Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peanut butter and Jelly Sandwiches

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

I had one, once. Some early hour at a house party when everything that resembled food was gone, other than peanut butter (which I hadn't tasted since I was a child - and I didn't like it at the time), strawberry jam, and some bread in the freezer which I painstakingly defrosted in the microwave and then cooled in the freezer. It took about an hour to make, but the results were frigging amazing!!!

An alternative that I've discovered since is cheese and honey on toasted bread. C&HTB sandwich. Couldn't recommend it more strongly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭MarchDub

Ah yeah, seedless jam

No, not quite - it's completely clear, without fruit either, seedless or otherwise. I saw it being made a few times in rural farms where they make their own - the juice is strained off and the fruit is set aside and used for something else like pies. The jelly is made only from the juice. Jam is made from the fruit and the juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

MarchDub wrote: »
    No, not quite - it's completely clear, without fruit either, seedless or otherwise. I saw it being made a few times in rural farms where they make their own - the juice is strained off and the fruit is set aside and used for something else like pies. The jelly is made only from the juice. Jam is made from the fruit and the juice.

I accept defeat sir, your knowledge of preserves is far superior to mine.

But they still spell colour wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I love Peanut Butter and Jam sandwiches. I never liked peanuts or peanut butter until around a year ago, but I can't get enough of them now.

The Smooth American Style Peanut Butter from Lidl is my favourite, with a little Strawberry Jam and butter on the other side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Sounds disgusting, but I'm always open to trying new things so I'm off to make one .....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

An american friend brought me Welchs Grape Jam which he claims is the only jelly to have on one of these, its not my thing really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

xoxyx wrote: »
    I had one, once. Some early hour at a house party when everything that resembled food was gone, other than peanut butter (which I hadn't tasted since I was a child - and I didn't like it at the time), strawberry jam, and some bread in the freezer which I painstakingly defrosted in the microwave and then cooled in the freezer. It took about an hour to make, but the results were frigging amazing!!!

An alternative that I've discovered since is cheese and honey on toasted bread. C&HTB sandwich. Couldn't recommend it more strongly.

Would you not just have toasted the bread?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,116 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Sliced cheese and jam sandwiches are where it's at!

One of those combinations that you'd think wouldn't work but they so do.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Ate it all the time as a kid. Peanut butter + Chocolate spread too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,226 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Peanut butter is almost impossible to eat without a light topping of jam or jelly or honey. Toast with the above combination. Or brown soda bread. Yum.

• Advertisement

It was f***ing gorgeous!! I was obviously a deprived child i only got sugar sandwiches:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Was that your first peanut butter sandwich or just your first time putting jam/jelly with it? What way did you enjoy peanut butter before, seeing as you have it in your house?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

peanut butter and jam sandwiches are LOVELY

• Registered Users Posts: 33 pinkhop

Peanut butter and honey is the nicest!

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

I love peanut butter and jam, tesco have a delicious one with no sugar, just delicious salty goodness. I have it on brown toast every morning, it is high in calories but its good fat.

I thought pb&j sounded gross but was talking on an american forum about a year ago and people were on about them so said id try it, delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

cml387 wrote: »
    Didn't Elvis deep fry his pb&j?

Have some of that!

FTGFOP wrote: »
    Was that your first peanut butter sandwich or just your first time putting jam/jelly with it? What way did you enjoy peanut butter before, seeing as you have it in your house?

Never liked peanut butter until recently, noticed it on special offer in the local so picked it up and slap it on rich tea biscuits ..yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Laserhead

Tesco chunky peanut butter, bon maman strawberry jam on a hot slice of toast.

Om nom nom...

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Bella mamma

Peanut butter and jelly is akin to our ham sandwich Stateside, the staple school lunch. Never heard it called 'jam' in all the years there.

Our eldest child, an American, can't get enough of them. The rest of us wouldn't touch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Peanut butter... The butter of gods.

Peanut butter & ham sambos kept me going in school for 15 years..

Peanut butter & cucumber is good as well :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

blaze1 wrote: »
    Peanut butter & ham sambos

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Peanut butter and blackcurrant jam sambos. Get them inside you.

Peanut butter and banana sambos are deadly too. Very filling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I've never had one.

I just had what I thought was a great idea though. I was going to buy some jars of peanut butter and jars of jam, mix them together in one jar and sell them to people that were too lazy to open two jars. I looked it up though and it's already been done. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

DjFlin wrote: »
    Peanut butter + Chocolate spread too.
    Foodgasim!

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

DjFlin wrote: »
    Ate it all the time as a kid. Peanut butter + Chocolate spread too.

I used to put kit-kats into peanut butter sandwiches... ah who am I kidding, I still do, and it's the nicest thing I've ever tasted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

tan11ie wrote: »
    Never liked peanut butter until recently, noticed it on special offer in the local so picked it up and slap it on rich tea biscuits ..yum.
    :eek::pac:
    I've done that too! Instant peanut butter cookie. Mmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭BrianJD

BrianJD wrote: »
    Have you had one? Has every American had one? What are they like? What exactly is in them, ie do u use butter and regular jam?

I'm gonna make some.

I wish I knew everything.

My wife kindly made them for me today after seing this thread. I had one today. Or should I say a bite of one.

Nuff said.

I'm gonna smear the peanut butter on my snickers to use it up.

I said snickers.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Andromeda_111

Chunky peanut butter, sliced banana and honey on toast is soooooo nice :D

Sometimes I just get a spoonful of peanut butter, a drizzle of honey and dip it in a bag of shredded coconut. Good when you are watching carbs (go easy on the honey)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Andromeda_111

I used to put kit-kats into peanut butter sandwiches... ah who am I kidding, I still do, and it's the nicest thing I've ever tasted!

That's a fecking dinner in itself......sounds tasty too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

BrianJD wrote: »
    Have you had one? Has every American had one? What are they like? What exactly is in them, ie do u use butter and regular jam?

I'm gonna make some.

I wish I knew everything.

and people wonder why 60%+ of americans are the size of ford f 650s..

Advertisement