Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

"BMW" Mini

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

A poor car in general then???Will any bmw diehards admit to that??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Nevvah!

IMHO they're a pretty ordinary, pretty cramped hatchback with an extra-ordinary pricetag. I consider Golf GTis to be ridiculously priced but a decent performing car for the money. The 1 on the other hand will cost an arm and a leg for GTi performance. Having said that, the 120d is a quick and frugal little thing for people with no more than one friend and no weekly shopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Zonda999 wrote: »
    A poor car in general then???Will any bmw diehards admit to that??

To me it's akin to paying a few grand for manure. Manure with a badge on it!

1 series = pointless car

And the "new" coupe and cabrio does nothing to change that

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

I clicked the quote button so I cant see how I could have mis-quoted you??

You said I was arse licking BMW's...........point out where I did that?

The point is that I am not blindly defending BMW's. On the contrary, I have done the opposite.

It has to be asked, why do you hate an inanimate object (BMW Car) so much?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

1 series = pointless car

And the "new" coupe and cabrio does nothing to change that

The 1-series coupe looks like a 3-series shrank in the wash, but not evenly!

hey Zonda999, just to keep this thread entertaining, can you qualify the 5 series suumbags comment you made above?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I clicked the quote button so I cant see how I could have mis-quoted you??
    Because this is the internet and I can "unsay" things: I said something and took it back. Several minutes later you quoted me as saying it.
    You said I was arse licking BMW's...........point out where I did that?
    I didn't mention you specifically. You took me up that way. You work on BMWs for a living, so it's not surprising.
    The point is that I am not blindly defending BMW's. On the contrary, I have done the opposite.
    You've given us your philosophy on cars, which is fine, but I don't have to agree with it.
    It has to be asked, why do you hate an inanimate object (BMW Car) so much?
    It has to be asked: when I say something about BMW that can be construed as negative why do people jump down my throat? I have no problem with BMW cars.. as cars they're generally quite good, usually not class leaders, but very often blindly over-rated, and have a higher than average proportion of owners who are w@nkers from what I can see.

Sorry if i offended you MR DIAGNOSTIC.That was just my two cents as it were.I'm sure that the vast majority of 5 series owners are not scumbags at all.I'll take back that comment if its upset you so much.After all they are just "inanimate" objects as another user has said.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=856985

52 grand for a 1 series diesel.Its not even the most powerful diesel and the particular car does'nt even have sat nav...Would you be well?????

JHMEG wrote: »
    BMW cars.. as cars they're generally quite good, .

at last, something we can agree on :)

hey, dont blame me, its the internet and I can quote what i want :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

at last, something we can agree on :)

hey, dont blame me, its the internet and I can quote what i want :)
    I knew you were a BMW fanboy, and would blurt it out sooner or later;)

Sorry if i offended you MR DIAGNOSTIC.That was just my two cents as it were.I'm sure that the vast majority of 5 series owners are not scumbags at all.I'll take back that comment if its upset you so much.After all they are just "inanimate" objects as another user has said.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=856985

52 grand for a 1 series diesel.Its not even the most powerful diesel and the particular car does'nt even have sat nav...Would you be well?????

Dont worry, didnt upset me at all. i was just wondering if there was any actual reasoning behind it. Seems not.

I am not so sure there are many 5 series being driven by inanimate objects though :)

JHMEG wrote: »
    I knew you were a BMW fanboy, and would blurt it out sooner or later;)

Ahh, but you see I am a fanboy..................of cars!
    I like some BMW's some Mercs and a few others. I am even looking online for a Honda right now.

I am not so sure there are many 5 series being driven by inanimate objects though :)

This is being driven by an inanimate object.Its not a 5 series but close enough

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=t2y3Y14PVgY

Advertisement