Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing done right by Burger King in Tralee

Options
  • 01-04-2015 2:55am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭

3vQAdPJ.png

I think this is absolutely hilarious. The original review poster also seems like he expects some kind of international backlash for this and a massive payout. Hope we get to hear whether or not the person responsible was fired. Hope they aren't though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Lol.Emmet oh Connor ffs.
    *makes dice shuffling motion*
    That bk guy should be promoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭calanus

I agree, It is certainly well done but I do like mine to be medium rare

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Free ad for any food shop anywhere.

"Cheap Warm Meat For Lost Drunks"

It makes me hungry now and I'm rich and home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

im ringing Joe ...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Purveyor of sh*t food disses another purveyor of sh*t food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

You've never had an Angus burger then

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

XL bacon double cheeseburger is fine dining.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The guy who wrote the review comes across as a right little arsehole.

The BK guy deserves a promotion. He handled a moaning customer perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

XL bacon double cheeseburger is fine dining.

Thats haute cuisine. No doubt about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I actually laughed loudly in work, did not expect that, I love me some blunt direct humour :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

3vQAdPJ.png
    Hope we get to hear whether or not the person responsible was fired. Hope they aren't though.

Hopefully not. Now I wouldn't be a regular consumer of Fast Food, but I have had some fine burgers from burger King in the past. I've only tried McDonalds once and christ it was an insult. The 'burger' that was served up, would have probably been more suited to feeding a Hobbit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

This got posted on a couple of large Facebook pages and other forums, heading viral I'd say lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

The service in that drive thru is diabolical to say the least. I once sat for 20 minutes waiting to be served and there was only 1 other car in the queue. Ask anybody around tralee and they will give out stink about that Burger King.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

That was glorious in fairness. Wasn't expecting it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'm eating an XL Bacon Double later just to support them...

(That's a valid excuse... right?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

God bless Kerry folk and their bluntness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Posted this last week.
    McDonalds is one of the biggest buyers of Irish Bord Bia quality assured traceable beef. It's bacon comes from Dew Valley in Thurles. http://www.bordbia.ie

Supermacs and Burger King in the past have bought their beef from Rangeland food (I think Burger King stopped buying beef in Ireland when Rangeland was found to have equine meat) as do a lot of small takeaway business throughout the country.
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/r...rs-583639.html

I don't know the origins of the other ingredients but farmers who sell Quality Assured Irish beef are of the safest most trusted suppliers in the world. Burger King bought its beef from a meat factory that was caught selling horse meat.

That Burger King employee could end up getting sued for defamation. Hope so too. This employee should be sacked immediately. There's one thing you never do in business and that's abuse/criticise/blame the customer for your own failures/poor service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Chris___ wrote: »
    Posted this last week.

I don't know the origins of the other ingredients but farmers who sell Quality Assured Irish beef are of the safest most trusted suppliers in the world. Burger King bought its beef from a meat factory that was caught selling horse meat.

That Burger King employee could end up getting sued for defamation. Hope so too. This employee should be sacked immediately. There's one thing you never do in business and that's abuse/criticise/blame the customer for your own failures/poor service.

Buzz status: Totally killed

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Hopefully not. Now I wouldn't be a regular consumer of Fast Food, but I have had some fine burgers from burger King in the past. I've only tried McDonalds once and christ it was an insult. The 'burger' that was served up, would have probably been more suited to feeding a Hobbit.
    Mcdonalds know how to do a good burger they just don't always make the effort. There is a McDonalds in Galway (westside) that was utter muck. Then a year later I went back and it was better than any burger I've had in a fast food outlet before. It was a real burger with real meat and it was lovely. I haven't had a burger like it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Chris___ wrote: »
    That Burger King employee could end up getting sued for defamation. Hope so too. This employee should be sacked immediately

lol... no he couldn't.

Who did he 'defame'?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

You've never had an Anus burger then

You had one?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I'm eating an XL Bacon Double later just to support them...

(That's a valid excuse... right?)

I'll also join you in a delicious mouth watering stand of grease in all the right places solidarity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

3vQAdPJ.png

I think this is absolutely hilarious. The original review poster also seems like he expects some kind of international backlash for this and a massive payout. Hope we get to hear whether or not the person responsible was fired. Hope they aren't though.

He must not know it's a franchise, So unless the head CEO or directors say that. He will have to take it up with that restaurant.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

lol... no he couldn't.

Who did he 'defame'?

McDonalds, although I imagine that neither corporation would worry too much about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭lertsnim

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

McDonalds, although I imagine that neither corporation would worry too much about it.

Could saying that food is **** really amount to defamation, though? Is it not just a personal opinion? It's not like he made any specific claims about the product that could be disproved.

That's funny, coz another article states that they're giving away free pancakes as a sign of thanks for the support they're receiving

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/trending/burger-king-tralee-offers-free-pancakes-after-telling-customer-to-fk-off-and-eat-mcdonalds-sht-food-31110231.html

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Could saying that food is **** really amount to defamation, though? Is it not just a personal opinion? It's not like he made any specific claims about the product that could be disproved.
    The post said McDonalds food is shyte. That's a statement of fact rather than opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

ScumLord wrote: »
    The post said McDonalds food is shyte. That's a statement of fact rather than opinion.

You'd never, ever make a successful claim of defamation on those grounds. You need to be able to show how the defamation caused you a monetary loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Nope, still not defamation. Describing food as "sh1t" falls into the category of general abuse which is not covered by defamation laws. Accusing somebody of something that is capable of being demonstrated to be false, rather than just a subjective opinion would be defamation. If he had posted something like "go eat McDonald's burgers, which are made from roadkill badgers" then there would be a possible case to answer. As it is, unless "sh1t" was interpreted literally to mean "manufactured from faeces" he's probably ok.

Advertisement