Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RHCP - 26th June 2012 Croke Park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Good post. One minor point however. I couldn't see the Marlay Park gigs affecting ticket sales for RHCP too much if they are run on the basis of the indoor format of this year. I believe the capacity for this year's gigs to have been only 5,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

MCD must really care about this gig with the lack of announcements regarding Coldplay, Slane, Oxegen etc.

Demand was expected to be high for the Chili's seen as how they were away for years and were planning a huge comeback.

But I agree the O2 attracted most of the diehards who simply don't have the money.

You need to remember too its in Croke Park and no one would want to sit for the RHCP, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

I think people saying that it is too far away are right.

I would buy tickets to this in a heart beat but i'm not really sure what i will be doing in June next year.

It will sell-out closer to the time i would say.

Just bought my ticket today:p.

I couldn't resist the temptation considering it rarely takes so long for such massive gigs to sell out standing tickets.

Hopefully the support will be Nickelback or Kaiser Chiefs.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

karaokeman wrote: »
    Just bought my ticket today:p.

I couldn't resist the temptation considering it rarely takes so long for such massive gigs to sell out standing tickets.

Hopefully the support will be Nickelback or Kaiser Chiefs.

Would Nickelback suit the Chilis? Id say KC are a good bet

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Thats awesome, its the same as Metallica and Linkin Park have been doing for years. Wish more bands would do this!!!

Bear in mnd it was Pearl jam kicked off the whole official bootleg recording bit. Always copied, never equaled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭edgecutter

I loved the gig at the o2 with the chilies. My belief that this gig isn't selling out is due to it being in Croke Park. I remember going to see u2 there and it was horrible (not the band but just too far away from the stage and really terrible sound, I ended up watching the gig on the big screens). Would not go to a gig there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

Just heard an ad on the radio stating that Noel Gallagher is supporting...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Meh bit of a werid support but acceptable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

Awww yeah!!! cyall there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Awww yeah!!! cyall there

http://www.noelgallagher.com/

Seems true, that's deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

darryn wrote: »
    Awww yeah!!! cyall there

http://www.noelgallagher.com/

Seems true, that's deadly

yup! Seeing him in february too! making up for only seeing oasis live once -_-

I'd imagine ticket sales should soar now

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jakestully

that´s an OK support, not more. I dont think hes that good by himself. but hopefully itll sell out now :)

Thats fantastic, I'm also going to see Noel Gallagher at the O2.

Now if Noel plays Oxegen that will be three times I'm seeing him live next year, can't wait:D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

They were on Jools Holland together a few weeks back. This weird alliance must have been mooted then.

It's a masterstroke to be honest. Both acts have huge support...guaranteed sell out now.

I was at the Chilis in the Point and was definitely not going to Croker, too expensive.
    Saw Noel too in the Olympia and going again in Feb and if Im back from Poland before the 26th June I'll definitely go to this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

support dont suit it really dissapointed

but1er wrote: »
    support dont suit it really dissapointed

they have been friends for years, so I imagine that had something to do with it to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

they have been friends for years, so I imagine that had something to do with it to

yeah but he gona be so laid back and wont get the crowd going i think,

will there be another one?

personally I can't wait, I think the oasis songs will be great to get the crowd going

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Wasnt going to bother going to this as I saw them in the O2 but with Noel supporting them the €75 standing doesn't seem so expensive now.:D

• Advertisement

Doubt there will be another support.

I reckon MCD booked Noel for a reason, maybe to combat the sluggish ticket sales.

Agree the gig will probably sell out now that we can get bits of Noel and the Chilis in one night, but I'm glad I bought my ticket now after all:cool:.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im really glad i got my ticket for Noels gig in the O2 so i dont have to get a ticket to see him with RHCP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

What is Noel thinking??

Yeah, Noel should be holding off and playing the ultimate LAD Slane gig next year with The Stone Roses, Beady Eye, The Coral and some other such band!

Yeah, Noel should be holding off and playing the ultimate LAD Slane gig next year with The Stone Roses, Beady Eye, The Coral and some other such band!

I doubt he would play next to beady eye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Bit of a surprise to hear he is playing with the Chili's but I don't think I will bother getting a ticket for it. I'm not a big enough fan of the Chili's to go watch them live.

Saw Noel at the Olympia and going to see him at the O2 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Going to be some atmospehere at it, with the whole country gearing up for our European Championships semi-final, 2 days after we've knocked England out in the quarter finals:D

I doubt he would play next to beady eye

Yeah, that's true.

How will Chilis fans take Noel, does anyone reckon?

Yeah, that's true.

How will Chilis fans take Noel, does anyone reckon?

I'm a huge Chilis fan, also a huge oasis fan, all my mates that are going are delighted he is support, I can see this going over very well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Delighted with this news, Im a massive Chili Peppers and Oasis fan :D:D Didnt have the money for Noels gigs in the 02 and for the Chilis at Croke Park so it was one or the other, but now I get to see both :cool:

Advertisement