Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hibernian FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

3-0 full time get in!!!

Going to be a nervy one I say

Full House.

Great to see.

Mon now 3 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

10 mins down and we are all over them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Some save by Williams!

Bossing them, but still dont look threatening enough in front of goal.

If Hearts were to score I be worried.

Happy so far bar that. Commentator was right. Just lack that bit more quality. Effort wise its been decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Talk about a deserved goal.

All over Hearts there.

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keeper was all over him as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Great atmosphere there

• Advertisement

What a joke of a goal to concede...

FFS

2-1. Stupid Peno, but we will take it

2-1. Stupid Peno, but we will take it

All over them.We deserved a peno for sheer effort alone.Silly peno alright

Yes!!!!!

Best atmosphere in years.

wow.

Fully deserved

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Deserved win. Fantastic atmosphere, great to see a full house.

Be great to at least be getting around 15,000 average on gates coming again. They were just under that when Mowbery and Collins were in charge.

Hopefully its not another 20 years before we get near full house.

Hopefully its not another 20 years before we get near full house.

I reckon your next full house will be in August 2015, when we've just been promoted back to the SPFL and it'll be time to do to you what we usually do best. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

I reckon your next full house will be in August 2015, when we've just been promoted back to the SPFL and it'll be time to do to you what we usually do best. ;)

Thank god for those play-offs eh? ;)

• Advertisement

Eirebear wrote: »
    Thank god for those play-offs eh? ;)

Too feckin' right. :eek: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Just saw the video of a hearts fans running on to the pitch after the equaliser and taunting the hibs fans. Que hibs fan hopping the barrier to try give him a few digs.

Thought it was absolutely brilliant

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Just saw the video of a hearts fans running on to the pitch after the equaliser and taunting the hibs fans. Que hibs fan hopping the barrier to try give him a few digs.

Thought it was absolutely brilliant

:D

feeling confident we can a result tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭eire4

Almost half time and still 0-0. With how well your lads have been playing defensively I can easily see this one ending in a draw.

• Advertisement

Heffernan isn't firing(so far)

:( balls

Hibs played well. Deserved a point. Would have been bearable had we hung on against Dundee United..onwards and upwards

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25754630

Pat Fenlon was my worst-ever boss - Garry O'Connor
    "I'll tell you, Pat Fenlon. His tactics - I felt that he killed us in that Scottish Cup final."

"Leading up to the final, Fenlon had about three different teams and we had a lot of issues in the hotel before the game with bonuses and players not being in the squad," he told BBC Scotland.

"It's not what you need before a Scottish Cup final basically and I don't think he handled it very well and that's why I didn't sign the second time around."

"The year he came in, we got safe and the year after we got a better finish, but in my eyes it was the wrong decision to bring Pat in," said the striker.

"I didn't enjoy my time with him and they've got the right man now in Terry Butcher.

"The season I was there, the players definitely lost faith in him and a few of the boys will tell you that."

Bit of insight into how Fenlon was handling things behind the scenes. Doesnt bode well for the professionalism of Hibs players if they were were more focused on what their bonus was and who was in the squad etc. Surely you leave talk about bonuses to agents to deal with or union reps and focus on the match at hand. O'Connors professionalism was never his strong point! As for Fenlon tactically, I think I'll leave that one for the Hibs fans here to comment because they watched more games than I did and there is probably still very strong feeling over some of the results.

I have to agree with you there Dempsey.

If the players were more worried about the extra few bob then winning a Cup Final medal than something was wrong.

Felt sorry for Fenlon but time was right for him to go too.

• Advertisement

A shambles of a first half

A nervy last 30minutes, but first win in a while is welcome.

Just saw that Hibs can send Hearts down by winning at Tynecastle next week :)

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Just saw that Hibs can send Hearts down by winning at Tynecastle next week :)

If there is any justice in this world:pac:

Terry Butcher will know which players will be leaving Easter Road in the summer after this match. He'll give the hook to anyone that under performs in that one.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Terry Butcher will know which players will be leaving Easter Road in the summer after this match. He'll give the hook to anyone that under performs in that one.

Could be all of them so:pac:.

You can never be sure with Hibs. Could do anything. We could win 3-0 next week but could as easily get beat by the same

Yep. Hearts were always going to be relegated this season, but if it happens on Sunday instead of next Wednesday against Aberdeen then it'll be as if Hibs were never horsed 5-1 in the 2012 cup final.

I'll be so sad.

:D

:D:D

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

5-1 eh...you must be worried!:D

You needn't be concerned. As you may have noticed Hibs are utterly pish and have long thrown in the towel for this season, manager included. Easy home win today, Hearts want it a lot more.

5-1 does seem like a distant memory, unfortunately only because we have had so many traumatic results to endure since. There's the potential for another one today if we lose an early goal.

Why was that flagged off ?

Shocking decision.

High profile games seem to make Hibs wilt almost every time. I think changes behind the scenes will be just as important as changes to the playing squad in the summer.

• Advertisement

I have to say today's result was no surprise to anyone who has actually watched Hibs in a while. There is a rot in the club.

Looking forward to playing Rangers and Hearts in Division 1 next season.:o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Looking forward to playing Rangers and Hearts in Division 1 next season.:o

Do you really think that's a possibility???? You're 6 points clear of St. Mirren. Being relegated is unthinkable for Hibs.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Do you really think that's a possibility???? You're 6 points clear of St. Mirren. Being relegated is unthinkable for Hibs.

Won win in 12 matches. On my life I dont think we will, but at same time its very much on.

Its scary, but embarrassing at same time.

Ridiculous decision on par with the Griffiths disallowed free kick at Easter Road, expect those decisions in derbies but we didn't deserve anything from that at all. Butcher, for all his excruciating corporate motivational chat, seems to have now committed himself to gutting the squad and redesigning it around his own particular brand of hammer throwing, but he won't have the funds to make wide ranging changes. I predict another October-November departure, and another year of "transition".

Camac Hibs wrote: »
    5-1 eh...you must be worried!biggrin.png

Not now, I'm not. tongue.png

But wait - I'd hate us to be relegated at the hands of Kajagoogoo United Aberdeen. Drat. frown.png
    As you may have noticed Hibs are utterly pish....

Yep. If I were a Hibs supporter, I would be troubled, to say the least. Only St. Mirren have worse form than Hibs since Christmas - and we've scored more points than you with a team you wouldn't see on sale in Penneys. eek.png

5-1 does seem like a distant memory....

It's more distant for you than me. If you recall, I was one of those who didn't leave quite so early. Just saying. wink.png

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

Dempsey wrote: »
    Bit of insight into how Fenlon was handling things behind the scenes. Doesnt bode well for the professionalism of Hibs players if they were were more focused on what their bonus was and who was in the squad etc. Surely you leave talk about bonuses to agents to deal with or union reps and focus on the match at hand. O'Connors professionalism was never his strong point! As for Fenlon tactically, I think I'll leave that one for the Hibs fans here to comment because they watched more games than I did and there is probably still very strong feeling over some of the results.
    Fenlon would have had plenty of experience dealing with players interested in their bonuses at his previous club, albeit the Hibs players were far more well-paid. Even as a Rovers fan, I'd say Fenlon is right not to put up with any bull**** from players. As far as Garry O'Connor goes, which SPL team is he playing for now? Because he's obviously good enough...

Fenlon got us to 2 cup finals and saved us from relegation in 2012.

The 5-1 was embarrassing, but that 3rd goal when it should not have been a peno and sending off changed that game.

More likely still lost but not by 4 goals.

Not now, I'm not. tongue.png

But wait - I'd hate us to be relegated at the hands of Kajagoogoo United Aberdeen. Drat. frown.png

Yep. If I were a Hibs supporter, I would be troubled, to say the least. Only St. Mirren have worse form than Hibs since Christmas - and we've scored more points than you with a team you wouldn't see on sale in Penneys.

It's more distant for you than me. If you recall, I was one of those who didn't leave quite so early. Just saying.

I was there to the brutal end unfortunately. Its only so distant because since then we have continued to surpass even our wildest expectations of failure.

Hearts demise this year has just distracted some Hibs fans from the serious problems at our club. Hopefully with hearts out the picture for a few seasons we can start holding our own club to account.

• Advertisement

Hopefully with hearts out the picture for a few seasons we can start holding our own club to account.

Once we dont follow them down

Advertisement