Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

15 year old girl gets 100 lashes for getting raped by her father

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

seamus wrote: »
    That's Islam for ye. Loves and respects women, and is very tolerant.

Magdeline Laundries and Child raping paedo priests. Yeah us(irish) Catholics aren't too great on the love and respect ach oiread unfortunately :( awful story this is. How can lashings still be an enforced law in somewhere thats a popular tourist destination for people in 'fully developed' countries like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Magdeline Laundries and Child raping paedo priests. Yeah us(irish) Catholics aren't too great on the love and respect ach oiread unfortunately :(
    Man... why do people keep saying this stuff, as if "we" on this thread are responsible for the above, as if it's acceptable today and enshrined in society/law.

Madam_X wrote: »
    Man... why do people keep saying this stuff, as if "we" on this thread are responsible for the above, as if it's acceptable today and enshrined in society/law.

I just mean Ireland I say we when referring to Ireland alot.. (If ye can take pride in your country ye have to be prepared to be ashamed of it to unfortunately). Its not acceptable today but unfortunately some countries develop at different paces to others. I'm just pointing out that we havent a great record when it comes to human rights in the past especially when catholicism is involved. Saying that this is Islams fault isn't entirely justified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Yeh I know it's only certain practitioners of fundamentalist Islam who are to blame (it's unfair to say all muslims believe/practise the extreme stuff) but there are no excuses.

Madam_X wrote: »
    Yeh I know it's only certain practitioners of fundamentalist Islam who are to blame (it's unfair to say all muslims believe/practise the extreme stuff) but there are no excuses.

I'm not trying to condone this believe me, maybe I phrased it poorly. (it is quite late :P ) but to condemn an entire religion based on this is unfair. As all religions (and as I pointed out Catholicism in this country) have huge scourges on their names.

Advertisement