Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Program Ideas Please

Options
  • 19-07-2013 7:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Looking for some program ideas. Due to work and family reasons I am only able to go to the gym TWICE a week. Am a regular gym user for a few years now. Enthuastic, committed and work hard when there.

Details:
    33 year old male
    5 foot 8
    10 stone or a little over
    Naturally slight and slim. Have built up from just under 9 stone to current weight
    Ten percent body fat as per Tanita scales (I know, I know!)

Goals
    Get to ten and a half stone
    Sub ten percent body fat
    Get rid of the bitch tits!

I can post my food diary if needed.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Hey all,
    Looking for some program ideas. Due to work and family reasons I am only able to go to the gym TWICE a week. Am a regular gym user for a few years now. Enthuastic, committed and work hard when there.

Details:
    33 year old male
    5 foot 8
    10 stone or a little over
    Naturally slight and slim. Have built up from just under 9 stone to current weight
    Ten percent body fat as per Tanita scales (I know, I know!)

Goals
    Get to ten and a half stone
    Sub ten percent body fat
    Get rid of the bitch tits!

I can post my food diary if needed.

Thanks!

Yep, or the only advice you'll get is eat more!!!
    Focus on 1 goal at a time!
    If you have bitch tits you're not 10%....but you know that already!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Yup. Will post diary shortly. Food aside I'm still interested to see ideas for programs.

As promised. Here's my food diary. I know its not perfect but its consistent!

My Mon-Fri is very consistent and built around the working day:

Breakfast 1:
    Standard portion (30g?) porridge with milk

Breakfast 2:
    Full fat yogurt
    Plum
    2 Slices of wholemeal bread
    Large tin of tuna/3 hard boiled eggs/small chicken fillet
    Tea

Lunch:
    Work dinner - varies dependent on canteen menu. Quality is better than usual canteen slop though e.g.
    Non-processed meats
    rice/potatoes/pasta
    2 veg

Afternoon:
    Kinetica Lean Gain shake
    Banana

Dinner:
    Usual dinner stuff prepared at home:
    Brown pasta/brown rice/potatoes
    Stir-frys
    Butcher meats (chicken, minced beef etc)

Snack:
    Apple
    Nuts / slice of toast with load of peanut butter

Weekends can work out a bit more erratically. Some weekends the plan would be similar to the above, other weekends could see a takeaway in there. On both evenings I would probably also tackle a big mug of tea and biscuits!

Fluids:
    At least two litres of water every day. Next to no alcohol. Perhaps a bottle cooking the Sunday dinner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Twice a week training? Full body all the way

Workout 1
    Variation of bench
    Horizontal Row
    squat/legpress
    SLDL

Workout 2

Overhead press or similar
    CGBP
    pull ups
    Deadlift
    squat/legpress

Or similar.

All IMO

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Without counting your calories a food diary like that isn't accurate enough if you want to build muscle and maintain a low bodyfat imo.

That diary has a lot of healthy food, but depending on portion sizes / sauces used etc your weekday calorie intake is somewhere between 2400 and 3500 calories.

You are probably already quite lean so to further reduce your bodyfat and gain size / strength you will need to have strict macros and make a conscious effort to eat a high protein diet.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that john. Any cardio on those?

Conzy. If it helps I worked out my calories to be around 2600, so the lower end of that scale but still a lot of eating for me!

My weight is pretty static so I guess eat more?
    What macro split you suggest?

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

A popular macro split is 40:40:20 protein,carbs fat

Over a week my macros work out to about 50:25:25 but I follow the lean gains program. So macros are heavily weighted towards carbs and protein training days and protein and fat on non training days.

Progress is slow and steady, I have gained size and strength while lowering my bodyfat. I am still in my first year of serious training though and from what I hear it may be harder for someone like you to "re-composite" as you have been training for a few years. You may need to do a "clean bulk" and eat slightly over maintenance for a few months. And then cut to reach your desired body fat level.

Right, put a typical sample day of food into myfitnesspal.

Its not all in perfectly and I look to be short some calories (guessing some food weights etc) but it's probably close enough.
    The macros are coming out at 30/45/25 protein/carbs/fats
    So I'm a bit off the popular split of 40/40/20

Broadly speaking, what kind of food changes/choices do I need to make to reach that adjustment?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ling-zing

if you need to lower your carbs switch the bread/pasta for green veg

if you cut the bread you'll also cut the fat macros if use butter on it

to add more protein add shakes/meat to hit your macros

it takes a few weeks to get used to tracking your macros daily,but after that it becomes a breeze

Advertisement