Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Note 3

Options
  • 29-08-2013 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭

So.

I'm out of contract from today.

Currently on 3s top plan for bill pay, so pretty much get the pick of phones.
    I'm currently using an SGS4 which I 'acquired' and while I'm happy enough with it I struggle with its battery tbh (heavy user with work etc)

I'm wondering if I shouls renew my contract and grab another sg4 and sell it on, or hold off for the note3 which I've heard a few promising reports about lately.

opinions guys?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭GorillaRising

I'd hang on for the Note 3 and see what it's like. No use wasting an upgrade like that and considering you're not altogether happy with the S4...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Definitely hold off for the Note 3.
    Only 5 days now to wait!
    .5.7" full hd screen
    .3gb ram
    .32gb internal memory
    .13mp camera
    .3700mah battery
    .uhd video recording
    . quad core 1.7ghz processor
    . extra s pen features.
    What's not to like? They have also reverted back to the Classic corners of the S2 which I much prefer.
    And the rumours are that we won't have to wait the usual month for release after the unveiling and that it will be available to pre order from the 16th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I'm due an upgrade myself in a we weeks, I may hold out for a toe 3.

Half thinking of the getting a Note 3 myself now....

The size of it is putting me off.

Anyone have a Note? What's it like to have on a night out for example? Surely you wouldn't fit comfortably in your pocket if you sat down in jeans..?

The S pen features look cool!

I'm due an upgrade since the start of April and I've been holding off For this beast cause I didn't think the S4 was much of an upgrade even though it's also a serious bit of kit.
    I don't own or know anyone who's had the Note 2 but if you Google user reviews or even browse boards you'll find it hard to come across someone complaining about the size.
    I've held one in my hand on numerous occasions in store and find it completely manageable, even though I didn't try to squeeze it onto my pocket for fear of being mistaken for a gypsy.
    Also they are gonna do something similar with the Note 3 like they did with the S4, I mean making the bezels thinner and using lighter materials, so it had the same footprint as the S3 while being thinner, lighter and having a larger screen.
    So if anything it will be more pocketable than the Note 2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Half thinking of the getting a Note 3 myself now....

The size of it is putting me off.

Anyone have a Note? What's it like to have on a night out for example? Surely you wouldn't fit comfortably in your pocket if you sat down in jeans..?

The S pen features look cool!

it's not that much bigger than an s4 surely?

I find the s4 to be of almost perfect size tbh.

SamHall wrote: »
    it's not that much bigger than an s4 surely?

I find the s4 to be of almost perfect size tbh.

Yeah I guess you're right!

And as the phillthrill mentioned, it'll probably be thinner than the S4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

I got a note2 last March
    I love its size
    Most people laugh when they see it first but soon come around the idea of the screen when they have a play with it.

I would deffo get a note3

I guess I'll try and get a feel for it in a store before I buy it. :)

Just a quick size comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

I have a note2 and love it. I do not find it overly big. But you should buy a rubber case for it. My only quibble is the wifi is not as good as it should be. Also a number of new phablets are due out this autumn by different manufacturers so you will have a choice which one to chose from. Keep an eye on techradar. My contract is up in november so I will probally upgrade to the next big thing then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

I've a note 2 myself, and like anybody else, I debated with myself for weeks about getting it, but I always came back to, "ah it's too big". Anyway, I eventually took the plunge and I have to say, I don't think I could go back now. There's no denying its size, it is big. But within a week you look at smaller phones (particularly iPhones) and think, how did I ever see the writing on that?

The phone fits into my pocket with no issue at all, granted I'm not a complete skinJeanean wearing hipster, but I'm not a Culchie wrangler wearer either :-)

I'm due an upgrade now as well, so I'll definitely be getting the new note 3. No doubt about it

Oh, and did I mention the battery life?? Amazing, a day and half with as much use as you want, gaming, browsing etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

I've a note 2 myself, and like anybody else, I debated with myself for weeks about getting it, but I always came back to, "ah it's too big". Anyway, I eventually took the plunge and I have to say, I don't think I could go back now. There's no denying its size, it is big. But within a week you look at smaller phones (particularly iPhones) and think, how did I ever see the writing on that?

The phone fits into my pocket with no issue at all, granted I'm not a complete skinJeanean wearing hipster, but I'm not a Culchie wrangler wearer either :-)

I'm due an upgrade now as well, so I'll definitely be getting the new note 3. No doubt about it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Went from a Note 2 to a HTC One. Waiting impatiently for the Note 3 now. The battery alone is worth it, although you do get some odd looks. Herself laughed at mine when I got it and has been using it recently and will not give it up for love nor money now.

Hope the choice of colours differentiates it better from the S4 et al though.

I am into extremes so I might as well go for the Note 3! :) It would be that or a Blackberry. :o

I'm just bored with iPhones, S3's, Nexus' etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I am into extremes so I might as well go for the Note 3! :)It would be that or a Blackberry. :o

I'm just bored with iPhones, S3's, Nexus' etc!

Using a Q10 a bit at the moment and like you I thought the same but the app selection unfortunately ruins it somewhat...time to start side loading I think!

Using a Q10 a bit at the moment and like you I thought the same but the app selection unfortunately ruins it somewhat...time to start side loading I think!

Oh yeah I'd definitely have to do that! I've the worst directional sense imaginable so Google maps is vital for me! :o

Edit: Another reason for the Q10 is that I just seem to get bogged down with other phones at times - constantly on them! I just want a phone!

But now the Note 3 does look a bit special! Damnit!

Developer unit perhaps...

http://www.t3.com/news/new-picture-of-samsung-galaxy-note-3-emerges

Really looking forward to tomorrow's announcement!

Developer unit perhaps...

http://www.t3.com/news/new-picture-of-samsung-galaxy-note-3-emerges

Really looking forward to tomorrow's announcement!
    Ya that was on gsmarena a few days back. They said it's only a case that they also put over the S4 to disguise it during testing.
    Cannot wait for tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Cool. Anyone have a link to the schedule?

Tried Googling it, but they don't make it easy to even find the website!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Live feed from Samsung's announcement:

http://live.cnet.com/Event/Samsung_Unpacked_at_IFA_2013

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Price idea would be nice.

Out of contract atm, no immediate plans to leave 3, but still be pricing around.

On 3s top plan, 55€ a month. Prob renew contract for 2 years.

Hopefully they'd not want too much for phone upfront.

I wouldn't reckon they would on a 2 years contract.

Very pricey I'd say for anyone buying outside a plan.

Gonna be the longest 7 hours of my life!
    Live feed from Samsung's announcement:

http://live.cnet.com/Event/Samsung_Unpacked_at_IFA_2013

I'm due an upgrade on three since April, I'm hoping not to pay more than €129 for two years on the €40.66 plan.
    SamHall wrote: »
    Price idea would be nice.

Out of contract atm, no immediate plans to leave 3, but still be pricing around.

On 3s top plan, 55€ a month. Prob renew contract for 2 years.

Hopefully they'd not want too much for phone upfront.

Gonna be the longest 7 hours of my life!

Thought they'd be on around midday! I'm not seeing a scheduled time. Dang!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

What time does it start at? six. I thought it was five. I have been listening to **** music on this site for past 45 mins.

Advertisement