Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Direct Democracy Ireland: the split?

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Endthescam wrote: »
    To be honest I feel sorry for some irish people. They have been so conditioned, and their parents before , to follow the Ff or FG line that they can't spot the obvious. They see a few posters that set out to demonise an alternative voice and join in. I was told by an ex FG insider about their massive social media teams that are used for this very purpose. Please ignore them and make up your own mind,

Genuinely have no idea how my parents vote, maybe there are some family where the vote is 'passed down' but I don't know any such people.

Also I'd have thought Jeffrey has more output on social media than the entire FG organisation, like he'd 50 new postings in 90 minutes on Friday afternoon. And thats only on his main bookface page, he has over 60 pages I think.
    I'm not here to say who I am or who I'm not. I will say that Iknow the person you're talking about but I'm not giving an opinion on him good or bad.

I will try and counter some of the professional FG liars that populate this website.

This thread is about DDI and its split into IDP, UP and various other organisations. I don't think anyone has actually lied in the either thread, either professionally or amateurly, merely posted facts that are out in the open, or links to what DDI/IDP/UP say on their own websites. If there are any lies then feel free to point them out.

But welcome to the thread anyway, it'd be good to have an opposing viewpoint and hopefully everyone will treat you courteously.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I'm not here to say who I am or who I'm not. I will say that Iknow the person you're talking about but I'm not giving an opinion on him good or bad.

I will try and counter some of the professional FG liars that populate this website.

Let's hope you do.

But (and I mean no offence to you) Jeff Rudd has a fairly distinctive style of childish prose. Kinda huff and puff, nonsense with intent, all threat no action, all mystery no reality. A bullsh1tting fantasist deluding himself that people with half a head would believe him.

I'm sure you're not like that but with this post you do sound a bit like him but hopefully you can square that up in your future posts (on this thread with regards to the topic of the thread).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Yes, let's hope this mysterious new poster doesn't turn out to be a complete bulldink talker like Mr Rudd.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Endthescam

It stands to to reason that when a single man takes on the very structures of power, they will and have done everything they can to silence him. Politiics is dirty but you have no idea how dirty. If I were to start a thread dedicated to abusing and ridiculing one person, a normal person not some figurehead, on boards how long would it remain there? A day?

This thread has gone on for years at this stage with largely one man the target. Why is that? Why were the rules changed for this person? Google Fallon and Distilled Media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

Maybe this new poster is a member of UP?
    I hope so because it would be nice to hear from a member of this organisation. We only ever hear from Mr Rudd which suggests to me that he is a power hungry control freak that would run a mile from sensible discourse.

• Advertisement

It stands to to reason that when a single man takes on the very structures of power, they will and have done everything they can to silence him. Politiics is dirty but you have no idea how dirty. If I were to start a thread dedicated to abusing and ridiculing one person, a normal person not some figurehead, on boards how long would it remain there? A day?

This thread has gone on for years at this stage with largely one man the target. Why is that? Why were the rules changed for this person? Google Fallon and Distilled Media.

I'm anti Rudd because the liar tried to swindle me out of my vote.

But the rules haven't changed for Jeff Rudd. Anyone that come looking for another's vote is open to scrutiny. Anyone trying to swindle people out of their votes are open to ridicule.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Ben, DDI and the Hub get plenty of comments here also.
    Lets remember that Jeffrey has 35000 posts on this site, and abused many of us during his time here, so its not surprising that he gets some attention.

Do you (or indeed, Jeffrey) genuinely think we are employed by the powers that be to silence him. FFS he got 112 votes in the council elections making him one of the worst performing candidates in the country. He hardly needs silencing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Do you (or indeed, Jeffrey) genuinely think we are employed by the powers that be to silence him. FFS he got 112 votes in the council elections making him one of the worst performing candidates in the country. He hardly needs silencing.

If anything this thread has raised his profile. I love reading it, brings a smile to my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

What have Distilled and the Fallons got to do with JR being called out for the bullsh1tting fantasist that he is, endthescam?

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

What have Distilled and the Fallons got to do with JR being called out for the bullsh1tting fantasist that he is, endthescam?

Thanks in advance.

It's a conspiracy you see. He's had it confirmed his phone has been tapped and that the guys at Facebook hq are trying to shut him up.

His vague goals have the establishment quaking in their boots

• Advertisement

Wonder how he got on with the book. Some man to produce such a magnum opus in only five days. What a worker!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

In fairness there is no global conspiracy against any of these fringe political groups. Most people have the ability to filter through the crap put out by mainstream and fringe parties. Just because people do not agree with you does not make them political plants. If you have something concrete to say besides the same old fringe rhetoric then please by all means come out with it in simple plain English. And if you have some obscure references to perceived slights/conspiracy theories or other could you summarise them for those of us not in the know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

Just because people do not agree with you does not make them political plants
    Exactly. That cheap silencing tactic gets trotted out far too much. It's being used on AH at the moment on the Cowan thread.
    I have never voted Fine Gael (but I now consider them to have a lot more integrity than the shower of gangsters before them) in my life.

A "single man takes on the very structures of power".

There's a movie in there somewhere, albeit a pretty crap one.

Like a few people here I've been blocked from asking a few simple questions from his numerous FB pages. Simple questions asked get deleted.
    I've whittled down some questions I'd love to hear JR answer:

How old were you when you passed your driving test?

What was your favourite car (that you bought)?

How many countries have you been in that requires a passport (e.g.- not Britain or N.I.) ?

When was the last time you were engaged in full-time employment and by that I mean a non government subsidised job. I don't think you were in the civil service so I mean a job in the private sector. A job you won. A job you applied for, interviewed for and a job you got. When was the last time you were in gainful employment, and don't squirm out of the question by job-bridge etc.
    You know the question.

Simple questions anyone asking for a person's vote should be able to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

i've tried to engage Mr Rudd on numerous occasions and each and everytime when I sought clarification on some argument or point he was trying to put across I was ignored, blocked and all questions deleted. I have even sent direct emails to UP and have received no answers. I have also tried to contact DDI on a couple of occasions but for some reason they have chosen not to reply or engage.

It is quite clear to me that these people have absolutely no substance outside of populating social media with meaningless rhetoric and waving banners at protests.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Endthescam

Why should I answer questions that are personal and aim to damage my reputation?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

Why should I answer questions that are personal and aim to damage my reputation?

Jeff ... I wouldn't be too interested in humberklog's questions .. however I do take issue with how you fail to reference sources for a lot of your Facebook posts and articles .. how you put your website URL over cut and paste articles from newspapers without referencing the source pager .. and how you ridicule the main stream media for being biased .. except when they publish something you agree with and then that bias seems to disappear.

Did you ever post that apology or clarification after you posted a satirical article about enda kenny opening an ice cream stall thinking it was a genuine article and subsequently made some very disparaging remarks based on it? Or are you above apologies?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Thread seems to be have more to do with personal clashes than politics at this stage. I can't see it ending well so I think we'll leave it there.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement