Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your neighbors grass...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

the spelling nazi's have invaded this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

My dad and our neighbour took turns cutting the grass for 15 years until we moved. It wasn't a big deal. I mean, my sister used to cut the grass a lot of the time since she was ten with one of those awful manual lawnmowers.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I find it difficult to use the words 'cut' and 'grass'. :)
    How about "shred" and "grass"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Blisterman wrote: »
    I think the OP is just jealous that the grass is greener on the other side.

It was a nicer shade until they got rid of it....

There is house down the street that just put loose stone over there bit and the neighbours bit...... Now all the weeds are growing through it and he has divided it up with a little wooden fence..... looks ****e!

The things people do so they don't have to mow there lawn..

Is that better Wishbone Ash ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

If I cut my neighbour's grass and don't cut mine then I'm optimistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,641 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

mike65 wrote: »
    I dont have any neighbors but I do have neighbours.

Mike.

This is neither the time nor the place for your ethnic cleansing Irishman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

When I lived in Jamaica, my next door neighbour had loads of grass growing out his back. So every now and then I went out and cut down a couple of plants. Luckily, he was too stoned to notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Management company mows our front lawns!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I have no lawn. I win this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Management company mows our front lawns!

Well my gardener cuts mine, so I win :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Whenever I do my own grass, I would do my neighbours grass if it seems to be getting a bit on the long side - and vice versa.

We are the sicking neighbours that bring each others wheelie-bins in too, and bandage each others kids boo-boos.

We have never been in each others houses, theres an unspoken agreement that we like our privacy and to keep our homes in order.

/hums jingle to neighbours

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭junior_apollo

Tut tut... Im ashamed of you all..

Surely everyone knows that modern day language now means that

"Don't go cutting your neighbours lawn"

was once termed as...

"Thou shall not covet thy neighbours wife"

So those of you that cut your neighbours lawn and expect your neighbour to reciprocate are obviously closet swingers... :eek:

So those of you that cut your neighbours lawn and expect your neighbour to reciprocate are obviously closet swingers... :eek:

lol

We dont expect each other to do it. We simply both like the front of our homes presentable. Besides, I dont think she fancies my other half.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    I have no lawn. I win this thread.

+1

Apartments FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭junior_apollo

Would have to agree though... suffering from a wee bit of OCD there is no way I could cut my grass and leave theirs...

Plus its just plain rude in my opinion.. kinda like "Mine is better than yours".. I hate those people... probably because im better than them... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

We have a lawn but we're renting and don't bother cutting it. Tbh, it's looks disgracful, weeds everywhere! :o

The neighbour is trying to sell their house and we aren't exactly helping them with prospective buyers so they cut it for us and we do nothing in return

Laziness ftw!

Plus its just plain rude in my opinion.. kinda like "Mine is better than yours".. I hate those people...

Me too. That kind of behaviour is just silly. I swear I wont be in woodies and b&q today. :pac:
    micmclo wrote: »
    We have a lawn but we're renting and don't bother cutting it. Tbh, it's looks disgracful, weeds everywhere! :o

The neighbour is trying to sell their house and we aren't exactly helping them with prospective buyers so they cut it for us and we do nothing in return

Laziness ftw!

cut it! its hard enough to sell up these days :/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I have no lawn either. \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Three lawns. Parents are avid gardeners so they do it.

In conclusion.....i have the best of both worlds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

I was just about to say that around here, 'to be caught mowing another mans lawn' is txt spk for 'giving the neighbours wife one'! :-o

• Advertisement
Advertisement