Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Movies on TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 BarJustas

Suits (TV series) its really good can't stop watching !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Role Models on at 11pm on Film 4. Remember you can't bs a bs'er.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Mud on film4 tonight at 9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Night of the Generals (1967)

Amazing cast in this WW2 set drama about a serial killer in the German high command and the man from same tracking him down. Ignore some sniffy reviews out there, this is worth catching for the performances alone.

BBC Two at 1 am tonight after the Quiet American.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Night of the Generals (1967)

Amazing cast in this WW2 set drama about a serial killer in the German high command and the man from same tracking him down. Ignore some sniffy reviews out there, this is worth catching for the performances alone.

BBC Two at 1 am tonight after the Quiet American.

Great performances, particularly from O'Toole and Pleasence.
    Really enjoyed watching it again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Devil is on RTE 2 now

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Sideeffects is on film 4 tonight at 9. Good psychological thriller by Soderbergh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭DenMan

Sin City is on Syfy tonight @10pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Videodrome Horror channel at 10.55 and 11.55+1

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

The A team is on film 4 now.
    Didn't get half the love it deserves in my opinion. Fantastic film

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

The Crying Game is on TCM tonight at 11:25.

tumblr_m7zk6llhuS1ruxwvqo1_500.png

"Man, is that a good movie."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Heavenly Creatures on TG4 at 11:10PM Saturday. This is the film that put director Peter Jackson and actresses Kate Winslet and Melanie Lynskey on the map. Winslet in particular is stunning in her screen debut.

The foundation of the film is the friendship between the two girls, something that wasn't adequately covered by the sensationalist newspaper headlines after the real-life Parker-Hulme murder case.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Arnie classic The Running Man is on Film4 at 11:45 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭OldRio

'Kind Hearts and Coronets' BBC4 8.00pm tonight.

Made in 1949 starring Alec Guinness (in eight roles)
    A great black comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jrby

Gravity is on RTE on Chrismas Eve.....I presume its going to be edited down given the run time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

jrby wrote: »
    Gravity is on RTE on Chrismas Eve.....I presume its going to be edited down given the run time

Crap movie anyway! The shorter they can make it the better IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

They don't usually edit down movies. I really liked it, didn't seem like a long movie to me.

seams to be on for 90 minutes and the film length is 90 minutes so i'm guessing with a few ads included they'll be cutting a bit out

seams to be on for 90 minutes and the film length is 90 minutes so i'm guessing with a few ads included they'll be cutting a bit out

Christmas Day or Eve?

eve

• Advertisement

eve

Could be an error in the guide. The don't air ads on Christmas day during programmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

RTE do not as rule cut films, as opposed to ITV and BBC who will chop it for time and/or network reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

cml387 wrote: »
    RTE do not as rule cut films, as opposed to ITV and BBC who will chop it for time and/or network reasons.
    I just wish that they showed them in their original aspect ratio like BBC and Channel 4 do.

I'm going through the Christmas guide, looking for classics, and found a few in early slots:

Casablanca RTE2 25/12 13:55. If you haven't seen this, well... your movie education is sorely lacking. :p

High Society RTE1 26/12 08:30. Bing Crosby, Grace Kelly, Frank Sinatra, and Louis Armstrong pops in. What a Swell Party it is ...

The Searchers RTE1 27/12 08:55. Influential John Ford Western starring John Wayne and Natalie Wood.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Sarxos

I put a big searchable and sortable list up on my site. http://www.scannain.com/featured/films-on-irish-tv-over-christmas-2015

Tonight Psycho on RTE2

Airplane! is on Ch4, 00:45 tonight. It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether. :cool:

The most remarkable thing about this film, in my opinion, is how the producers deliberately cast lead actors who had zero comedy experience, such as Leslie Nielsen and Lloyd Bridges, because they wanted absolutely straight delivery from them. Both of them went on to have further career success in comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

bnt wrote: »
    I'm going through the Christmas guide, looking for classics, and found a few in early slots:

Casablanca RTE2 25/12 13:55. If you haven't seen this, well... your movie education is sorely lacking. :p

High Society RTE1 26/12 08:30. Bing Crosby, Grace Kelly, Frank Sinatra, and Louis Armstrong pops in. What a Swell Party it is ...

The Searchers RTE1 27/12 08:55. Influential John Ford Western starring John Wayne and Natalie Wood.

bnt, thanks for info, & if you have any more, don't hesitate 'to play it again'
    bnt wrote: »
    Airplane! is on Ch4, 00:45 tonight. It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether. :cool:

The most remarkable thing about this film, in my opinion, is how the producers deliberately cast lead actors who had zero comedy experience, such as Leslie Nielsen and Lloyd Bridges, because they wanted absolutely straight delivery from them. Both of them went on to have further career success in comedy.

I'll 'shirley' be watchin that tonite:P

Since it's the 25th anniv of Home Alone, it's started again on ch4+1, if anyone missed it, like me!

"Santay don't visit the funeral homes, little buddy"

More info:
    link

link

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Lance Daly's debut film Kisses is on TV3 tonight at 11pm.

It's a gem of a film. Two Dublin kids run away from their troubled home lives just before Christmas and head into the city. Can't say much more about it but it's one of my favourite films. Very much worth staying up for or setting the DVR at the very least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Naked Gun is on RTE 2 now

Advertisement