has descended on Russia.

Who has stolen winter from Saint Petersburg?

Unbelievable!! I presume this flooding is tidal and not caused by rain as low after low track very far north thanks to our limpet high to the south?
    More to come!!
    edit, I know the Baltic is almost tideless (like the Med) The continuous gales are obviously driving the sea up against the coast.

Rukm1201.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

damino wrote: »
    Hi my name is Damien AKA Damino. Forgive me father it is just over a year since my last love a winter wonderland. Suffering bigtime withdrawl symptoms from snow, cold and ice. I would like to able to walk on the Grand or royal canals as my dad was able when he was a child during the winter freeze of 1962/1963.

I hate this current setup of cold/mild/cold/mild. Its make one sick with colds.

:mad: i know. mother nature make up your mind already

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

If you try real hard, you can pretend this is the real thing :D

doccy wrote: »
    If you try real hard, you can pretend this is the real thing :D

well that.... nope not helping :(

This was taken this morning in my garden, I cant believe no one else is reporting snow?

This was taken this morning in my garden, I cant believe no one else is reporting snow?

oh wouldn't mind that to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

edit, I know the Baltic is almost tideless (like the Med) The continuous gales are obviously driving the sea up against the coast.
    Could be the same in Dublin by next wednesday Elmer. Oh! and Snow of course :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

I am giving up snow for 2012. It's bad for my health to be staring at radars all the time. Shortens your life by 20 years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Rte2....show on dublin zoo...lots of snow for ye.

John.Icy wrote: »
    Rte2....show on dublin zoo...lots of snow for ye.

saw that. rather jealous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭blackius

At the risk of making ye more jealous :D

As promised here is our car journey to our abode in whistler canada yesterday.
    Apologies for the music,it is the car radio lol (oh and the seatbelt ..) but Enjoy!

Serious amounts of snow up here now :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Nice:pac:

Cheers!
    By the way I'd like to thank Mt for all the advice via pm in the planning of this and for his latest weather updates for the whistler area :)
    A seriously good asset to this board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

blackius wrote: »
    At the risk of making ye more jealous :D

As promised here is our car journey to our abode in whistler canada yesterday.
    Apologies for the music,it is the car radio lol (oh and the seatbelt ..) but Enjoy!

Serious amounts of snow up here now :)

Don't apologise, that's a great tune :D

And yes, I am very jealous :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Happy New Year everyone on the weather boards

Lets hope 2012 will be whiter than 2011.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Lucreto wrote: »
    Happy New Year everyone on the weather boards

Lets hope 2012 will be whiter than 2011.

It will be ;) Happy New Year everyone!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

A very happy new year to every one,may it be a safe & happy one to all

Happy new year everyone also.

Here we are on highway 99 friday afternoon about 10 miles outside whistler heading downhill :D

Enjoy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Happy new year everyone also. Enjoy :)

If that were Ireland we'd have a 100,000 car pile up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Happy new year everyone also.

Here we are on highway 99 friday afternoon about 10 miles outside whistler heading downhill :D

Enjoy :)

You just wait till i get to Sweden!!! :P :P :P ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭vtec_vixen

Hello,
    Im Lisa and Im a Snow-Aholic.
    Its been about 360 odd days since my last snow..
    :pac::pac::pac::pac:

We need some of the magic stuff soon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭chrisjdoran

Hi all,
    I'm Chris, and I'm definitely addicted to the white stuff,
    can I just get something out straight off? I have a "Snow Light" . Yes a purposely placed floodlight right above the sitting room window, only goes on when there is a tiny weeny chance of snow, right in my field of view when surfing or watching tv, it's been there three years now.

It snowed a couple of times in the last 48 hours here in North Leitrim, just a tease really cause it's gone already, but checking sat24 shows more comming down soon :D

Took a couple of pics before it painfully passed on..

?action=view&current=DSCF5436.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Apologies for the patchy beard... alcohol, a broken razor and scissors don't mix :P

I heard Joe Duffy saying something about winter 1947, I think it will be discussed on Liveline today by those who can remember it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

gbee wrote: »
    If that were Ireland we'd have a 100,000 car pile up. :)

Was just thinking that! I suppose it'd be all winter tyres used there, plus they'd have a lot of experience from regular driving in those conditions...

Advertisement