Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How Bout Dem Bears?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Be interested to hear what you see.

Sutton was touted a 3rd down pass rusher but he looked amazing against the run at times. Some huge red-zone stops.
    Ferguson looked decent too, loved the explosion for a crucial sack.
    Fuller. Stud.
    Vereen looks decent. McShea marked him one of his favourite picks in the draft and he does look at ease.
    Run game is an embarrassment. We need Slauson back BADLY.
    Pass pro faded badly after a great start.
    Marshall on one leg still commands double coverage. Boss.
    Pass rush on the edge was very poor all round.
    Happy with the linebackers again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,912 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

SameOleJay wrote: »

Sutton was touted a 3rd down pass rusher but he looked amazing against the run at times. Some huge red-zone stops.
    Fuller. Stud.
    Vereen looks decent. McShea marked him one of his favourite picks in the draft and he does look at ease.

Agree with all of that. On your Marshall comment, his stats show just one reception, but what they don't show is that after his injury he came back in and caught a touchdown pass which was disallowed because of a facemask penalty. The Jets learned their lesson, injured or not he needed tight coverage. Before then I presume they figured they could double up on Jeffery.

Our run game, once again, never really got going, I remember Forte getting a short yardage first down just through pure bull stubborness, but otherwise his main threat was in the passing game, same as the rest. Martellus Bennett (17 fantasy points!) was good, but his second touchdown came from a blown coverage. There was a lot of that and maybe the Jets were overthinking themselves, but more importantly, Cutler was simply on fire. To produce what he did when he was under huge pressure due to O-line problems and relentless Jet blitzing, with a receiver corps that was all banged up. If he keeps this up we will be in the playoffs.

Worrying that after a fantastic start we looked very nervous in the second half, it was really heart attack stuff and Geno Smith, for all the mistakes he made, showed serious nerve to play a pretty steady game in their comeback. Helped no end by his O line which we struggled to get by (I know we had three sacks, but at times it was like he had all day to make his passes).

What else? Fuller, obviously, is a beast. I actually thought our linebackers did pretty well, including Bostic despite some errors. Who'd have thought we'd ever be saying "we'll miss Shea McClellin", but it was looking that way. Still I thought they stepped up. The Jets run game is no joke, Ivory was having a hell of a game (9 fantasy points, and should have been run in for a touchdown only for bad playcalling by the Jets in the red zone at one point), so all things considered I thought we held it fairly well. We were lucky that they seemed to struggle in the redzone, but I felt we played the better football.

Bring on the Packers ta ****!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭padraig_f

SameOleJay wrote: »

Fuller. Stud.

Posted my impressions in the week 3 thread, pretty similar to these. I wasn't that positive about the overall performance (Jets outgained the Bears 414 yards to 257, and 5.8 yards-per-play to 4.1), but yeah, the improvment in run-defense is encouraging.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

I've sky+ the game so looking forward to catching it tonight - I'm very impressed that I've avoided watching the NFL.com highlights as I normally do as it is nice not knowing exactly when those big plays are coming and just watching the game with an open mind... I've avoided reading too many of the normally thorough comments above (sameold, padraig & realt dearg) but I will digest them tomorrow...

Didn't even consider trying to avoid knowing the result though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Still haven't seen the game (hopefully tonight).

Do wanna say fair play to Jay - no turnovers in 2 games. Hope it's not a false dawn. I'm very critical of him but credit where credit is due.

I think if we have a level or positive turnover ratio we should beat the Packers - so hopefully even if they get an early TD or something Jay doesn't panic and try do some stupid stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Great result but was a nervous finish, Jets shouldn't have got back into the game like they did but the win is all that matters.

kennyb3 wrote: »

Do wanna say fair play to Jay - no turnovers in 2 games. Hope it's not a false dawn. I'm very critical of him but credit where credit is due.

I think if we have a level or positive turnover ratio we should beat the Packers - so hopefully even if they get an early TD or something Jay doesn't panic and try do some stupid stuff.

Yeah, interesting evaluation on Jay for that one, he threw one or two dodgy ones that could've been intercepted, but I think he handled the blitz pressure well in the absence of a running game. Other point to note is they were 14 points up, with 6 yards of offense. Not saying it was easy, but it is somewhat easier to play QB from ahead.

When you have bad habits, they tend to come out in the pressure situations...when you're playing from behind, when you're playing Green Bay, when you're in the playoffs; so they're the acid test. I give him a generally positive rating for that game, but to borrow a phrase from Denny Green, I'm not ready to crown his ass just yet :)

Listening to Tom Thayer, he had an interesting take on the running game that I hadn't considered: that it's generally easier to run the ball at home. Because of the reduced crowd noise, you can make more adjustments at the line of scrimmage and you can do more with the snap count to give your linemen a better jump. For that reason, he thinks the running game will be better on Sunday.

My recording turned out to be extended highlights - damn thought I had the complete game, but still not too bad. Fuller looks good, high tackle count, my God though our secondary is decimated...

Red zone defense was great. Rookies on defense - all stood up and were counted, Ferguson, Vereen, Sutton & Fuller.

I'm quite impressed by Allen too - might not be piling up the numbers sack wise, but he hustles & was up against in D'brick Ferguson (3 x pro bowl), added to the fact you need to contain Smith so can't just go all in for the sack every time. Smith I felt had a few occasions where he had just too much time in the pocket...

On the Jets - Jeez Rex Ryan throws some amount of looks at you, they are a tough team to play. The line deserves some credit & i was impressed how Jay shrugged of a few sacks - lucky one fumble was returned for TD, but we escaped, also Jeffrey was very (very) lucky to get a PI penalty, it should have been against him. On the other side in the Jets final drive (I think) the penalty on Bostic was incredibly harsh - so referee decisions tend to even out over season.

After the start against the bills with a run of @ 49ers, @ Jets, Vs Packers - I was picturing a potential 0-4 start, not there is a great chance of 3-1... One fear is A-Rod against such a banged up secondary...

padraig_f wrote: »

Listening to Tom Thayer, he had an interesting take on the running game that I hadn't considered: that it's generally easier to run the ball at home. Because of the reduced crowd noise, you can make more adjustments at the line of scrimmage and you can do more with the snap count to give your linemen a better jump. For that reason, he thinks the running game will be better on Sunday.

Also easier to run the ball when you're not facing the Jets D... I thought they were an impressive unit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,368 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Kyle Fuller Already Ahead of Schedule in Bright Young NFL Career
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2210533-kyle-fuller-already-ahead-of-schedule-in-bright-young-nfl-career.

Matt Bowen tape break down. Good read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭crunchie44

Scandalous calls by officials here. Questionable personal foul call gives Packers new set of downs after Bears had stopped them and then officials give Green Bay a 1st down when ball never came close to crossing the line and two plays later here TD. Officials making life really hard right now.

Yeah but Cutler didn't exactly cover himself in glory either. Bad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Lee_Torre

Detroit Lions 3-1, stuff it Bears....

Lee_Torre wrote: »

Go to an American sports forum if you want to act immature. We don't behave like that on Boards.

Lee_Torre wrote: »

What a productive addition to the conversation. You suck. No you suck. It's like being on youtube...

Worst pass rushing display you'll ever see.

And yeah, our safeties are still hot trash.

Jay could have had his first 3 game streak with no Interceptions, ah well. Instead he kept up his 2 interceptions per game average against them.

The sad thing is that's not a particularly good Packers team and we got mauled by them, at home.

Yeah but Cutler didn't exactly cover himself in glory either. Bad day.

Jay was outstanding in first half. Stood toe to toe with Rodgers trading scores. Then the officials made some silly calls and Bears were on back foot. We got caught trying to force the game and INT happened when we were being aggressive trying to get back in the game.

l find it hard to believe in this day and age that there is only 1 Camera facing along goal line.Bennett last play of 1st half looked like it may have crossed line but a Packers player was obstructing the camera view of the line. Surely they should have camera's covering the line from more than 1 spot. Had that been giving as TD, Bears would have been in front at HT. Thought the calls from officials were terrible

crunchie44 wrote: »
    Jay was outstanding in first half. Stood toe to toe with Rodgers trading scores. Then the officials made some silly calls and Bears were on back foot. We got caught trying to force the game and INT happened when we were being aggressive trying to get back in the game.

Yeah but why force it? There will be plenty of games we'll go behind - no excuse.

Outstanding the first half? It's a game of 2 halves - our offense laid a big duck egg (0.00 points) in the second half.

His stats prior to last night against the packers;

17 interceptions, a 65.1 passer rating in nine career regular-season games and has lost six straight games to them.

The passer rating might have improved a bit but not much else.

That's an awful packers D and for all the yards we put up, we only put 17 points on them.

I don't know why anybody bothers defending him at this stage tbh. We are going to be a nearly playoff team for the rest of his time here. We might sneak into one and be one and done. He just doesn't have the consistency - it's from the sublime to the ridiculous each week and back again. I find it all incredibly frustrating.

That was disappointing to say the least, I hate losing to the Packers.

- Pass-rush was particularly disappointing, Allen and Ratliff out, but thought there was enough depth there against an o-line that has struggled against other teams. Made zero impression.

- Major breakdowns in coverage. You think if you're not getting a pass-rush, you at least have decent coverage, but this wasn't the case (no pass-rush, plus breakdowns in coverage is a bad combination). Have to look to the DC here, more than one case where receivers ran completely free from the snap, seemed like mix-up in assignments. Plus if you're not getting a pass-rush with 4, blitz more.

- Run defense was decent.

Offense...

- On the interception to Marshall, Trestman said afterwards that Marshall ran the wrong route. Should've been a comeback and he ran a go-route. I guess a result of not practicing the last couple of weeks. Don't think there's anything the QB can do here, you have to throw it before he turns.

- Other interception to Morgan. It was a shallow slant route that the DB read and jumped. I saw some criticism of Morgan for running a bad route, but seemed to me it was one that Jay shouldn't have thrown. What do you guys think?

- Play before half-time, think it was 9 seconds left with no timeouts. Commentators said 'you throw it in the end-zone or you throw it away'. They threw it short of the end zone. Maybe partly on Bennett for running the wrong route, but having run the bad route, Jay probably shouldn't have thrown it to him.

- Apart from that, Bennett was good.

- Running game was good.

General...

- Refs were awful and I think the Bears came off worse from that.

- I liked the onside kick. Where your defense can't stop anything, giving up 20 yards is worth the risk to get the ball back.

- Pity they couldn't hold onto Rod Marinelli. I notice Dallas shut down the Saints' offense last night.

- 2-2, same as the Packers. It's probably fair, got some breaks against the 49ers and Jets, didn't get them yesterday.

- 2nd game in NFL history with no punts. At least the Packers have the excuse that they got 2 takeaways.

- 496 yards of offense, it's not all doom and gloom.

• Advertisement

First intercept is on Jay. We were walking through their D at will. Absolutely no need to take those chances. Second is on Marshall if what Trest and Jay are saying is true. It was a decent performance from Jay, this one is almost entirely on D.

Tucker mirrored the Lions’ template taking on Rodgers. Rush with 4 and go heavy in coverage. Problem is Frey, Jennings, the safeties and our linebackers couldn’t cover in a phonebox. And the Lions’ d-line is on a different stratosphere to ours. SO TRY SOME OTHER LOOKS FFS. Tucker mared it yesterday. Just awful.

Carey looks a player which is a positive. And I really like our offense still. To get by we need a full deck on the defense. Hopefully we get that in Charlotte.

He can't do anything right it seems. He doesn't smile, he gets attacked for that.

https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/516713391424278528

Oat23 wrote: »
    He can't do anything right it seems. He doesn't smile, he gets attacked for that.

https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/516713391424278528

Stuff like that is just pure stupid - couldn't give a f'uck about his personality it's his performance and stat lines that matter.

All 22 slideshow:
    http://chicagofootball.com/photos/2014/09/30/96582612/index.xml?view=1

Most of it ugly, but I do like the stuff they're doing off the Jeffery end-around. A bit similar to what the Seahawks are doing with Percy Harvin and the jet sweep. Shows in the first slide how they use it to open up the middle for a run.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Shango

Conte he just breaks my heart every time, needs to step up or step aside...

Any bears interested:
    .donedeal.ie/fieldsports-for-sale/nfl-chicago-bears-jersey/7551445

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2216519-marc-trestman-proving-to-be-great-offensive-mind-but-average-nfl-head-coach

Some interesting points - don't agree with all but do agree with the overall thought - great that he's nice and has made some improvements but it's time to put up the wins.

At the moment he seems like a reverse Lovie - can't hire the D staff to get results. (went through 3 D co-ordinators in Canada before hitting on one).

It's also disappointing that despite the yards put up this year we've put up 20, 28, 27 & 17 points. (23 PP per game average)

Also you have to register now but this thread pretty much shows just how truly shocking our DC truly is.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/54015-Mel-Tucker-still-****ing-sucks/page2

(ignoring the s'hite talk and focussing on the quality information)

We clearly needed to play some man coverage and not purely cover 2 zone.

The images are horrific watching, truly horrific - that isn't mix ups - it's pure f'ucking ineptitude from our DC.

Also you have to register now but this thread pretty much shows just how truly shocking our DC truly is.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/54015-Mel-Tucker-still-****ing-sucks/page2

(ignoring the s'hite talk and focussing on the quality information)

We clearly needed to play some man coverage and not purely cover 2 zone.

The images are horrific watching, truly horrific - that isn't mix ups - it's pure f'ucking ineptitude from our DC.

It would be a great forum if they would ban the idiots like that Omelet guy. He was intolerable on the Bears official forum too before they shut it.

These things have been happening for over a year now. He should never have been brought back. Fairly sure I posted here around 12 months ago saying injuries are no excuse when you watch the tape. They aren't doing the basics right and anyone on an NFL roster should be able to do the basics.

You were dead right anyway - some of the pictures on that thread are truly horrific - like a 5 year old trying to coach.

I caught a good few of the games last year but missed quite a few too as we had a new born. Had no time to rewatch properly so I can admit I was prepared to give him another chance with new personel etc.

However it's blatantly obvious from this season he is terrible - even though the defence did well in patches against the 9ers and Jets, it seems we are purely trying to stop the run (after last year). Teams were still moving the ball easy in the air (the Fuller interceptions against the 9ers papered a lot of cracks). That beating and points total was coming.

We've no hope of the playoffs with Tucker as DC imho. The Atlanta game will show it up again - i'm sure of it.

On CSS - I really like it, some great posts, posters and threads but likely all really active forums it tends to get off topic quickly and there are some real idiots and real meatballs. It's a matter of trying to sift through the rubbish.

• Advertisement

50/50 type of game tomorrow the team needs to win if it wants to make the playoffs. Carolina a bit banged up, down a few running-backs, d-line is apparently not what it was, and Newton is not 100%.

I noticed Kelvin Benjamin beasting it in the pre-season, and kicking myself I didn't go after him more in my fantasy teams. He's just moved into favourite for offensive rookie-of-the-year, with his early season performances. 6-5, big physical receiver, looks more like a tight-end than a WR.

Bushrod out at left-tackle after a training-ground injury and Michael Ola moves across, which could be a problem. Will probably call more running plays because of this. Let's hope they can repeat some of the running success from last week.

Marshall and Jeffery in full practice all week, which is good.

Ratliff still out, Allen probable, but I guess won't be 100%.
    Slauson questionable, Garza doubtful. Bit thin on the o-line there on top of the Bushrod injury.

Should still have enough to win if they put together a competent performance. Would be nice to get a 60-minute performance, which I don't think we've seen yet this season.

On Tucker, I guess they gave him the benefit of the doubt at the end of last season because it was his first season and with all the defensive injuries, but that looks to be a wrong call now. He's probably gone at the end of this season barring a dramatic turnaround, because if he isn't, Emery and Trestman will be putting thier own jobs in jeopardy.

@dabearsblog: "Marc Trestman must prove he's a head coach, not just great OC. Rex Ryan has to prove same on other side of ball. Join forces, boys."

Would be nice, but not gonna be an option til next season.

Quick question here. Speaking to friend at our usual nfl sunday drinks session. Anyone tell me the story with marquess wilson? I remember him getting injured, collarbone i think,but cant find anywhere how long he is out? Was excited at the thought of him lining up with Bennett marshall and jeffrey

crunchie44 wrote: »
    Quick question here. Speaking to friend at our usual nfl sunday drinks session. Anyone tell me the story with marquess wilson? I remember him getting injured, collarbone i think,but cant find anywhere how long he is out? Was excited at the thought of him lining up with Bennett marshall and jeffrey

He's on short term IR, can't return until Nov 9 at the earliest.

Useless call on the return to start. A perfectly legal block to set the corner for Santonio.

Joe D puts the special in special teams.

He's on short term IR, can't return until Nov 9 at the earliest.

Thanks. Shocking start here. Penalty on return. 3 negative run calls and now this. Terrible

• Advertisement

I give up with this team, it's a non stop comedy of f'ucking errors - you never know what is going to happen next. Joke

I give up with this team, it's a non stop comedy of f'ucking errors - you never know what is going to happen next. Joke

Add in the way officials are calling games now and I almost don't want to watch.

Truly horrific viewing. I don't enjoy watching football now.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Add in the way officials are calling games now and I almost don't want to watch.

Truly horrific viewing. I don't enjoy watching football now.

Our pass coverage is beyond awful. Every pass we make we have to gun it in as opposition stick tight yet when we defend WR are wide open unless fuller is on them-The rookie is showing them all up.

Unusual to see Forte fumble. Negative play calling cost us. Only once all game did Jay get opportunity to go long and it worked to Jeffrey. Spent rest of game with 5yard passes. Panthers were happy to let that happen. We need to stretch teams

Not even that disappointed, must be starting to check out on the season. Depressing thing is, this isn't a good Panthers team, their offense was very limited with Newton clearly hampered.

I think people who said it may be a bad idea to give Cutler $18m/year have some justification at this point. This was my fear with him in a Trestman offense....if Cutler's main strength is in his strong arm, are you getting $18m of value when you run a short-passing West Coast offense? Couldn't you get a lot of QBs to do that? Definitely haven't got value on that money so far.

The defense played well enough to win today (against admittedly limited offense). This is the kind of game you pay a QB $18m to win, and he threw two picks.

Yeah not to float my own boat but that and I'm pretty sure I predicted the offensive drop off with injuries etc.

Our so called high power offense hasn't topped 30 points in 5 games to date.

The panthers were fairly woeful until we gave them hope. We had loads of turnover and played with short fields and still only put 24 points on them.

It's the chicago circus clowns at present - from ST f'uck ups from minute one to missed field goals in front of the posts to interceptions and fumbles. Dropping dolly catches like Bennett's before that field goal. We should ahve had a TD there and game over. Game is never over with us though.

We just come across as an ill disciplined team that plays for short periods then literally falls asleep.

We've had opportunities to wipe out the Jets & Panthers but have literally stopped playing.

3 points in 2 halfs of football over last 2 weeks says it all really.

I've come to expect a comedy road show - was even explaining that to my father last night watching the game (a non NFL fan)

Passing over McCoy & Arians isn't looking Phil's best decision.

• Advertisement

Didn't see this before, quite a nice drive summary from the Tribune:

drive-chart.png

Look at that offensive effort in the 2nd half. Got two short-field touchdowns in the first half, nothing in the 2nd. So really the only full drive for a TD was that one at the end of the 1st quarter.

Like others I’ve detached myself from this team. Your heart would be broken if you were fully invested every week. There is nothing we do well consistently and the turning points of the game illustrate this well.

-The ST blunder. Words fail me. Joe, please do us all a favour and go.
    - Bennett’s failed block on a surefire TD on Forte’s long run. Embarrassing effort.
    - The Gould miss. Unforgivable
    - The second intercept. Awful, awful, awful throw.
    - Forte. Even he’s been infected.

The offense isn’t firing as well because they aren’t going against scrub defences week after leek like last year. Once Kuechly got going we had no clue what to do. I don’t even know what to say about our pass rush and pass coverage. It’s hard to watch at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Well what can you say about that game. It was a disaster. Cutler gets progressively worse as the game goes on then it just falls apart in the final quarter. Game should have been out of sight at half time. His contract is looking worse by the week.

Anyway next Sunday I'll be watching the game in a bar somewhere in Chicago so hopefully they'll play better but not holding out much hope. Then the following Sunday I'll be at my first game in Soldier Field so can't wait for that. Looking a the weather forecast and at the minute it looks like it's going to be cold for the game. I'll have to tailgate pretty hard to stay warm.

Here's my new theory on NFL player evaluation: people don't change.

Jay Cutler is still Jay Cutler.

Andy Dalton is still Andy Dalton.

Geno Smith is still Geno Smith.

Just think it's kind of a trap that people fall into, be they coaches, GMs or fans, they project too much. 'We can fix this part', when you can't.

Recent one that bemused me...people criticising the Bills for giving up on EJ Manuel after just over a season (the Bills won yesterday with Orton).

BzNdDdcCEAEKeZe.jpg

I think the mistake is usually the other way, teams hang on too long -- Jacksonville persisting with Blaine Gabbert, Minnesota persisting with Christian Ponder.

Hard to believe now, but the Browns were mocked when they traded Trent Richardson after two seasons, 'lol Browns'. They realised he wasn't going to improve, got a first-round pick for him, which turned out to be a great move.

Same with coaches...only thing that saved Tucker last year was that it was his first season with the team. It was a totally unacceptable performance, they projected he'd be better with less injuries. They didn't want to be rash firing him after one season, but I think after one season you should know.

Happens the other way too...only bright spot yesterday, Kyle Fuller. When someone's good, you see it straight away, it jumps off the page at you. You don't need to project.

What do you take from this? Evaluation period should be one season tops, if someone isn't delivering at the end of that, you move on. Maybe there are exceptions, but that's the percentage move.

I'm not slating the decision to resign Cutler, I get it, just think there was an arguable alternative. But when they signed him to the big contract, I don't think they envisaged him throwing the picks he did yesterday, and that was probably flawed thinking.

If the alternative to signing Jay was using our first on a QB then I’m happy with how we went. I’m in love with Fuller already.

They should have franchised Jay - it was clear as day at the time to me.

He played 11 games last year - some half injured, some coming back - so it was only fair to try give him a full season under Trestman. Also to prove his durability.

He showed signs of brilliance (as he always does to suck you back in )and improvement but then the usual. E.g. against the Lions.

So before you give him 5/6 years of $16m+ a year you say - show us you've got it over a full season, in big games and can get us to a play off. You have all the weapons in place offensively and you invest heavily in the D so that a playoff should be realistic.

He literally has no excuses (okay the odd Oline injury and a banged up receiver or two - but that is normal for any team in any given season - show me a team with no injuries) this year, so why they gave him the big contract first I'll never know.

His stats are better (interceptions aside) than before but it's the fact that he's throwing games away (literally) at key times and producing so many bad interceptions (tied jointly with host of others) that's of concern. It's not like the interceptions are cause we are playing a vertical offence - no way he should be throwing that many in a West coast offence - hitting 300lb linemen flat in the stomach for example.

He was outplayed by McCown last year yet they threw $16m per year at him.

I know everybody is terrified of not having at least an average QB but I long for the day where we have to draft one and we can move on from being a 7-9,8-8,9-7 team losing to the Packers.

Worst comes to worst and we suck with a drafted QB - well then we'll get another go at it the following year. There are always trade options too.

We are going nowhere at present.

http://www.chicitysports.com/2014/10/06/hate-2014-bears/

Love it, pretty much encapsulates my emotions and feelings yesterday and I'm sure most of yours too.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Anyone in here done the Soldier Field tour?...am in Chicago soon but not on Gameday unfortunately as I would have went and cheered on the bears. Time is limited but I fancied seeing a proper NFL ground with a bit of history..Is it worth a few hours? Im a Chargers fan so its not my mecca but thought it would be a cool thing to see.

Don't think it was intentional, but even Tim Jennings is calling out Tucker now:

Week 5 Rewind: Odd Coverages Lead To Bad Results For Bears

padraig_f wrote: »
    Don't think it was intentional, but even Tim Jennings is calling out Tucker now:

Week 5 Rewind: Odd Coverages Lead To Bad Results For Bears

Exact same as against packers, with two receivers wide (Cobb & Nelson) and one cornerback and a LBer in coverage (Bostic trying to cover Nelson) . Meanwhile Fuller is wide left doing sweet f'uck all.

And as always our safties miles miles too deep.

• Advertisement
Advertisement