Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rowing boat conversion to sailing dinghy

• 18-10-2015 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

This is an old fibreglass rowing boat which I am converting to a sailing dinghy.

All the timber is rotted and needs to be replaced . I have located aluminium boom which needs to be extended to make a mast . I have a tiller and a sail. The sail needs to be reshaped cut and stitched .
    I have made a center board from solid elm also have to complete the center board casing and cut a slot in the bottom of the boat.

I made a launching trolley and attached some handlebars from an old bike

I am try to locate an old sailing dinghy to get some more parts

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Interesting project, if you like you can PM me some photos of your project and I will post them up for the other sailor types :) to look at and point you in the right direction.
    Try some of your local sailing clubs they might have an old dinghy.

Advertisement