Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower at Night or Morning?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

Actually surprised at how close the poll is. Think not showering in the morning is a bit gross. I'd feel horrible going to work in the morning without a shower first. Would choose a shower over breakfast if I was stuck for time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

5.17 PM

Shower in the evening 9 times out of 10. I never got the obsession with morning showers, wish my house mate who sometimes works at 4am felt the same rather than waking me up with his stupid 3:30am shower.

10 extra mins in bed >>>>>>> morning shower. Often skip a day altogether too, people are just too obsessed with showers imo.

Almost always in the morning.. Hate rolling out of bed into work so always get up early enough for a shower and 15/20 mins in a cafe for the all important cigarette and coffee. Which is exactly where I am right now. A much more relaxing way to start a day's work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Shower in the evening 9 times out of 10. I never got the obsession with morning showers, wish my house mate who sometimes works at 4am felt the same rather than waking me up with his stupid 3:30am shower.

10 extra mins in bed >>>>>>> morning shower. Often skip a day altogether too, people are just too obsessed with showers imo.

True fact!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

And then you get people who say they never want to work with a smelly bastard, as if they can actually smell the difference between people who showered 24 and 48 hours ago!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

If I shower before bed, I am going to reek of sweat and semen at work next day

You a hooker by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Always night time. Getting into fresh sheets after a shower is the business :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Morning. Sometimes at night too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

True fact!

Would you look at that! A true fact!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Morning. If I only shower once a day (but I usually shower twice), it's in the morning before I go anywhere. It just wakes me up and makes me feel a lot better and ready to take on the day. If I don't have a shower before I go out, I feel weird and just cannot wait until I can have a shower. It puts me off.

I am totally grossed out by the thoughts of not having a shower at least once a day. I could not do that at all. Cannot understand how someone can go without a shower at least once a day...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 329 ✭✭Cereal Number

You a hooker by any chance?

Yo mama just cant swalley ayyyyyyyy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭SicklySweet

Morning!
    The thoughts of getting into a bed with dead skin cells etc after a shower gets on my títs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

No. I just use a bucket and sponge..Grand job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

I regularly shower both night and morning. Can't function for the day without a morning shower and if I have training or just to help me unwind I will have one in the evening.

Same here, it's the best way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Night time, never have the time in the mornings.

Has to be morning for me. I get up for a run every monrning for one hour from 5am to 6am. I need to shower after that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

I shower each week, doesn't matter if I'm dirty or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

i feel really unhygienic if I go to bed without having a shower....think of all the germs you've picked up over the day....and they'll be there in your bed until you change your sheets....*shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Morning to wake myself up and get the day off to a good start. Night after training as well. Everyone's a winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

There's not many thanks on this thread, for all the wit , come on people where's your thanks , there's bleeding people on here relying on your thanks a lot more than the poxy shower .

Oh I shower sometimes in the morning , sometimes in the afternoon and sometimes in the evening .

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭juicyduckie

Every weekday I shower in the morning before work. Saturdays I shower in the evening because I'm usually heading out. Sunday afternoons I shower questioning my bad life choices all the while. So it depends. Have to shower every day though, at least once, sometimes twice.

I don't think I agree with anyone who says the extra time in bed is worth more than the shower.. Unlikely you're getting your REM sleep in those extra ten mins so the energy and freshness you get from a shower wouldn't usually be at the expense of extra rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Before bed, gotta be squeeky clean for snooze town.. i have friends who dont shower after rugby matches for days, sick sick lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

I don't think I agree with anyone who says the extra time in bed is worth more than the shower.. Unlikely you're getting your REM sleep in those extra ten mins so the energy and freshness you get from a shower wouldn't usually be at the expense of extra rest.

Energy and freshness? Fresh, clean and relaxed perfect for bed.
    Shower in the morning just means running out the door only half dry which feels mank.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭mightdomighty

I shower from 11.55 pm to 12.05 am so I have 2 showers daily.
    Didnt do poll as no option for that.

What time zone?
    Irish.

Otherwise known as the 1950s

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭darrcow

golden shower anytime the wife needs to empty her bladder:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I regularly shower both night and morning. Can't function for the day without a morning shower and if I have training or just to help me unwind I will have one in the evening.

This.

I also find a hot shower/bath great for relaxing me at night.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

In the morning when I am going some place (other than work), if not at night before I head out or after gym/football training.

• Advertisement

can't believe that shower at night is ahead in the poll. lots of people on boards that I wouldn't like to be sitting beside in work.
    normally shower twice a day myself anyways as a do a lot of sport / exercise.
    wash the plumbing in the sink quickly at night at a push if necessary for performance reasons :)

Advertisement