Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kitten stabbed to death in drunken attack

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

"Innocent" implies the potential for guilt which implies the ability to make moral decisions. You might as well write "E. coli found guilty of murder."

Ah come on. You know well I don't mean "has been acquitted of eating all the Whiskas" like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

"Innocent" implies the potential for guilt which implies the ability to make moral decisions. You might as well write "E. coli found guilty of murder."
    "Innocent" also signifies "not responsible for anything that deserves such punishment".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

What kind a horrible c*nt stabs a kitten. That guy deserves a public flogging. This has nothing to do with drink - this country's streets are filled with sub-human inbred troglodyte petite-crime scum. It is a case of breeding. Tiny gene pool = scrambled brains. They should be put down. Put their kids in a bag and throw them in the river.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

kraggy wrote: »
    Was it "I'm vegetarian. I don't kill kitties, I just kill Jews"?.

It was something from Mein Kampf to do with racism and eugenics and I inadvertently made it appear to be a quote from a conservative Christian poster. He was rather upset about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

As someone thats feral and hairy,this disturbs and saddens me. Not more than if they had described it as a human,not less. Its still life. Cuter and less annoying than a human,but,thats another story. Now,i must leave this thread before i call someone a mean name and get banned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

thats a sad sad thing to do, its a world gone mad i tell ye:confused:

Because they enjoy the feeling it gives them, not because they love and respect it. A study published a while ago showed that people use pets to act out things they cannot with humans: positive desires such as to love and be loved, but also negative desires such as to control others.

We do the same things with humans. What is your point? That people are selfish? We know this.

Your analogy is broken. Guilt is the opposite of innocence. Also innocence can be used to indicate a lack of capacity for moral responsibility. E. coli is innocent in that it is not capable of morals and thus not morally responsible. As is the kitten.
    Again with the humans! So pets are servants, then: good if they are nice to us. A rat is right not to trust humans. It is not its fault that it carries diseases; and cats cause allergies in many people. Kittens are tame because at that age their mother nurtures them. Cats are menaces to other animals, killing rodents, birds, rabbits, etc. Rats are mostly vegetarians or carrion feeders.

All correct, however you neglected to quote my actual core point. That the comparison between rats and kittens is irrelevant. To violently kill a rat is not okay, not funny and just as indicative of psychopathy.

thats a sad sad thing to do, its a world gone mad i tell ye:confused:

The world isn't going mad. It's always been mad. We're just talking about it more now. Opening up, talking to someone when you're crazy is probably healthy. But the world is talking to itself. And it isn't listening, which tells us that it's a fruitcase of epic proportions.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Sadly, we Irish are collectively NOT a nation of animal lovers. In fact we are among the most wicked and cruel to animals in all the developed world - and for this we should be deeply ashamed and embarrassed. For instance, we have appallingly high lavels of stray and abandoned dogs - higher in absolute terms than the Uk which has 14 times our population.

Disgusting and shameful.:mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

3. They were hardly going to take their time now, were they?

LO fecking L

• Advertisement

Not that I've ever heard of, and it sounds like a pretty strange scientific inquiry for someone to embark upon.

It's a widely known fact that has been well documented in tv programmes and case studies in universities.
    It was a term of art, Dudess has already addressed this.

Term of art? Still don't see anything ridiculous in the piece. I guess those who do see sensationalism in the story may have less of a view of the place of animals in our society.

You mean they have kitty ambulances, and there is a big problem with overcrowding of the hospital baskets? Instead of morphine, do they give catnip?

Em, no. The owner rushed the kitten that it took in to look after just 3 weeks ago to the hospital. What else would she do? And no, not in a kitty ambulance. Perhaps in her car? Honestly..

It conjures up a ridiculous picture of a struggle between man and...kitten. Also, you have no evidence upon which to base your assertion that I am juvenile, or a twat.

"The incident happened on Hartstonge Street in the city on Sunday afternoon when a drunken man picked up the kitten near her home and without reason, brutally stabbed the small animal with a knife"

Does not suggest struggling or grappling to me. If only the kitten could have struggled..

Why?

I should have attacked your post and not you yourself as my infraction says. I do apologise. But your callous attitude to all this totally goes against my beliefs.

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Sadly, we Irish are collectively NOT a nation of animal lovers. In fact we are among the most wicked and cruel to animals in all the developed world - and for this we should be deeply ashamed and embarrassed. For instance, we have appallingly high lavels of stray and abandoned dogs - higher in absolute terms than the Uk which has 14 times our population.

Disgusting and shameful.:mad:

Animal protection doesn't have the profile here that it has in the UK. Reality TV shows yeknow.

Dudess wrote: »
    "Innocent" also signifies "not responsible for anything that deserves such punishment".

Precisely

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

For the love of god people, the hilarity in this article comes from the juxtaposition of the style in which it was written and its content. Not the actual content itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

What kind a horrible c*nt stabs a kitten. That guy deserves a public flogging. This has nothing to do with drink - this country's streets are filled with sub-human inbred troglodyte petite-crime scum. It is a case of breeding. Tiny gene pool = scrambled brains. They should be put down. Put their kids in a bag and throw them in the river.

Yeah because in huge gene pools (USA) psychos don't exist. Whose kids are you talking about?

andrew wrote: »
    For the love of god people, the hilarity in this article comes from the juxtaposition of the style in which it was written and its content. Not the actual content itself.

But my point is what's so hilarious about the style?

Therein lies the difference I think. Those who find it hilarious see animals much further down the back of the queue than those who do not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

My dog got ran over last February. Any chance of a box of sympathy? :rolleyes:

I, for one, thought that the article was hilarious. Sick Fecker that did it, but feck me, he sure left a hilarious article.

And if you think killing a cat is bad because the cat is an animal, why dont you stop killing other animals too(cough, mouse traps, cough), or is that just because mice are 'different'?

For the love of god andrew, we get why it is meant to be funny. But it still isn't.

nevf wrote: »
    And if you think killing a cat is bad because the cat is an animal, why dont you stop killing other animals too(cough, mouse traps, cough), or is that just because mice are 'different'?

You don't see a distinction between regrettably killing something as a pest, for food, for research or whatever versus violently killing it for fun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

dsmythy wrote: »
    Yeah because in huge gene pools (USA) psychos don't exist. Whose kids are you talking about?

That guy who stabbed the kitten wasn't a psycho. He was just another nob-end who thinks shoving a banger up a cats arse is funny. A lack of (emotional) intelligence is responsible for this guys twisted act.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭conceited

johnnyskeleton your a ****ing idiot.

That guy who stabbed the kitten wasn't a psycho. He was just another nob-end who thinks shoving a banger up a cats arse is funny. A lack of (emotional) intelligence is responsible for this guys twisted act.

Yes but that sort of behaviour does suggest the lack of empathy associated with psychopathy. I don't think we're going far wrong calling the fella "a psycho" in the every day sense.

You don't see a distinction between regrettably killing something as a pest, for food, for research or whatever versus violently killing it for fun?
    Nope.

But I suppose i can't really talk.
    there's just nothing like the feeling of grabbing a knife in the right hand a live mouse in the other hand, wobbling around trying to escape, and then BAM! BANG! and the mouse is gone. Well the mouse is gone in two different directions.
    This is called Bisection. Do it another few times and we have Disection.

Now, not many people are going to be offended by this because they do it all the time with their conventional mouse trap, now if I was to replace them words with cat, well that would be a totally different ball game.

Why can't we use cats in laboratory's? or are they just too stupid to spin the wheel?

But my point is what's so hilarious about the style?

Therein lies the difference I think. Those who find it hilarious see animals much further down the back of the queue than those who do not.

You're missing my point. The humour in this has NOTHING to do with the fact that the cat was murdered. The humour comes from the style not the subject. They are different things.
    For the love of god andrew, we get why it is meant to be funny. But it still isn't.

Obviously you don't. Otherwise you wouldn't be getting as offended as you are.

conceited wrote: »
    johnnyskeleton your a ****ing idiot.
    johnnyskeleton, has just proven a point. But for you to rebut, you had to bring it down to a shouting contest... catlovers and treehuggers - can't love them - can't hate them.

You're missing my point. The humour in this has NOTHING to do with the fact that the cat was murdered. The humour comes from the style not the subject. They are different things.

Obviously you don't. Otherwise you wouldn't be getting as offended as you are.

No you're not getting our point. Clearly.

To us, there is no humour in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭conceited

Thats my opinion bud ! And your a twisted **** aswell:pac:

conceited wrote: »
    Thats my opinion bud ! And your a twisted **** aswell:pac:
    Nope. I'm just a mouse-lover.
    and your cat ate my mouse you biatch.

Nope.

But I suppose i can't really talk.
    there's just nothing like the feeling of grabbing a knife in the right hand a live mouse in the other hand, wobbling around trying to escape, and then BAM! BANG! and the mouse is gone. Well the mouse is gone in two different directions.
    This is called Bisection. Do it another few times and we have Disection.

Are you just typing to fill space?
    Now, not many people are going to be offended by this because they do it all the time with their conventional mouse trap, now if I was to replace them words with cat, well that would be a totally different ball game.

Mice eat anything they can scavenge and tend to **** in people's cupboards, spreading disease. Killing them is the only alternative to living with them. I'd be worried if someone found that killing to be enjoyable or funny.
    Why can't we use cats in laboratory's? or are they just too stupid to spin the wheel?

Lots of practical reasons. Is it relevant to this thread?

• Advertisement

Saying it's ok to kill Rats but not cats because cats have been domesticated is pretty hypocritical. Is it ok to kill a feral cat then?

Advertisement