Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Would The Ideal Weight For Me Be

Options
  • 15-11-2012 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,842 ✭✭✭✭

I'm a 23 year old male, 5'9", slim build and I'm currently 138-140 pounds.

I know there's probably other information you would need but generally speaking, what weight would be ideal for me?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Suas11 wrote: »

I know there's probably other information you would need but generally speaking, what weight would be ideal for me?
    Get plenty of exercise. Eat healthily and get plenty of undisturbed sleep. Continue this for a couple of months. Weigh yourself. What the scales shows will be your ideal weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

Suas11 wrote: »

Over 205lb and under 265lb.

That way you would be in my division and we could fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Well, you're light enough but well within healthy BMI range, so I wouldn't worry about that. So the question is, what do you want to look like? And from where I'm standing, it seems to make more sense that you, rather than a bunch of strangers on the internet, would make that decision...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

There's nothing wrong with the weight you are now so your ideal weight depends on what you want to look like and what you want to do with your body.

If you're interested in endurance sports like road biking or running (middle and long distance anyway) you'll probably not want to put more weight on and the training you'd be doing for these probably wouldn't encourage much weight gain anyway.

On the other hand, if you want to take up rugby or weight lifting or some other sport where absolute strength is important you'd probably want to build some muscle and the training you'd be doing would naturally lend itself to building muscle and gaining some weight (provided you're doing it right and eating appropriately).

Advertisement