Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due November 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

I'm going for my scan the 22nd will be 13.5 weeks at that stage, can't wait, at least all going well I can tell people. Still so cautious despite scan showing good baby heartbeat at 7.5 weeks.
    Tiredness is my biggest problem, the odd bit of heartburn but have only been sick as a result of a smell I didn't like!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

Wife had a bleed scare a few weeks ago but we had the scan and all is ok, TTBF !!

tis only now that we are telling me, however she is kicking up the bed every night but hey tis a small price to pay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

Another November baby here :) had the scan last week so its looking like 28th November will be the big day!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

How's everyone doing?

Had my booking appointment in holles St today, Jesus it took lifetime, wasn't that bad when we were there with last baby, got there for 8.15, got bloods, did history, and urine, booked big scan all by 9.30 but didn't get seen by the doc till 11.40.
    I'm eligible for midwives scheme which is great, avoids a lot of waiting around time, plus they do afternoon appointments which is great.
    14 weeks tomo, got an amazingly clear pic of baby too, it's so cool.

Hope everyone is keeping well and happy.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Officially started telling people today. Had our first scan. 15+ weeks. Our second. My daughter is nearly 12, and now I will have a son :-)

Time to start looking around at all the freebies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Have my first hospital appt on fri. Looking forward to making sure everything's ok, and then outing myself! I've done well to keep it to myself... Last time I had loads of ppl told by now!
    Feeling grand. Small bit tired still, but have been lucky symptom wise!

Had my scan on fri. Everything looking good, and dates right for end nov- so I can stay in this thread! Such a relief to have it over with, and to be able to tell people!
    Hope everyone else is getting on well!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ginger Power

Hi Everyone, was flicking in here to see do people have advice on what travel system people are going for etc, don't want to be spending €600 plus on one as i think that is crazy. Am 19 weeks and due on 10th of November almost half way there. Had a consultant appointment last week, it was only 1.5hrs so wasn't too bad, got to hear heartbeat and loads of movement, we awaiting scan appointment for 22 Weeks, happy out hope all is well

Hi Everyone, was flicking in here to see do people have advice on what travel system people are going for etc, don't want to be spending €600 plus on one as i think that is crazy. Am 19 weeks and due on 10th of November almost half way there. Had a consultant appointment last week, it was only 1.5hrs so wasn't too bad, got to hear heartbeat and loads of movement, we awaiting scan appointment for 22 Weeks, happy out hope all is well

It depends on your needs, as regards a travel system. I researched a lot last time, and did end up spending a good bit, (got a silvercross), but it's in perfect nick, and will be used again this time. If you intend having a second baby quite quickly, it's worth getting something that converts to a double- you might pay a bit more than €600, but you'll save money long term. If you do a lot of walking on country roads, you might need something with bigger wheels, etc. it's hard to know what's right, without knowing exactly what your lifestyle is.
    A couple of friends of mine got out n about nippers, and found them great, and not too expensive. But I'm not sure can you get a car seat adaptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

The whole car seat, travel system, buggy thing is crazy - I can only compare it to non-techies trying to buy a computer or a phone - so many different options that generally look and feel near identical - but can cost thousands more or less than each other :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Gmail

Hi all, hope everyone is well & the bumps are coming along nicely :)
    I had a scan today at 19+2 so delighted to say we saw our little person wriggling around happily! Such a relief. We had been discussing finding out the sex but I don't think we will. A healthy baby is enough for me.

On the travel system/ buggy thing.......we started looking around at the weekend.
    Crazy, crazy money involved. They really know how to push the whole 'it's your child's safety' spin on things....
    Our number one requirement is that whatever buggy we get can be adapted easily for number two when that happens. Ours will be used on footpaths and rubbish country roads so that's another consideration.
    Lots of 2nd hand options available too so we shall see how things go.
    I loved the uppababy vista & the Baby Jogger city select.

All good here, just waiting on a hospital appointment for our scan, am being impatient though waiting lol.

As for the travel system its driving me crazy as they are so expensive and every one has a different choice and reason why this one or that one is the best. We are looking at Beep Twist system but finding it hard to get fed back, Icandy and Quinny are just out of my price range i just dont have the money for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭tempnam

Think of it as buying a car, bicycle or piece of furniture..... if you are planning on using it every day for a couple of years (or more if you will be having more kids) then it might be worthwhile forking out money for a good quality solid travel system. Something that will last the test of time.

Our little one is almost 2 and our travel system is still being used a good lot. Baby no.2 is due in November too so we'll be using it all over again when he/she arrives.

I think at the time we paid about €750 for it. That included the newborn car seat & base for the car seat - and clips to put the car seat directly on to the frame, the 2 pram options (bassinet & 'normal' pram seat) rain cover and the heavy fleece lined sleeping bag thingy for the winter time.

All i've had to do in the couple of years we've been using it is inflate the tyres a couple of times.

We have friends who bought cheaper options and after a couple of months were giving out about what they bought

Yea I run a bit, so I have been looking at the running ones, but they also seem to be huge and a pain in the arse to collapse and put into cars - loads of options, but that is part of the problem :)

But the idea of the travel system where you spend more now, but get all the bits you will use for a few years seems to make sense to me now - but deffo going to start looking at donedeal.ie and adverts.ie :)

Have our big scan on the 8th July. We were in a few weeks ago and were able to tell us it was a boy. The were positive it was a boy (this was at about 15 weeks).

My OH is doing well symptoms wise. Tiredness mainly. This is our second. First pregnancy was very rough. She was in hospital for 6 solid months. She has bad kidney issues, but thankfully nothing of the sort this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

The whole car seat, travel system, buggy thing is crazy - I can only compare it to non-techies trying to buy a computer or a phone - so many different options that generally look and feel near identical - but can cost thousands more or less than each other :D

Yep. We have twins due in November & wife has tasked me with the travel system. My head hurts :(

How is everyone keeping? Iv being into the hospital i seem to be getting Kidney infections alot which suck, i was so bad this week i could barely walk with the pains. Getting results back today.

On another note we have looked at travel systems we are thinking of going with the Chicco City Jet, i liked it. I'm also looking at the baby event in Dunnes at moment, gonna get some pampers nappies and wipes i think, only super confused on bottles what to go with any suggestions?

How is everyone keeping? Iv being into the hospital i seem to be getting Kidney infections alot which suck, i was so bad this week i could barely walk with the pains. Getting results back today.

On another note we have looked at travel systems we are thinking of going with the Chicco City Jet, i liked it. I'm also looking at the baby event in Dunnes at moment, gonna get some pampers nappies and wipes i think, only super confused on bottles what to go with any suggestions?

Hey ginger! Hope you get on ok with your results. I used tommee tippee bottles last time, and they were grand. Although someone bought me a steriliser that was a different brand, and the bottles didn't fit in very well, so that was a nuisance! I know some people swear by the bottles that are for wind (dr someone or other), but we didn't need them last time- though I breastfed for a good while, so I suppose he was over the worst of it by the time I really needed the bottles!

I think we're going to try using the Dr Browns bottles to start with, I've read quite a bit about them and I think they seem like a good idea. We've bought a second hand silver cross surf which is what we saw that we liked to start with, the second hand one just came up at a good price

I think we're going to try using the Dr Browns bottles to start with, I've read quite a bit about them and I think they seem like a good idea. We've bought a second hand silver cross surf which is what we saw that we liked to start with, the second hand one just came up at a good price

Good choice! I love mine! Can't wait to use it again!

• Advertisement

Had my second hosp appt this am. All looking good, measuring right for my dates. Starting to feel plenty movement now- it's so reassuring!

Weird how I know loads of folk in real life also having babies around us, in November and this is the quietest thread of any month I can see?

Hope all is well with everyone :D

Yes November is very quiet, would be great to get it going again, assuming everyone is doing ok. Time is flying by! Nerves are starting to creep in

I'm still here too!
    All going well. Weeks flying by. Have been picking up a few bits for my hospital bag, and before long it'll be time to pack it!
    Can't believe am into the single digits of weeks at work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

I'm still here too. This is my second so I'm not as pregnancy crazy as I was with the first. Still super excited but it's flying by and I'm not getting to really think about it so much since I'm running after a 20 month old boy.
    Absolute agony today with pelvic and back pain,feels like I tried to do the splits (which I didn't) and strained my joints, every step today was pure hell.
    Hope everyone doing ok too.xx

Starting to seriously think about the "stuff" we need now, which is making it al the more real. We also need to update our car, to trying to find the cheapest car with ISO-Fix builtin :)

[BTW : Baby Stuff in Aldi from this Thursday, seems a huge range of stuff, and as always with that stuff, I'm sure some will be great quality and others questionable, but deffo worth a look..]

Oh I know I'm starting to try get all list of stuff sorted, sometimes I'm going nowhere fast! We bought baby monitor on Sunday and picked out the cot bed we wanted, need to find a crib first. I'm going to use the Dr browns bottles and found and irish site yesterday that has the starter pack for 14 euro cheaper than argos!

We have clothes, nappies, wipes, creams and a car seat.

Will be getting buggy probably this week.

Cot will be the start of next month!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Starting to seriously think about the "stuff" we need now, which is making it al the more real. We also need to update our car, to trying to find the cheapest car with ISO-Fix builtin :)

Lots of cars have that, my friend's 2002 Renault Megane has it and it cost €900 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Very quiet in the December thread too, I'm due the 30th of November by 12 week dating scan and the 2nd of December by midwife dates. So I'm in limbo month-wise! Having another little girl, first daughter is almost 14 months old! Have cot, travel system, clothes etc all sorted so just to pack a hospital bag next week and we're ready to go! I had to be induced last time so hopefully will go myself and get into the MLU

Advertisement