Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tyrrelstown Driving Test Centre (Dublin 15)

Options
  • 29-01-2008 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone done a test here yet? (Tyrrelstown) Im living in Clonee and i didnt realise this test centre even existed!
    Was hoping to hear if anyone was familiar with the route.

Oh and lastly, The test is with the company sub contracted by the government...I can't imagine that this would make a blind bit of difference but was wondering if anyone has experience of a test by them.

Thanks in advance folks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭timemachine

Havent heard of centre there.. My girlfriend lives in Tyrelsown. Do you know where in Tyrelstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭newtothis

It doesn't for open for business till 3rd of march and its located beside the plaza hotel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I live there myself and can't see any sign of a test centre over by the hotel, unless it's just going to be some sort of prefab thrown up unless they've got the use of the hotel itself. If you're doing your test here, get used to your roundabouts !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,425 ✭✭✭✭Alun

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Learning to drive forum....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sbhatia

Just wondering has anyone done a test here yet? (Tyrrelstown) Im living in Clonee and i didnt realise this test centre even existed!
    Was hoping to hear if anyone was familiar with the route.

Oh and lastly, The test is with the company sub contracted by the government...I can't imagine that this would make a blind bit of difference but was wondering if anyone has experience of a test by them.

Thanks in advance folks.
    I have a test book over there on 21st march, when ur doing ur test? If it's after mine i will give u the route and if ur doing before me then wud appreciate if u cud post the route and how they r like. I have read from sumwhere that Sgs crowd is much better than other one. And they have a better rate of pass. Finger Crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭timemachine

Have mine 3rd, so will let ya know.

Thanks for that and All the best for ur test.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

I have a test there on the 4th.

Live in Blanch, work in Fairview.

Did my first test in Ballymun (regular testing centre)
    Did my second test in Raheny (regular testing centre)

Applied for the third test back in September, for Raheny. Got a letter a few weeks ago giving me the Ballymun NCT test centre (SGS). Where on earth they got that logic, I don't know, but I looked up the alternative centres and found one in D15. So my test will be there, two days earlier than it would have been in Ballymun. Have done a few lessons there and it definitely beats Finglas, where you never get to pick up speed (progression) because of the ramps!

It is what it's.

Same story with me too. Applied in raheny and when i rang them after getting letter at home , that waiting in Raheny is 6-7 months but they can fit me in if i give my test in Ballymun and Finglas. I said No way ( Have heared lots abt these 2 centers) then finally he gave me option of Tyrrelstown, which i agreed with a hope this one is better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Eyeofthetiger

sbhatia wrote: »
    Same story with me too. Applied in raheny and when i rang them after getting letter at home , that waiting in Raheny is 6-7 months but they can fit me in if i give my test in Ballymun and Finglas. I said No way ( Have heared lots abt these 2 centers) then finally he gave me option of Tyrrelstown, which i agreed with a hope this one is better.

hi,
    just wondering what's so bad about either of these centres?

There nothing wrong with these 2 centers, just they have low pass rate and have heard it's bit hard to pass ur test there and as being the first timer didn't want to take any chance.

Took my test years ago but last year I was helping someone with their driving on the Finglas and routes and they are really awful routes. Some of the roads are quite narrow and in a bad state, cars parked either side etc, just generally a mess

In the hope of helping others, the Tyrellstown SGS "test centre" office is actually a room inside the hotel itself. According to the concierge, there will be no signage as you will be given the relevant information when you ask at the reception desk. Park your car anywhere in the car park.

Fingers crossed! ;)

It is what it's.

...forgot to add that I got a text message last night to remind me of my test date and time :)

It is what it's.

oneweb good luck with your test tomorrow, any chance you could post up the route afterwards as i have mine on the 6th!

How was your test mate? What about the route and how the testers are like? Would appreciate if you could tell us. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PatrickCC

I had mine yesterday. My route was through Ballycoolin Road, Snugborough Road, Blanchardstown, Coolmine and back to the test centre. It took roughly an hour.

Good luck to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

That's right round my neck of the woods, really hope I get a letter from SGS soon!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Dam id love to do mine in Blanch. well if i fail in Ballymun next week ill got to tyrlstown then. Ive heard of one opening in D15 got ages now but couldent wait for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PatrickCC

Waiting List in Finglas, which includes Tyrrelstown, is 19 weeks "only"

In the rest of Europe waiting lists are two weeks, but I guess I am only dreaming and that won't happen here any time soon :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭susanna

I applied to Finglas at the end of January and got a letter from SGS last week sending me to Tyrrelstown next month. 2 and a half months between applying and the test, not bad considering I waited 10 months for the last one!

susanna wrote: »
    I applied to Finglas at the end of January and got a letter from SGS last week sending me to Tyrrelstown next month. 2 and a half months between applying and the test, not bad considering I waited 10 months for the last one!

Lucky, I applied the start of Jan and I've heard nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭muppet01

Did my test in tyrellstown on the 10th.There is signage in the hotel and they use a no. of routes.{My tester told me we were taking route 4} Very friendly staff but serious during the test phase.The hotel lobby was full of stranded welsh rugby fans who gave a standing ovation to anyone who passed!!! Thankfully this included me;)

As matter of interest as a local, where do they bring you for the hillstart, the only place I can think of is the Mulhuddart side of the narrow bridge.

muppet01 wrote: »
    Did my test in tyrellstown on the 10th.There is signage in the hotel and they use a no. of routes.{My tester told me we were taking route 4} Very friendly staff but serious during the test phase.The hotel lobby was full of stranded welsh rugby fans who gave a standing ovation to anyone who passed!!! Thankfully this included me;)

Congrats for your passing. can you please post the route here?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭muppet01

The hillstart was in the estate behind superquinn in the village on an almost level road!!!
    I was asked all the tech questions under the bonnet and had to demonstrate hand signals during the test.As for the route it went from the centre to blanch village past corduff,into the estate before superquinn opp garda station,on into mulhaddart and back on the old road into Tyrellstown.As my instructor had to cancel my pre test i cant be more specific as i was too nervous!!!.I can highly recommended the driving school if anyone wishes to pm me

Decided to ring the RSA today after reading susanna's post. Was told a letter has been sent to me by SGS and I have my test with them on the 29th of april. Just have to wait to get the letter before I can ring them and confirm.

Woohoo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Coolmine17

muppeto1 can you please pm your driving instructor for pre test as having test in tyrellstown soon... thanks

• Advertisement

i had my test in tyrrelstown on the 6th it was my first test and i passed, there several different routes that they take you on, i went left at the roundabout when you come out of the test centre then left again at the roundabout before the graveyard up cruiserath road, right at the roundabout left at the next roundabout, next left into estate in corduff for reverse around corner, come out of westway estate, take a right go by corduff shops take right again go left at roundabout right into castlecurragh/warrenstown at the lights then into castlecurragh/warrenstown estate for turnabout which was very narrow road, then back to lights i came in at and turn right at lights, go straight through next roundabout and then straight through the next one again, straight through the roundabout at the shopping centre and go right at the lights for mountview, go past the mountview pub and go left at the lights at the crossroads, when you come to the next set of main lights you take the second left on to main road, when you come to roundabout go left and keep going straight through lights and roundabouts which brings you back up to the road where you will take a left a the roundabout back to cruiserath road, before coming to the roundabout i was asked to pull in, i think that this was my hillstart, from then it was right at the roundabout in tyrrelstown and right at the roundabout back into the test centre.
    Another person who took there test there and passed went on a route which took him straight down to a right turn at the hill after the narrow bridge, then into briarswood, then roselawn, down by the bell and onto the n3 so it seems to vary alot.
    Well good luck to any of you doing your test there i had a very good instructor aswell so if anyone wants his number pm me!

Advertisement