Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handcent SMS App

Options
  • 06-09-2010 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

If you havnt got it already get it, a great little app, which allows you to change text font, add backgroud pictures and add the iphone look conversation as opposed to the boring generic looking android one.

But I have a minor problem, since its basically two message applications running I get two notifications, but it goes straight to Handcent SMS app as expected, but the android message app doesnt go away unless I clear it manually, which is a small price to pay but is there away of getting rid of this altogether?

Dar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Turn off the notifications in the stock SMS app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭.DarDarBinks

JustinOval wrote: »
    Turn off the notifications in the stock SMS app.
    Doh! Right now to wait for someone to text :cool:

You know you can text yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

You know you can text yourself?
    And you know this how? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Cool I tried handcent before and liked it :) that was until I tried chompsms. It's more stable I found with the desire and overall a more polished app. Give it a try :)http://www.chompsms.com/main/install_chomp

• Advertisement

basquille wrote: »
    And you know this how? ;)

I do it when I can't find my phone. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I do it when I can't find my phone. ;)

http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.alienmanfc6.wheresmyandroid

I've been using handcent for ages, i must try chomp out. If its better than handcent i'll be very impressed

Chet T16 wrote: »

Thanks, but I was taking the piss. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭.DarDarBinks

Just trying out ChompSMS, thanks for the recommendation Pyro boy.

First opinions I thought it didnt look as good but has similar editing options so I will try them and give it a chance as it seems to be faster then HandcentSMS

Is there any way of replacing the stock messaging app from the 4 icons on the home page (Samsung Spica 2.1)

They seem to be locked in place,

Dar.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Just trying out ChompSMS, thanks for the recommendation Pyro boy.

First opinions I thought it didnt look as good but has similar editing options so I will try them and give it a chance as it seems to be faster then HandcentSMS

Is there any way of replacing the stock messaging app from the 4 icons on the home page (Samsung Spica 2.1)

They seem to be locked in place,

Dar.
    There's instructions here, but you're far better off installing a home replacement app, the Samsung one is crap. Personally I use PandaHome (free), but there's lots of other ones out there

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

is there anyway of saving single messages from handcent? as opposed to having it part of a long convo?

Nekro Man wrote: »
    is there anyway of saving single messages from handcent? as opposed to having it part of a long convo?

Hold your finger over the message and select 'lock message', you can then delete threads but the locked mesages will remain.

Advertisement