Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facebooks Airline Manager

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Am going to sell off a few of my stagnant shares from my portfolio, so I'll be looking to reinvest. Anyone worth buying into?
    Give me the hard sell/plans for domination of the skies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭hugoline

Samson wrote: »

TBH if you want to dominate the skies by making most profit, you are better of investing in a new aircraft/route rather than investing in shares (and you will actually dominate the skies :))

(If you however have too much money, there are still shares available in Xandaer Airlines. It will cost you an arm and a leg though)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭gaff85

Am going to sell off a few of my stagnant shares from my portfolio, so I'll be looking to reinvest. Anyone worth buying into?

Frayah Express

hugoline wrote: »
    TBH if you want to dominate the skies by making most profit, you are better of investing in a new aircraft/route rather than investing in shares (and you will actually dominate the skies :))

I disagree. I think you are under-estimating the usefulness of the share trading aspect within Airline Manager.
    Some of the airlines I have invested in have given me huge return.

For example, I bought El Coyote Airlines at 0.16, they are know trading at 129.22 which is an extremely good return on a very low risk investment. Plus, someone else is doing the work.

At the maximum share amount purchased (200,000), were those shares to go up just a bit more I could sell out and buy a B787-3 with the proceeds, and it would have effectively only cost me $32K to buy!

I disagree. I think you are under-estimating the usefulness of the share trading aspect within Airline Manager.
    Some of the airlines I have invested in have given me huge return.

For example, I bought El Coyote Airlines at 0.16, they are know trading at 129.22 which is an extremely good return on a very low risk investment. Plus, someone else is doing the work.

Are you one of them bankers that got this country into trouble? :D;)

If you use the green jersey index, you can calculate the daily average increase in the shares of some of the players. This is between 12% and 16% per day for active players.
    For El Coyote Airlines, the earliest entry I could find is 56 days ago at $15.88 and it's $129.22 now. (That translates to a less than 4% increase per day. Granted, the airline is probably inactive by now but also only showed a 15% increase per day over the 10 days data was entered).

On the other hand, if you invest the money in a Dassault Mercure (Ok, the initial cost at $813'093 is probably a bit higher than your share investment, but there are also cheaper planes available), after adding all the cost of fuel, tax and staff, you get a return on your first flight of 127'500, or almost 15%, and that is after 2 hours!
    If you fly the plane twice a day, over 28% return; .... 5 times: 65% return and so on.
    After nine flights (or a days hard work), the plane and all costs are paid off and nice profits from then on....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

Macers wrote: »
    Hi lads,

I'm investing in 5 A380s tonight at about 8pm if anyone fancies making a quick buck (even just for the gain on the increase for aircraft) if anyone is interested - search Flaunt Airlines

Another 5 A380s being invested in at 8pm tomorrow (8th February) evening if anyone wishes to invest for a quick buck - 'Flaunt Airlines'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

South Meath Airlines looking for investors.
    Stock currently at 50.29(which is artifically a bit low die to just purchasing a lot of fuel to get the achievement). have 700m in the bank to buy a few more a380/ 747 planes later today so price should rise then.
    Also looking for a few companies to invest in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 josephgriffin

Have invest in South Meath and Flaunt.

Have decided to rejion Airline Manager.

Griffair
    Your Airline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

lads, whats the story with the billboards.

Logged in to get my cheap billboards but they're asking $ 40,843 for the top rank billboard (20 international airports). seems to be 3 billboard versions in all now.

• Advertisement

The advertising has changed a bit, its never cheap anymore. Fuel is the same. There are new advertising options, havent sussed it out yet!

hugoline wrote: »
    Are you one of them bankers that got this country into trouble? :D;)

If you use the green jersey index, you can calculate the daily average increase in the shares of some of the players. This is between 12% and 16% per day for active players.
    For El Coyote Airlines, the earliest entry I could find is 56 days ago at $15.88 and it's $129.22 now. (That translates to a less than 4% increase per day. Granted, the airline is probably inactive by now but also only showed a 15% increase per day over the 10 days data was entered).

On the other hand, if you invest the money in a Dassault Mercure (Ok, the initial cost at $813'093 is probably a bit higher than your share investment, but there are also cheaper planes available), after adding all the cost of fuel, tax and staff, you get a return on your first flight of 127'500, or almost 15%, and that is after 2 hours!
    If you fly the plane twice a day, over 28% return; .... 5 times: 65% return and so on.
    After nine flights (or a days hard work), the plane and all costs are paid off and nice profits from then on....

I was not suggesting using the stock market to make money to the exclusion of the everyday activities of your airline.

However, to make an easy extra few dollars over the medium term, for no effort, I think it's a no brainer.
    Plus, when you hit your maximum amount of routes, and have what you believe to be the optimum fleet, you will have plenty of spare cash to play with, so it's another way to keep the game somewhat interesting at that point.

I don't believe it's appropriate for new airlines to be investing much of their funds, only when you develop and have plenty of cash.

Yes, I did realise El Coyote have become stagnant of late - I was only using it as an example of buy price versus current price.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

I've been into this game now for a few months, didn't realise there was a thread on board (durr there's always a thread about it on boards, no matter what it is).

anyway please invest in "big fúck off airlines. and yes I do regret the name but I didn't think at the start I'd keep playing this long. I just bought an TU-144 of 343Million and shares are jumping.

cheers
    Smeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

That's a catchy name Smeg, you should TM it!!:D
    Any sign of the advertising dropping? It cost me 12 mill yeaterday just for 1 days advertising, and still at 37,000:mad:

All my 172 planes have been grounded since this morning, Ive 100 million in the bank and am - 4 million in fuel. Im refusing to buy fuel until prices drop below $700.

Joseph I think you have to wait until america invades another oil rich country. I haven't seen it below $1000/1000lbs in days. luckily I bought 150million lbs when it was at 400. If only I could sell you some.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

All my 172 planes have been grounded since this morning, Ive 100 million in the bank and am - 4 million in fuel. Im refusing to buy fuel until prices drop below $700.

was $400 last night. I'm more pi**ed off with the new advertising costs, they are damn high.

Any shareholders in Passage West Airlines may want to start offloading their stock, we are going to wind this baby down. Getting tired of the game now, not enough new features and the usability is awful.

We will continue to fly as we have 630 million Lbs of fuel so no point in wasting that now is there! I don't think however that we will expand our current fleet of 101 aircraft, 15 being A380s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

surely you're just costing yourself money doing that no?

with the advertising going up i think i might just sell all my dassault mercure's and the like and just concentrate on my a380-800 and other big planes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭bealfeirste5

What is airline manager? A facebook game? Think ill look into it..

surely you're just costing yourself money doing that no?

About 5 million a day, but buying fuel (and advertising) at the current prices I am struggling to make a profit. I have launched a limited few long haul flights this morning, but about 90% of my fleet is still grounded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭crisco10

Anybody with shares in Leinster Airlines, sell them up. I'm probably quitting over the weekend. Made my goal of getting into the top 5000 and quitting now.

It's been wild!

• Advertisement

head up everyone advertising is dirt cheap. 7K for billboards. get it now while you can.

as of 13:30 anyway. it might rise soon

Xandaer Airlines will fly for a last time tomorrow.
    I reached my goal of 401 A380 routes (and the constant hitting of the reload button at the moment doesn't help with the game-play either ;))

Rank 760, shares now at $1,383.34, so any shareholders sell them now or tomorrow for the best profit (they shouldn't be decreasing afterwards but definitely won't further grow). It has been a fun challenge..... now for something else...

[QUOTE=now for something else...[/QUOTE]

AirlineMogul

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭cambridge7

Anyone else having problems playing the game today.Serious lagging going on now.

cambridge7 wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems playing the game today.Serious lagging going on now.

Its dog slow, and the game is not making any of the promised updates....Playing Airline Mogul right now, a bit more realastic....and a little less flakey..

Changes were implemented yesterday, and although not complete, is a major improvement performance-wise.

Changes were implemented yesterday, and although not complete, is a major improvement performance-wise.

Any sign of runway restrictions or the like? May start again if it gets a bit more realistic...

No runway restrictions (as of yet anyway)
    Certainly seems to be a lot faster!

Anyone playing this any more?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

staker wrote: »

I grounded Aerlingus weeks ago......
    Playing was an exercise in futility.......

• Advertisement

Moved over to Airline mogul. A little more thought required, and you don't have to launch your flights which means its not just an exercise in logging as often as possible. :D

it's getting a bit boring tbh.
    at $270 now, but it's getting repetitive, log on,carry out repairs and C-checks,check demands and advertising, start routes, buy juice, buy A380's, set up routes and adverts,*, log off:(
    *intermittent checks on stock/tumbleweed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Hi. I'm done with this game. Is there anyway I could pass my fleet on to anybody. I have
    1416 ads-3.gifA380-8001644 ads-3.gifB737-8001135 ads-3.gifB787-82250 ads-3.gifB767-400ER1304 ads-3.gifB747-1001366 ads-3.gifB767-2001224 ads-3.gifVickers Vanguard1139 ads-3.gifB7074144

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

staker wrote: »
    Agree with smcarrick.......boring. Nothing happens once you reach a certain point.

Logged on yesterday for first time in 2 months after seeing this thread. Was 1 billion in the red and share price had dropped from $300 to $224. Launched all 410 of my routes.....now only 400 million in the red!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Still playing..126 pages wow!

Mc Love wrote: »
    Still playing..126 pages wow!

I don't know who you're playing against? I think most of us mothballed our airlines months ago!!!

Still a lot of people playing it though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭b318isp

Hi guys, I'm looking for investors in Purcell Airlines. Here's the stats....

Total Flights: 96,579
    Pax of all Time: 37166705
    Unread mail: 0
    Pax Bonus: 1,944

Stock Rate: 3,877.14

Aircraft
    Sale Value: 88.21%
    Total Value: $151,280,812,109
    600 A380s
    233 Concordes
    +20 or so nice collectables!

As you can see, I'm in the habit of playing!

Very expensive share price - however I bought 100

Eire One Airlines

Total Flights: 15,373
    Pax of all Time: 2398956
    Unread mail: 0
    Pax Bonus: 456

Stock Rate: 62.95

Aircraft
    Sale Value: 86.99%
    Total Value: $1,670,939,785
    81 in fleet

• Advertisement

Fuel was just at 400, got 50 million with 20 secs left - its now 2100 again!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 johnnyboy32

Have ten aircraft now. three 737-800 one 757-300 two md 80 and a few smaller a/c. Called Euro Atlantis, game is addictive. Try and get aircraft out twice a day which can be hard as some flights take nine hours!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭b318isp

Very expensive share price - however I bought 100

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

I have decided to start everything from scratch again! Its going to be a challenge! Look me up. Griffair

Griffair
    Your Airline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I only came here to look at the pictures of a shiny planes :) but damn that game is addictive - and it works on the iPhone too. I can see many hours going down the toilet to this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

KeithM89 wrote: »
    I only came here to look at the pictures of a shiny planes :) but damn that game is addictive - and it works on the iPhone too. I can see many hours going down the toilet to this :D

Yeah, same as me and most of the others at the start of this thread.

You'll get so far and then there's nowhere else to go and give up

I've a huge fleet, i think it's just rusting away

• Advertisement

I have decided to start everything from scratch again! Its going to be a challenge! Look me up. Griffair

Griffair
    Your Airline

Hope you are successful - bought some shares

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

I know this is old, but I have recently started to play again. It would be nice to have a list of airlines from here that are playing.

Griffair

Eire One Airlines

Half thinking of resurrecting Air Lingus (I know its misspelt- Aerlingus was gone already)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Eire One Airlines

Done - 10000 bought. Dont let me down :)

Im CT Air if anyones interested......

• Advertisement
Advertisement