Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIS for the second time-waiting time still 20 weeks?Mod warning post 437

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

jessiejam wrote: »
    If you are on maternity leave you won't get FIS anyway

that is incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kmscc

Tantan1305 wrote: »
    My renewal date is 31/05/12. I'm a little concerned now but then again maybe she just didn't want to tell me a specific date (postive thinking)
    I am the 23rd and honest to god if i don't get sorted this week i think i will go mad, I am trying to keep positive but with no money its getting very hard to do that, fingers crossed this week !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tantan1305

yabadabado wrote: »
    that is incorrect.

No I got my FIS when I was on maternity leave. Not sure if it was because I still get full pay from my job when I was on maternity leave.

No I got my FIS when I was on maternity leave. Not sure if it was because I still get full pay from my job when I was on maternity leave.
    It doesn't matter if you get paid from your employer while you're on Maternity,FIS is paid either way.

yabadabado wrote: »
    It doesn't matter if you get paid from your employer while you're on Maternity,FIS is paid either way.

Sorry I misread your answer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭broke1234

Yes fis is paid either way because I already looked into it.just would love to know if i'll finally get my fis money this week since there on the 31st.sorry on my phone so not sure what is text speak

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

broke1234 wrote: »
    Yes fis is paid either way because I already looked into it.just would love to know if i'll finally get my fis money this week since there on the 31st.sorry on my phone so not sure what is text speak

Sorry. I didn't think FIS was paid when you weren't in work. My apologies. Did you ring them at all to find out what the delay is?. I was on last week on hold for an hour and 23 mins and finally had to go because my phone went dead. But this morning I rang and I got through after 4 or 5 mins. Make sure and contact them again when your new baby is born, your payment will increase.
    I got my back money on a Friday as well so keep checking the bank. You'd never know. Hope you get sorted soon!

Oh im checking my bank the whole time.i'll have to ring again tomorrow and see what they say.glad to hear you got your money back!

Oh im checking my bank the whole time.i'll have to ring again tomorrow and see what they say.glad to hear you got your money back!
    Same as you checking my bank all the time, nothing again today, i am not ringing as i can't be on hold for ages on a mobile phone haven't got the credit, when am i ever going to get sorted :confused::confused: Did anyone ring today ?

Im just off the phone to them and there on the 31st of may now.im the 17th and was told mine is gone to my local office to an inspector.does anybody know how long this will take to sort out cause im so broke now really thought I would of got my money this week

• Advertisement

Im just off the phone to them and there on the 31st of may now.im the 17th and was told mine is gone to my local office to an inspector.does anybody know how long this will take to sort out cause im so broke now really thought I would of got my money this week
    That's probaly what's happening with mine too, otherwise i would have got it by now :(

It is different waiting periods for all offices,I think it comes down to the inspector who has it.I would call the office that it was sent to and talk directly to the inspector.
    FIS cant to anything with your payment until the inspector does their report.

I called to my local office and was told all inspectors are in a meeting which could last all day.the woman on the desk wasnt to helpfull but all I know is I cant go on maternity leave now next wed and just hope to god my fis is sorted quickly cause im due in 6 and a half more weeks and with my maternity benefit been looked into as well I just cant even afford to stop working for even an hour.i just hope I dont have this baby early cause i've so many bills to be paid at the moment its unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 namose

does anyone know what date their on now my renewal is july 22

Sorry. I didn't think FIS was paid when you weren't in work. My apologies. Did you ring them at all to find out what the delay is?. I was on last week on hold for an hour and 23 mins and finally had to go because my phone went dead. But this morning I rang and I got through after 4 or 5 mins. Make sure and contact them again when your new baby is born, your payment will increase.
    I got my back money on a Friday as well so keep checking the bank. You'd never know. Hope you get sorted soon!
    What was your date :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭aileach

I rang yesterday the 1890 number and the automated message said that new claims and renewals were taking 20 weeks, I did choose option 3 but after being on hold for 5 minutes I hung up, I couldn't afford to have all my credit eaten up on hold.

It is so frustrating that it takes so long - when you depend on FIS, 5 months without it is devestating!

What date are you waiting from.there working on the 31st of may this mornin if thats any help to you.mine is with my local office so have an even longer wait however long that will be I dont know.its so so hard trying to manage

kmscc wrote: »
    What was your date :confused:
    I was the 17th of May. It took 16 weeks. Fairly straight forward claim though, not a very big payment so not a lot of arrears. Saying that I have appealed it because I am earning less than last year yet my payment was less this year. Doesn't make any sense.

Gonna just hope for the best now I think and see what happens

I was the 17th of May. It took 16 weeks. Fairly straight forward claim though, not a very big payment so not a lot of arrears. Saying that I have appealed it because I am earning less than last year yet my payment was less this year. Doesn't make any sense.

Gonna just hope for the best now I think and see what happens

You got your back money Friday 31st is that right ?

I rang again today and I was told I should hear something by next week :D

• Advertisement

You got your back money Friday 31st is that right ?

No Friday the 24th

No Friday the 24th
    I am going to ring them this afternoon and see what the story is

does anyone know if u have to enclose ur tax cert with ur renewal,they never mentioned it on my letter and i didn't send it,
    only just thought of it now and don't want my application delayed because of it.

namose wrote: »
    does anyone know if u have to enclose ur tax cert with ur renewal,they never mentioned it on my letter and i didn't send it,
    only just thought of it now and don't want my application delayed because of it.

No I have never sent in my tax cert, don't think its needed

No I have never sent in my tax cert, don't think its needed
    thanks this is my first renewal so wasn't sure

Tax Cert is asked for but I think as long as your credits are in order on payslips/employer declaration it wont be looked for.If its needed they will ring/write to you.Probably as well to send in a photocopy of the back of the tax cert where it gives your credits/allowances.

They are processing 31/3/2012 claims .

Has anyones elses renewel been sent to a local inspector?do they call out to inspect or do ya get called in for an interview or what way does it work?just wondering what kind of time will I be waiting to hear from them.so desperate to get my money sorted now

I am going to ring them this afternoon and see what the story is
    On the phone for over half an hour yesterday ran out of credit so still none the wiser, was going to ask my local family resource centre to give them a ring for me ?? good or bad idea :confused::confused:

On the phone for over half an hour yesterday ran out of credit so still none the wiser, was going to ask my local family resource centre to give them a ring for me ?? good or bad idea :confused::confused:

tbh if you didn't get paid today and your date was 23/5/12 there must be some problem with the claim.
    Maybe get MABS or citizens info to ring them on your be half or call to the local office they will also get the info for you.

You could also try sending them an email.

I was told before the best time to ring is around 4.00 to 4.30 as the phones are much quieter in the evening but dont try after 5.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know what the email address is for the FIS office?

Advertisement