Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peanut butter and Jelly Sandwiches

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

OasisGirl wrote: »
    I used to put kit-kats into peanut butter sandwiches... ah who am I kidding, I still do, and it's the nicest thing I've ever tasted!

That's a fecking dinner in itself......sounds tasty too

Yeah with a cup of tea it's the best hangover breakfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

:eek:

Dont knock it till you've tried it, add salt & vinegar crisps into the mix and you've the sandwich of champions....

A lad in here was on about the elvis sandwich

Peanut butter, banna and bacon?

Has anyone given that a lash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Miss Olenska

PB&J sandwiches = mank. They're so... soft. :(

Eating peanut butter out of the jar with a spoon FTW. :cool:

EDIT: Or spreading peanut butter on chocolate. Double :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭xxtattyberxx

My ultimate comfort food. peanut and jelly sambos, fresh bread or toast... If Im overly depressed Ill throw on some bananas hmmmmmm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

xoxyx wrote: »
    I had one, once. Some early hour at a house party when everything that resembled food was gone, other than peanut butter (which I hadn't tasted since I was a child - and I didn't like it at the time), strawberry jam, and some bread in the freezer which I painstakingly defrosted in the microwave and then cooled in the freezer. It took about an hour to make, but the results were frigging amazing!!!

An alternative that I've discovered since is cheese and honey on toasted bread. C&HTB sandwich. Couldn't recommend it more strongly.
    Martyn1989 wrote: »
    Would you not just have toasted the bread?

No - cause then it would have been toast. You can't make a PB&J on toast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Elba101

Oh yes yes yes. Mmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

I loved them as a kid and went through a phase at one point of eating a pb&j sandwich every day for a few weeks. Now just the smell of peanut butter makes me nauseous. Actually this thread is making me want to bleugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

xoxyx wrote: »
    No - cause then it would have been toast. You can't make a PB&J on toast!
    :cool:
    You sure? xxtattyberxx just above your comment disagrees :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I prefer peanut butter on sliced apple.

Not a fan of jam

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I tried 1 out of curiousity not expecting much and was shocked!
    it's nothing like you expect and just works, if you don't at least try it your a stocking and a half (unless your allergic to peanut!)

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭thedoc46

After reading this thread i said i would try one and wow it was awesome!! Thank you AH :D

Advertisement