Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roadworks danger

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭germanator

well i know of at least 1 that was reported to the gardai anyway, cant say of the rest. But there is more than enough publicity of this, its been on local papers, and its been on the radio nearly every week, the radio host on south east radio morning show has commented on it at least 5 seperate mornings saying he has happened on the cones and signs being moved at half 5 in the morning and he heading to the radio station and lots of people text in about it! Thats what i cant understand of why nothing is being done, its not a secret that this is happening so you would think the authorities would do somthing about it when its known that they know!!!

I personally think ive done my share, ive reported to the gardai numerous times, ive talked to the workers of the road and even rang the road safety organisation and still nothing has been done and to be honest they are the people being paid to sort these things out not me so why cant they just do their jobs!! As has been said a few times here, all it would take is 1 full night of waiting out there to catch whoever is doing this

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Man of Aran

germanator wrote: »
    w
    I personally think ive done my share, ive reported to the gardai numerous times, ive talked to the workers of the road and even rang the road safety organisation and still nothing has been done and to be honest they are the people being paid to sort these things out not me so why cant they just do their jobs!! As has been said a few times here, all it would take is 1 full night of waiting out there to catch whoever is doing this

Fully agree, in all fairness Germanator has done more than his fair share to highlight the carry-on here and with several calls to Gardai & others.
    He is after all just a private citizen and cannot be expected to do much more at this point - unless he forms a posse of 1 to ride into town and deliver some swift justice .... sort of local Josey Wales style :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Time to close the thread so :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

vicwatson wrote: »
    Time to close the thread so :rolleyes:

I'd hate to miss the end of this saga

Sure it has already ended, the warnings been made, there is nothing more to say is there? It's just going around in circles really. We all know of the danger thanks to germanator et al.

• Advertisement

quick update just let you all know its still happening anyway as much as ever, passed again last night and there was about 60 or more cones just thrown everywhere on the middle of the road! And i know of 2 people in the last few nights (1 who is my nephew) who have had their tyres blown out by driving over pieces of wood with nails sticking out of them which were thrown on the road where the traffic was diverted to... so be careful and keep a good eye on whats on the road out that way!! Still dont know how theres been no serious accident there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

So not only is the culprit moving cones , but also placing wood with nails on the road too.

I don't think Sherlock Holmes would have been able to solve this one .

yes, it happened a few weeks back aswell i think i mentioned it here but definitly twice that i know of this week now aswell, id say its just a lucky coincidence that the cars had slowed because of the roadworks before the tyres were blown out!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Man of Aran

yes, it happened a few weeks back aswell i think i mentioned it here but definitly twice that i know of this week now aswell, id say its just a lucky coincidence that the cars had slowed because of the roadworks before the tyres were blown out!

Thanks for update and keep up the posts to see this thing through ! How close to being finished are these roadworks down there?

Thanks for update and keep up the posts to see this thing through ! How close to being finished are these roadworks down there?

He's not going to stop with the nails when the roadworks are done i'd imagine.Going to end in tear's.

• Advertisement

id say they should be finished fairly soon,they were spraying the marks where to put the lines down yesterday and i passing!

I dont know to be honest, but if they are going to continue putting nails in wood then the road works being finished wont make any difference, the only way this is going to end is when someone is seriously injured or killed, but of course then it will all be made out as if nobody knew it was happening to put a stop to it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭selana

send a letter to the guards detailing the problems, cc the local papers and tds.

might force some action.

just drove in the road half an hour ago and theres a white laguna pulled in at the side of the road coming down the hill by the roadworks heading in the ross direction with flat tyres, dont know if its another case of the nails in the wood but looks very like it!!

passing in tonight and there was a black passat pulled into the side with at least 2 flat tyres i could see and an AAtruck was pulled in behind it.. This was just coming off the top of the hill heading out of ross

well folks, the roadworks have finished a few weeks now, so no more changed signs or cones..............BUT, there are still lengths of wood with nails in them being set across the road late in the night, there are 7 people i personally know of who have had some or all their tyres ruined by this, and i was lucky myself last night i barely spotted one in time and i stopped and threw it as far as i could into the ditch. This is definitly more dangerous now as the roadworks are gone so traffic will be travelling at the 100kph limit and getting a blowout at that speed is going to cause a serious accident, its amazing there hasnt been one yet

No point asking the obvious question I suppose.

as in has it been reported??

as in has it been reported??

And the old one, why can't something be done.?

it looks like nobody is bothered about it, i mean it wasnt as if it wasnt reported enough!! The cones and signs were changed for the whole few months the roadworks were going on and now it seems whoever was doing that has got quite comfortable in knowing they are in no danger of being caught so continue to try cause accidents out there!

Obviously someone who needs help.

• Advertisement

germanator it must be you, ya weirdo !

You know way too much about this..

If it's not someone else it has to be you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Donelson

Yes he certainly seems to have an inside track on a lot of local crimes. Or maybe he's just passion about our safety :rolleyes:.

oh yes, you got me!! i like staying out there all night when i finish work trying to cause accidents and get people killed, its so exciting!! :rolleyes:

Dont tell anyone on me ;)

silver fiesta pulled in on the main road last night, 4 flat tyres!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GiftGrub100

Anyone know when the council intend to correct the road signs on this lovely newly resurfaced road. The signs in some areas seem to apply to the previous road layout.

When coming from New Ross towards Wexford, as you crest the hill and the two East bound lanes become one, the road signs still indicate the right hand lane continues for an extra 200m, will come as quite a shock to some people who may be overtaking and using the road signs for information and the lane just ends.

You would think with all the trouble on this road they could at least get the permanent road sings correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Yeah that 200M sign is annoying, it's more like 20M from it to the merging point! Someone not familiar with the road could end up having an accident if they think they've got a whole 200M to spare in deciding whether to overtake something.

But weren't they newly erected? The merge happened further towards the New Ross direction before the realignment of the road so those signs are brand new. Which is actually more shocking.

Seems they are up to their old tricks again!! There are roadworks out on the Wexford road just outside New Ross again and the cones are being moved every night to make traffic meet head on yet again!!! Guards have been informed but as usuall nothing will be done :/

Advertisement