Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What beer are we drinking this week ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Sitting in the Brew Dock having a Spelt Saison, nicer than I remember from the RDS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Des wrote: »
    Sitting in the Brew Dock having a Spelt Saison, nicer than I remember from the RDS

It's still going? That must really be one of the last casks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

My dad just brought me home a bottle of Liefmans Goudenband. It's a bruin beer.
    Looking forward to trying it after work tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

noby wrote: »
    It's still going? That must really be one of the last casks.

Ha, if the conditioning was still as active as it was it must be up around 10% abv by now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

On a 100% Irish tip tonight, biatches. Couple of Rebel Reds which I haven't had before and a couple of Dark Arts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Fart wrote: »
    My dad just brought me home a bottle of Liefmans Goudenband. It's a bruin beer.
    Looking forward to trying it after work tonight.

Oh a great beer

oblivious wrote: »
    Oh a great beer

My shift can't end quick enough. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Jaipur. Pretty darn good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Des wrote: »

That's exactly what I'm doing right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

That Brew Dock obviously a decent spot? Few people recommended it to me, walk past it most days but never gone in, Kate's Cottage was a right hovel so was never inclined to go into the new place

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It's really quite different from Kate's Cottage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

I've a bottle of Dark Arts for tonight, but what temp should I drink it at?

Son0vagun wrote: »
    I've a bottle of Dark Arts for tonight, but what temp should I drink it at?

about 10c is a good temp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

Drinking some of the blue moon tonight from Lidl. quite refreshing although the orange does get a bit tedious after a few.

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-14EAA2D7-78B80F80/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/4182_24973.htm

cant seem to find either on ratebeer or beer advocate. anyone know why? seems to have all the others. :confused:

http://www.ratebeer.com/findbeer.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Having a bottle of ZlatyBazant, quite pleasant.

Got myself two bottles of Hurricane Jack.
    It's a Scottish ale and I've read it's quite hoppy. Well... I hope it is.

Will drink it after work. Mmmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Got myself two bottles of Hurricane Jack.
    It's a Scottish ale and I've read it's quite hoppy. Well... I hope it is.

Where did you get it? Haven't seen it in a while.

It is very hoppy. I really like it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Currently falling in love with in a bottle of Fullers ESB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭reeb

Love the Fullers range, especially the London Porter and the 1845.

Bough 6 IPAs for the weekend, mmmm

Drakes IPA
    Flying Dog Snake Dog IPA
    Flying Dog Double Dog Double Pale Ale
    Coronado Idiot IPA
    New Belgium Ranger IPA
    Deschutes Inversion IPA

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Where did you get it? Haven't seen it in a while.

It is very hoppy. I really like it!

I got it in Molloys at Ballyogan/Carrickmines.

They normally don't have much on offer there. I'm sure other Molloys off licences may have it.

I'm looking forward to trying it now.

• Advertisement

reeb wrote: »
    Love the Fullers range, especially the London Porter and the 1845.

Bough 6 IPAs for the weekend, mmmm

Drakes IPA
    Flying Dog Snake Dog IPA
    Flying Dog Double Dog Double Pale Ale
    Coronado Idiot IPA
    New Belgium Ranger IPA
    Deschutes Inversion IPA

Where the hell did you get your hands on Ranger and Inversion in Ireland?!

Unless you are in America, in which case, damn you, you bastard, for getting my hopes up!

Im not in Ireland Seaneh, sorry mate. Just had them both, they were nice but Ive had better, my top two in IPA are Firestone Walker Union Jack IPA and Lagunitas A Little Sumpin’ Sumpin’ Ale. If you prefer them super hopped you'll like the Deschutes and New Belgium better, I prefer the ones with more caramel character myself.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Where the hell did you get your hands on Ranger and Inversion in Ireland?!

Unless you are in America, in which case, damn you, you bastard, for getting my hopes up!

I'm pretty sure I've seen some of these in Redmonds of Ranelagh. If you're ever in Dublin, I'd also say you should check out Blackrock Cellar in Blackrock :P. I'll be heading there next week to stock up on some beers. (Assuming you can get to Dublin :P)

And also, I've just noticed that it's not two Hurricane Jacks I'm drinking, I've an Avalanche from the same brewery (Fyne Ales Scotland).

The Hurricane Jack was nice. Quite dry and a bit hoppy. I'm not a fan of dry beers but this one was nice.
    Now onto the Avalanche.

Dont see why they wouldnt be available in Ireland, I bought them all off a supermarket shelf in NZ. Should just be a matter of someone bothering to import them.

Now onto an Anderson Valley Hop Ottin' IPA

Remind me to buy some lager or hefe or something next time

Dont see why they wouldnt be available in Ireland, I bought them all off a supermarket shelf in NZ. Should just be a matter of someone bothering to import them.

Now onto an Anderson Valley Hop Ottin' IPA

Remind me to buy some lager or hefe or something next time

Let us know how they taste. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A_Fitz

Had some Infinium earlier - too sweet for my liking.......not bad other than that though; bit like a cross between champagne and beer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Was at the brother's wedding in Knightsbrook Hotel, Trim on Thursday/Friday.

He'd asked them to get in some Trouble Brewing Ór. They couldn't get it from a supplier so had to buy an off licence out of it. But fair play to them, they did it.

Half the beer drinking guests ended up sampling at least a bottle though, some stayed on it for the night, and I even saw a couple of people drinking it yesterday.

My brother also brought a bottle of Westvleteren XII for the car, while the new wife was drinking champagne he had that. I had a glass of it.

Not very impressive really.

Im not in Ireland Seaneh, sorry mate. Just had them both, they were nice but Ive had better, my top two in IPA are Firestone Walker Union Jack IPA and Lagunitas A Little Sumpin’ Sumpin’ Ale. If you prefer them super hopped you'll like the Deschutes and New Belgium better, I prefer the ones with more caramel character myself.

It's not specifically either of those two beers I'd been excited about, althout I do like them a lot, but the breweries other beers. I'd love to be able to get a few bottles of stuff like Black Butte Porter, Mirror Pond Pale Ale, Obsidian Stout, Red Chair or even the special brews like The Abyss, Black Butte Aniversery of The Dissident by Deschutes. I drank in their pub in Portland and their brewery in Bend a few years ago and was totally blown away.
    Ranger is just a nice hot day beer and a quite like fat tire too so would be nice to get some new belgium beers.

If you are more into the malty type of pale ales try Mirror Pond by Deschutes, lovely biscuity malts and not super hoppy, and to 5% it's fairly sessionable.

I'm pretty sure I've seen some of these in Redmonds of Ranelagh.

Alas, I have phoned every good offie in Ireland and nobody can get their hands on any of the Deschutes, I even phoned the brewery to ask for a European distributor and they told me that they don't presently and will nto in the next atleast 2 years have a European distributor as they are focused on getting their beers to very US state first, it's currently near impossible get any of their beers on the East coast of the US, never mind Europe, I have a friend form Portland who's living in Virginia and he drives to .
    If Reeb can get them in NZ it's because a someone bought from a third party.

find-map.png

That's their current distribution map, this time last year their distribution was about half as many states so they are expanding quickly, hopefully it won't be long before someone in Europe starts importing their beers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Black Sheep ale. Tasty stuff, and the smell is gorgeous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

What do people see in Franziskaner?
    My local was out of Fullers Organic Honeydew last night so picked up 6 bottles of the Franziskaner Weissbier.
    Good jaysus it was rough, only got halfway through the 2nd bottle and that was me done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement