Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers on Tour - is there a doctor in the house?

• 04-02-2014 3:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Loungers love science is locked! Waaaah! :(

But luckily, there is still cake.
    happy-face.jpeg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I couldn't think of a title. I approve of this one. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

But now we get a shiny new thread :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

So who else is on tour? I'm currently sitting in my hostel in Windhoek Namibia looking out at the rain and making the most of the free WiFi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

I couldn't think of a title. I approve of this one. :D

I took longer thinking of the title than anything else.
    I do like the new thread.
    /strokes thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Can we take it places with us? Like cakes on parade??

BirthdayParCake.jpg

• Advertisement

Daisies wrote: »
    So who else is on tour? I'm currently sitting in my hostel in Windhoek Namibia looking out at the rain and making the most of the free WiFi.

Every time you post I get really jealous of you!
    I picked loungers on tour cuz it seems like there are more loungers outside of Ireland than in it.
    But now that I think about it, loungers all over the world would have been better!

I think you win at being on tour!

I'm on the train, somewhere between Dublin and Kildare. Does that count?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

New thread smell! Yay! \o/

I am heading back to the US on business next week. Does that count? No where near as cool as Namibia... :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I think you win at being on tour!

I'm on the train, somewhere between Dublin and Kildare. Does that count?

Totally counts.

How so Joe, I wouldn't be too jealous, I'm camping at the hostel and it's cold and rainy. Although heading to Cape Town this week which I am ultra excited about.

• Advertisement

We could call it lounging around the world. I'm currently lounging on a couch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Loungers - The Global Edition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I'm lounging in bed! Have to get up soon as my dad will be home and he's very anti-lounging!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

We could call it lounging around the world. I'm currently lounging on a couch.
    I'm not lounging on a couch. I'm sitting on a couch with my laptop on my lap (ha) and work open beside me.

Do science, they said. Be grand, they said. Gah.

On the upside, PhD officially in the bag. Had an email to say it's been approved by academic council. I will celebrate by doing more work! Yeay!

:(

(despite my rant-like post, I am chuffed and wouldn't change my "profession" for the world)

sullivlo wrote: »
    I'm not lounging on a couch. I'm sitting on a couch with my laptop on my lap (ha) and work open beside me.

Do science, they said. Be grand, they said. Gah.

On the upside, PhD officially in the bag. Had an email to say it's been approved by academic council. I will celebrate by doing more work! Yeay!

:(

(despite my rant-like post, I am chuffed and wouldn't change my "profession" for the world)

Congratulations Dr Sullivlo!!

I thought this meant we were going on a holiday :(

Congrats on being a doctor!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

"Your love is like bad medicine,
    Bad medicine is what I need (whoa)
    Shake it up, just like bad madicine
    There ain't no doctor that can cure my disease".

Every time I read the thread title, that's what I'll end up singing.

bluewolf wrote: »
    I thought this meant we were going on a holiday :(

We could go on holidays? I'm thinking Butlins? I've a bucket and spade at the ready and am good to go whenever!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Mars Bar wrote: »
    "Your love is like bad medicine,
    Bad medicine is what I need (whoa)
    Shake it up, just like bad madicine
    There ain't no doctor that can cure my disease".

Every time I read the thread title, that's what I'll end up singing.

Was that necessary?!

*succumbs to earworm*

*glares at Mars Bar*

• Advertisement

Was that necessary?!

*succumbs to earworm*

*glares at Mars Bar*

If I'm going down then I'm bringing someone with me! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Mars Bar wrote: »
    If I'm going down then I'm bringing someone with me! :D
    We're all just a whim away from singing The Lion Sleeps Tonight. A whim a way, a whim away...

/makes a swift exit.../

We're all just a whim away from singing The Lion Sleeps Tonight. A whim a way, a whim away...

/makes a swift exit.../

Give me Bad Medicine any day!

I love Pete Seeger. I like him so much that I did a project in college where I had to dissect three of his songs and recreate them in Midi and The Lion Sleeps Tonight was one of them. It left me scarred!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I'm just back from my tour. Won't be anymore for me for a while! :-(

I see ladies will be in d'Aviva. Come visit me and feel sorry for me having to work if you are!

Gutted.

I applied for a position online. It needed me to do aptitude tests. I tried them yesterday, got halfway thru and my computer froze. I contacted the company and told them. They replied at 4 saying they reset my account. I got the email at 5.30 on my way home. So I missed the deadline.

My application, which took me weeks to prepare, will not be considered.

Edit: I am fully aware that this is my own fault. Just an awful hard way to learn a lesson.

Oh no, sullivlo... I don't really know what to say! :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

sullivlo wrote: »
    Gutted.

I applied for a position online. It needed me to do aptitude tests. I tried them yesterday, got halfway thru and my computer froze. I contacted the company and told them. They replied at 4 saying they reset my account. I got the email at 5.30 on my way home. So I missed the deadline.

My application, which took me weeks to prepare, will not be considered.

Edit: I am fully aware that this is my own fault. Just an awful hard way to learn a lesson.

Could you ring them and explain that you only got the email late and ask if they'd accept a late application?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Ahh new thread! I was wondering why I wasn't getting updates :)

Fairly sure my roof is going to blow off in this storm - or at the very least the electricity will go. eep!

Sorry to hear that Sullivlo, but well done on your doctorness!

Took the dog for a walk. Am frozen solid now. Brrr.

• Advertisement

Could you ring them and explain that you only got the email late and ask if they'd accept a late application?

Been onto them. They won't accept a late application but encouraged me to apply next year.

Their loss ;)

Holy headache batman! It is only Tuesday and work is grinding me down this week.

I absolutely hate political infighting and want no part of it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I spent most of today thinking it was Wednesday and I had the day off tomorrow!

Lola92 wrote: »
    I spent most of today thinking it was Wednesday and I had the day off tomorrow!

That sucks. I hate when that happens. Or when you wake on a Monday and think it's a Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

LenaClaire wrote: »
    I am heading back to the US on business next week. Does that count? No where near as cool as Namibia... :(

Lucky you heading to the states working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Oooh new thread! :D

I come with good news.. I was offered a year long contract in work today, I'm escstatic!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

A thanks isn't enough.

WOO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I come with good news.. I was offered a year long contract in work today, I'm escstatic!!!! :D

Delighted PP!!!!

I'm so happy I could cry! It's just so nice not to have to feel like I need to make excuses or feel paranoid when I'm talking about work anymore. I have a job!!! :D

I'm so happy I could cry! It's just so nice not to have to feel like I need to make excuses or feel paranoid when I'm talking about work anymore. I have a job!!! :D

That is fantastic! Congratulations :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Well done PP!

• Advertisement

Fantastic news, PP. Delighted for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Discovered TOM had arrived as I was heading out to the pool, thought feck it, I'm still going and swam 22 lengths, which is impressive to me! :P Got natural yoghurt as well, the lowest sugar content I could find was two grams. but since most of them, were 6g per 100g thought it was better than nothing!

Discovered TOM had arrived as I was heading out to the pool, thought feck it, I'm still going and swam 22 lengths, which is impressive to me! :P Got natural yoghurt as well, the lowest sugar content I could find was two grams. but since most of them, were 6g per 100g thought it was better than nothing!

Well done! 22 lengths is good going! It doesn't matter if it's 2 or 22, if you enjoyed it and feel better for it, then it's a great thing!

What's the natural yoghurt for? Any reason for low sugar content? I'm on a serious health buzz - I've lost ~ 8 kg so far.

Good woman PP, well done!

It feels so nice to be sat inside in my sweats with the wind and rain howling outside. It would be even nicer if I could read a book or watch tv rather than studying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Congrats, am delighted for you! :)

So it seems I had two panic attacks. My anxiety is playing up, and that is what caused them.

I have to take three xanax a day for a few days along with other meds for my anxiety :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

The #CorkFloods twitter feed is mad. I'm sat here warm and cozy but deeply missing a fire.

Toast4532 wrote: »
    I have to take three xanax a day for a few days along with other meds for my anxiety

Don't worry about the Xanax. It got me through some of the hardest and lowest days of my life. It's medicine just like everything else.

*hugs for Toast* :)

Hugs, Toast. Do whatchu gotta do to feel better and take it easy on yourself x

PP, excellent news. Being busy is the best complaint. And you *will*be busy, if the last few weeks are anything to go by! :D

Yep, it's gonna be busy but bring it on I say! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Congrats PP, great news for you, especailly since you get to work in what you love rather than having to settle for something else.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement