Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

31-03-2014, 13:55   #751
The_Kew_Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camac Hibs View Post
Hopefully with hearts out the picture for a few seasons we can start holding our own club to account.
Once we dont follow them down
Advertisement
31-03-2014, 22:07   #752
Ulysses1874

Quote:
Hopefully with hearts out the picture for a few seasons we can start holding our own club to account.
Nah, can't see it myself. In fairness, I think you're wearing your optimistic specs on both counts.
31-03-2014, 22:10   #753
Ulysses1874

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kew_Tour View Post
Once we dont follow them down
That won't happen this season, much as people like me get our jollies out of winding you lot up that it will. If Butcher spends what he should have available to him and uses that reasonably well you won't be in any danger next season either.
31-03-2014, 22:31   #754
Camac Hibs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses1874 View Post
Nah, can't see it myself. In fairness, I think you're wearing your optimistic specs on both counts.
I think it's safe to say you won't be coming straight back up. Then we can fully concentrate on how pish we are. Unless of course we conspire to join you, humped by a Paul Hartley - inspired Dundee in the play offs.
01-04-2014, 00:34   #755
Ulysses1874

Quote:
I think it's safe to say you won't be coming straight back up. Then we can fully concentrate on how pish we are. Unless of course we conspire to join you, humped by a Paul Hartley - inspired Dundee in the play offs.
Why would you say that, aside from wishful thinking? I think it would be safe to say in the event we were to stay in administration, but that's unlikely to be the case. Otherwise we'll comfortably have the second biggest wage budget in the division (and bigger than most SPFL clubs). I'm well aware that Gary Locke is perfectly capable of misdirecting a budget, but chances are that the new owners will see him replaced anyway.

You won't be in the play-offs, by the way. No respect intended (), it's just that there's no way all of St. Mirren, Ross County, Partick and Kilmarnock will leapfrog you.
Advertisement
01-04-2014, 06:50   #756
Camac Hibs

Quote:
Why would you say that, aside from wishful thinking? I think it would be safe to say in the event we were to stay in administration, but that's unlikely to be the case. Otherwise we'll comfortably have the second biggest wage budget in the division (and bigger than most SPFL clubs). I'm well aware that Gary Locke is perfectly capable of misdirecting a budget, but chances are that the new owners will see him replaced anyway.

You won't be in the play-offs, by the way. No respect intended (), it's just that there's no way all of St. Mirren, Ross County, Partick and Kilmarnock will leapfrog you.
Can't see it I'm afraid. That league will be more competitive than you realize. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer hearts to bounce back up at the expense of Sevco, but I would be very surprised if they managed it first time round. You will also have to do without all the points we hand to you without fuss each season.

Can't see where the next Hibs goal is coming from, however think St Mirren are probably just about ****e enough that they won''t catch us but I doubt we will pick up any more points this year.
01-04-2014, 18:12   #757
shezer

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201569099179526
Thanks from:
01-04-2014, 18:44   #758
Ulysses1874

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer hearts to bounce back up at the expense of Sevco....
I don't think there's any question of anyone being promoted at the expense of Rangers. I was more hoping we'd be promoted at the expense of Ross County or Partick or someone like that.

Hibs won't be in the play-offs this season, and that's my final word on that matter. My money is on St. Mirren (or would be, if the administrator let me go to the bookies).
01-04-2014, 21:40   #759
Camac Hibs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shezer View Post
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish...1&newsID=13206

I'm assuming this is an April Fools but...you never know with the SFA!

Compliance Officer issues notice of complaint to Griffiths for "singing in public about Heart of Midlothian being in administration"
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-04-2014, 22:16   #760

This season has been pure ****e from start to finish, Maybe watching Hibs too long but I am not filled with confidence for the rest of the season we have that bad mix of can't score and can't keep a clean sheet
02-04-2014, 22:20   #761
The_Kew_Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967 View Post
This season has been pure ****e from start to finish, Maybe watching Hibs too long but I am not filled with confidence for the rest of the season we have that bad mix of can't score and can't keep a clean sheet
At least under Fenlon we were keeping few clean sheets and we just lacked creativity. Now we look disjointed.
19-04-2014, 16:58   #762
shezer

A bloody shambles again today. Relegation play off is on the cards. Shocking stuff
19-04-2014, 22:05   #763
The_Kew_Tour

1st divison attendences could be higher then Premier League.
20-04-2014, 12:23   #764
Ulysses1874

Quote:
Hibs won't be in the play-offs this season, and that's my final word on that matter. My money is on St. Mirren (or would be, if the administrator let me go to the bookies).
Ross County. I meant to say Ross County.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion