Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jehovah's Witnesses

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Are JW's allowed to drink alcohol, eat pork etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Are JW's allowed to drink alcohol, eat pork etc?

Jehovahs witnesses YES, jews, pork NO drink????

Jehovah's witnesses can drink alcohol only in moderation they are not permitted to get drunk.

Yet my dad was an alcoholic and so were his parents and one brother. They didn't let anyone know that they liked the drink, only the family knew and it was a big secret. My dads traumatic childhood drove him to drink and drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Had some young J dubs in my class. A big part of their philosophy is that the only thing you can 'celebrate' is him above( if you believe that cr@p in the first place).
    The parents gave me a leaflet about their beliefs and norms etc, so when it was father's day or mother's day, I would be helping the other little kids making their cards and gluing stuff etc. etc. but I was to give the j dubs some puzzles or other thing to do as those kind of days are manmade celebrations and play no part in their lifestyle.
    Same with birthdays or school plays. We had to section them off somewhere else as the rest of the school had the party or did the play, performance etc. It's a fairly dull life style from what I can understand and I hope for their sakes there is some ever lasting heaven type place for them or else they will have completely wasted their time on earth.
    Also a thing that bothered me a bit was when the subject of christmas came up (they were 5 year old kids) and one of the jdubs says that he is going to heaven and the christmas celebrating rest of us were going to see hell (he didn't know that word but he managed to express it and mentioned the animal/monster we would be living with( the devil I guess). Sweet kids but the parents are so 'focused' in their belief I think it can only stifle their kids lives and limit (to some degree) their friendships and outside experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭FinnLizzy

Saw two of them tramping around in north Belfast yesterday. They must have really pissed jehovah off to be assigned that beat.

Were they Catholic Jehovah's Witnesses or Protestant Jehovah's Witnesses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I got a lecture from them some time back about the metits of whole grained bread above all things.
    Bloody Hovis Witnesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Smeefa

There was a JW in my secondary school class - one of the nicest guys you'll meet.

He never tried to convert or even talked about his beliefs until we started pestering him, wanting to know who Jehova was and was he allowed "pleasure" himself... He was grand with it all, answered all our questions!

Only thing was he NEVER came out if we were drinking or anything, stuck with his own friends from church or whatever I guess.. Since finishing school he seemed to disappear off the face of the earth, no one has seen him since the Leaving cert!

Advertisement