Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lifehacking pics - Simples.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

2395_43e5.gif

Who holds the carton that high and far away from the glass in the first place lol?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

now i can have milk everyday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

now i can have milk everyday
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

tricky D wrote: »
    ddf0c6a9-81d3-45e6-93c9-40db518cbe85.jpg

unbelievable.. I have several pictures to hang this weekend, this will come in handy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭red_0007

Bazmo* posted this over on the funny gifs thread, but it deserves to be here
    BaZmO* wrote: »
    2014-02-11-how-to-peel-an-orange-animation-680x324.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭frippy

red_0007 wrote: »
    Bazmo* posted this over on the funny gifs thread, but it deserves to be here

Very cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

7LsMJjf.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

http://i.imgur.com/8XhXYW4.mp4

How to wrap a present the Japanese way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

no picture as its only an idea, but one way to keep water costs down,
    toilets....
    stick the cistern on the outside wall to collect water from the rain gutter outside. Only to be used on rainy days. also if you are one of those double flushers then this is not for you. lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

kupus wrote: »
    no picture as its only an idea, but one way to keep water costs down,
    toilets....
    stick the cistern on the outside wall to collect water from the rain gutter outside. Only to be used on rainy days. also if you are one of those double flushers then this is not for you. lol.

There are already systems like this available:

http://www.phoenixsailingcharters.com/rainwater.htm

but to be honest, with the cost of setting up something like this, you will probably only start saving money after a decade or more (at which point you'd probably have sold the house!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

But it is a good move if you want to reduce your impact on the environment..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭KAGY

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭jessie_pinkman

nice

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

5PDAiL.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

7692_c00c.gif

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's a brilliant idea, but wouldn't the weight of a cow activate the gate too?

Cows hate those cattle grids on the ground, they never walk on them, most houses out in rural areas in this country have them in the driveway aswell. Anyway the car will weigh about a ton, animals will be lighter, the engineer could just add weight until its balanced properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

The weight of several cows maybe, it'd be interesting to try and build

I know they hate grids, but they're usually metal, I didn't think they'd mind wooden grids too much. But you're making a good point, it'd be a matter of calculating the right 'tilting' weight, so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3938591.stm
    Hungry sheep on the Yorkshire moors have taught themselves to roll 8ft (3m) across hoof-proof metal cattle grids - and raid villagers' valley gardens.

That Shaun is a smart cookie... :D

Reminds me of this:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

New Home wrote: »
    I know they hate grids, but they're usually metal, I didn't think they'd mind wooden grids too much. But you're making a good point, it'd be a matter of calculating the right 'tilting' weight, so to speak.

I think the calculations would be pretty hard for a cow. Might be easier if they Just walking around through the big gaps on either side. :p

8486_9773.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Mellor wrote: »
    I think the calculations would be pretty hard for a cow. Might be easier if they Just walking around through the big gaps on either side. :p

A lot of major out back roads in Australia don't bother with metal grids anymore - they just paint lines on the Tarmac - cattle think it's a grid-

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement

8486_9773.gif

Wow - there's design for ya - (and deft assembly)

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭garancafan

Itzy wrote: »
    5PDAiL.jpg

Would go better on short grass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭KAGY

Itzy wrote: »
    5PDAiL.jpg

Not as much of a hack but here's a rotary version
    Sunkyong-Cycle-Mower.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

The pedal powered mower just looks epic.

82afb2479bd4060dfee2dc6dcb968d97.gif

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Custom Painting

that table is excellent, where can I get it?

thinkwoodworks.net seems to be the website written across the gif...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Custom Painting

yeah they're selling the plans so one could build it himself..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Yeah, gotta agree, awesome table alright :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

KAGY wrote: »
    Not as much of a hack but here's a rotary version
    Sunkyong-Cycle-Mower.jpg

Continuing on with the same theme...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Are these still life hacks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I found this out a few years ago when I was getting fitted for a new pair of runners, but it just showed up in my newsfeed this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Saw this on Facebook.... Very handy

3923_1459.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

• Advertisement

This is a real life hack, so simple and yet so effective - it's a relative of the soup stone!

IRON FISH

Sorry, I know, I know, I posted a video and a link, so here's one of the pictures...

volunteer.jpg

Whats the Soup Stone do? Google results are polluted by the old folk tale...

Thargor wrote: »
    Whats the Soup Stone do? Google results are polluted by the old folk tale...

Yes, that's exactly the Soup Stone I meant. You put the stone in water, add lots of yummy ingredients, and hey presto, you've got soup, all thanks to the stone. The Lucky Iron Fish is similar, in the sense that you add it to whatever you're cooking, and hey presto, an iron-full meal. :)

Ah right, I was picturing some stone you boiled in water to make nutritious soup over and over again, like those "Feed A Family For A Year" emergency buckets :D

http://www.gofastandlight.com/1-Year-Food-Supply-25-Year-Shelf-Life/productinfo/B-WFOOD/

augason-emergency-food-supply-kits.jpg

Perfect for the zombie apocalypse...

Cone of shame makeover

268639.jpg

tumblr_nsvk3v4Z4H1sa4vz3o1_500.png

New Home wrote: »
    tumblr_nsvk3v4Z4H1sa4vz3o1_500.png

Or - if you've got that much forethought -just bring some firelighters !

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Markcheese wrote: »
    Or - if you've got that much forethought -just bring some firelighters !

But these would be waterproof, would occupy less space, and nothing would happen if they got into contact with food. Other than that, you're absolutely right. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Why not just dip firelighters in wax if we're going to the trouble of finding a bucket of melted wax to dip ship in.

Advertisement