Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup 2010. European zone qualifications

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

OMG I am not worried about Serbia's performance but about other results in our group....

Romania-Lithuania 0-3 WTF happened there?!?!?!:eek:

I am watching the match Austria-France at the moment...what to say....:eek::eek::eek:

55 000 austrians are in madness on stadium,Austria kicking France @ss,outrages,France suck so much and austrians celebrating like they won WC,totally deserved:eek:

After i saw tonight i can confirm Serbia have no chance to go on WC....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,942 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Jeez lads I know, it was just a hopeful comment. It would be great for us if it did happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

nuts, 2-1 Italy

dg;ldfgdfp]oghe]4jkreyghiea[rg;]aklp[aekr]lpaer]lpjha;elrj]ophj]]j aer]m[mbqu[um[[uyyyaerab aryabryabarbyabaaawr

that is all the f'ing out of the way. so sick, and so undeserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Rats. :mad:

Shows what a top side they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,988 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

eagle eye wrote: »
    and so undeserved.

+ 1,000,000

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jimmyboy

italy 2-1

Rats. :mad:

Shows what a top side they are.
    Yeah they are winners and thats why:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Shocking, Cyprus spurned two brilliant chances from corners, you just knew they'd be made to pay.

Mike

• Advertisement

It is a shame Cyprus couldn't hold on. On the bright side from our perspective, we've got 3 points and the Bulgarians only managed a draw. I think most Irish supporters would have been happy with that situation before the game.

(Group 1)

FT Albania 0 - 0 Sweden :eek:

FT Hungary 0 - 0 Denmark

FT Malta 0 - 4 Portugal

(Group 2)

FT Moldova 1 - 2 Latvia

FT Israel 2 - 2 Switzerland

FT Luxembourg 0 - 3 Greece

(Group 3)

FT Poland 1 - 1 Slovenia

FT Slovakia 2 - 1 Northern Ireland

(Group 4)

FT Wales 1 - 0 Azerbaijan

FT Liechtenstein 0 - 6 Germany

(Group 5)

FT Armenia 0 - 2 Turkey

FT Belgium 3 - 2 Estonia

44' Spain 0 - 0 Bosnia-Herzegovina

(Group 6)

FT Ukraine 1 - 0 Belarus

FT Andorra 0 - 2 England

FT Croatia 3 - 0 Kazakhstan

(Group 7)

FT Romania 0 - 3 Lithuania :eek:

FT Serbia 2 - 0 Faroe Islands

FT Austria 3 - 1 France :eek::eek::eek:

(Group 8)

FT Georgia 1 - 2 Ireland

FT Montenegro 2 - 2 Bulgaria

FT Cyprus 1 - 2 Italy

(Group 9)

FT Rep. of Macedonia 1 - 0 Scotland

FT Norway 2 - 2 Iceland

About Ireland,its important you won 3 points same as Serbia although we both were far than impressive in our games...

Montenegro-Bulgaria,expected result for me tbh,Italy...no need to comment,they did it like they always do,over penalty or in the last minute...disgusting...i was pissed to see they scored again in 90th minute...

I dont get what happened in our group but i watched Austrians and they were so impressive against France,Lithuania won 3-0 in Romania and i must say i am very scared coz i am not sure can we get even on 4th place in this group.

Its impossible how France suck,i hope someone in France see this....

Anyway we are playing against them on thursday in Paris,i would be very very happy with a draw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Austria 3 - 1 France :eek:

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Saw the 2nd half of Cyprus v Italy and the Italians were very fortunate to get the win. It was an excellent game, Cyprus had Italy in trouble at times and missed 3 great chances in the last 10 minutes. The Cypriots sent out a warning here that they will be a threat to all in this group. Even though they'll hardly qualify themselves they will take make life very awkward for everyone, especially in their home games.

England were crap and just did enough to get past a poor team who basically played a 10-0-0 formation. I can see them struggling to get a result in Croatia.

A real pity for us that Bulgaria and Italy both snatched results in the last minute of their games.

Here are the goals from Montenegro vs Bulgaria for anyone interested...

Bulgaria's equaliser from the free-kick looked very generous to me. Good goal though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Jesus, I hope France don't qualify for the World Cup.

Serves the FFF right for giving that goon an extension to his contract.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

SantryRed wrote: »
    Jesus, I hope France don't qualify for the World Cup.

Serves the FFF right for giving that goon an extension to his contract.

with any luck they'll lose the next few games and France will have to hire a replacement in the intirim who'll sort them out and win himself a contract, making it unlikely they'll poach Wenger from Arsenal when his contract is up in 2010 :pac:

seriously though the under performance of France these days actually makes me quite angry; i really do think they have the squad to be one of the best footballing sides on the planet. it's such a shame they are managed by an imbecile who places more value on astrology than he does ability and form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,501 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Wednesday is going to be tough. Wish Duffer was fit.

Can anyone tell me few things coz i am not so good into the story.Whats going on with Duff,Carsley from your team? Is it Kilbane guy from Everton?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I think so far anyway I'm justified in saying that Bulgaria, Georgia, Montenegro and Cyprus are all of similar standard. They're all decent teams but I think we should be finishing ahead of them with the players we have and now the manager.

delija - I'm suprised you're suprised at the Sweden result. :) Duff is injured, Trap didn't call up Carsley. and Kilbane used to play for Everton, it's Wigan now.

Yeah best thing about our group is there is no gaurenteed 3 points anywhere.

• Advertisement

eirebhoy wrote: »
    delija - I'm suprised you're suprised at the Sweden result. :) Duff is injured, Trap didn't call up Carsley. and Kilbane used to play for Everton, it's Wigan now.

Oh thanks for explanation

Well Sweden is very good team and Albania....sorry but this is surprising result for me:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Yeah some surprises alright.
    Albania drawing with Sweden. Romania beeing hammered by Lithuania. But especially France going down to Austria like that.
    Lucky Italy. Would have been great to see Cyprus take points from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

noodler wrote: »
    Yeah best thing about our group is there is no gaurenteed 3 points anywhere.

Not really, could mean if we come 2nd we may not make the play offs.

Yeah well you still have to finish second don't you?

Id take second and take the chance we may be the worst runner-up.

Not to mention it increases our chance of winning the group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Oh thanks for explanation

Well Sweden is very good team and Albania....sorry but this is surprising result for me:D
    Ah well I predicted a 0-0 in that match. ;) Albania's a tough place to play.

Advertisement