Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gardai proposals to ban firearms

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Just to get a discussion going..
    After reading the 64 page document from the DOJ in relation to the proposed amendment to the firearms act and legislation, & freely admitting that I own multiple firearms for hunting and target shooting..what possible reason would an individual have to licence a center fire semi automatic rifle?..

I stand corrected.... seemingly all be it not common or regularally shot there is such a competition.
    They are not used in any capacity in target shooting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,070 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

WRONG!!!!!!!:mad:
    They are used in Bullseye 360,Three position shoots, and have been used in open class shoots here in Ireland over the last three years.It was also accepted in the Limerick DC [mentioned in the 64 page report] Sept 2013 that those competitions are prefectly acceptable and were viewed and filmed in the presence of CS D Sheehan, DI Brookes,and Sgt P Greene.who conceeded that this was a ligit type of competition.

EDIT
    seemingly all be it not common or regularally shot there is such a competition
    They are also shot once a month these days in Midlands and in An Riocht it is a monthly three position shoot for classics,and semis.So yeah,they are pretty common,and is spreading to team level and inviting other clubs now in bullseye 360.

Lets not start this utter BS of "why would anyone want an assault rifle" now.It is counterproductive ridicilous and flying in the face of reality that these are the next generation of sporting rifles out there. The gun grabbing Gardai and govt are trying King Canute like to hold back the tide of modern sporting firearms that all other EU countries are accepting as a ligit and useful firearm.Even the UK with its much vaunted "assault rifle ban" is accepting that the form of the modular sporting rifle is here to stay no matter what.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Lotharmike

RFD's must be in a state of shock with that DOJ Doc.I was about to order a Sauer 303 for the new year that now is in tatters.Really disillusioned with the whole process now to be fair. FUBAR springs to mind in relation to sport shooting in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭German pointer

After reading the 64 page document from the DOJ in relation to the proposed amendment to the firearms act and legislation, & freely admitting that I own multiple firearms for hunting and target shooting..what possible reason would an individual have to licence a center fire semi automatic rifle?..

They are going afters guns that they see as the easy ones to justify to Joe public if they get them they will be after your centerfire next and then they will come after your rimfires and shotguns

It doesn't matter what firearm a person has. If they bought it they think its the best firearm to suit their needs and who are we or the AGS to say you don't need that firearm for your needs try this less dangerous looking one. It doesn't matter what it looks like its how the person uses it,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

They are going afters guns that they see as the easy ones to justify to Joe public if they get them they will be after your centerfire next and then they will come after your rimfires and shotguns

Except Joe Public is not interested

My thread in Politics.ie has had 300 views since yesterday and mostly shooters in the 20 comments.

It's only between us and AGS/DoJ - others see this -right or wrong - as an attempt to deflect attention from recent news stories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Whats concerns me greatly is the whole - anti gardai thing going on at NARGC. Surely the key is to try and insert ourselves into the consultation process. That not going to go well if we seen screaming at the Gardai

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

BoatMad wrote: »
    Whats concerns me greatly is the whole - anti gardai thing going on at NARGC. Surely the key is to try and insert ourselves into the consultation process. That not going to go well if we seen screaming at the Gardai

I'm not as anti Gardai as the NARGC seem to be but after these proposals, I have lost faith in the top brass of the Gardai.

These new rules are only going to penalise law abiding citizens who aren't doing anything wrong in the first place.

The Gardai have basically said "Fcuk You" to law abiding shooters like me who take part in and enjoy our chosen sport. They have no interest in consulting with us. We were assured that there would be consultation.............. I wonder when that's taking place seeing as the legislation has already been drafted.

And just for the record, I'm not anti Gardai. I just have a problem with them picking on me, a law abiding target shooter.

They should be targetting the criminals and not people like me.

I not seen any draft law, Ive seen the document recommending one and suggesting various amendments , but no actual proposed law.

If there is a proposed law, the issue has passed out of the domain of the Gardai and into the political one.

I not seen any draft law, Ive seen the document recommending one and suggesting various amendments , but no actual proposed law.

If there is a proposed law, the issue has passed out of the domain of the Gardai and into the political one.

Ok, I'll take that back. There's the bones of new legislation set out in the document. (Heads of bills etc.)

And if legislation is drafted around those heads of bills, people like me are screwed. We will be unfairly disallowed to take part in our sport even though we have broken no laws.

This is bad news for shooters, all shooters, not just people whose guns might be banned.

• Advertisement

Its great that we can debate these matters.
    There will be a meeting in Harbour House Range on Monday evening @ 7.00pm and anyone who has a gun licence for ANY type of firearm is welcome to attend, this will be an information evening where the proposed regulations will be discussed.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Ok, I'll take that back. There's the bones of new legislation set out in the document. (Heads of bills etc.)

And if legislation is drafted around those heads of bills, people like me are screwed. We will be unfairly disallowed to take part in our sport even though we have broken no laws. Laws change, rules change , situations develop.

This is bad news for shooters, all shooters, not just people whose guns might be banned.

Firstly, The gardai are perfectly entitled to express their view on public firearms policy. They are also fully entitled to seek amendments to any law.

Equally We , the sport are entitled to seek and have our opinion heard.

then as law abiding citizens , we will abide by any given legislation. There is no "fair " or "unfair". Its used to be "fair" to use a mobile phone while driving , it snow "unfair", happens every day.

What I find distressing, is the tone of the "outburst" of Mr Crofton.

" a discredited Garda force is being rewarded for their unlawful handling of the firearms licensing system"

In my view the Gardai are in no way discredited. They are charged with the implementation of a flawed piece of legislation. That does not make them " discredited". Let me state it here, I fully support our national police force.

The fact that NARGC and in particular Mr. Crofton, persist in this attempt to denigrate the constitutional police force of this state is very unfortunate and in my view almost totally unproductive, in fact its positively counter productive

Perhaps Mr. Croftons perspective is becoming overly personal and the campaign might benefit from him standing aside and allowing more moderate and conciliatory voices to come to the fore.

The fact is, This sport exists purely at the "whim" of the Minister, we have no constitutional rights in this regard. Furthermore, we have little understanding or sympathy from the general public. I can just see an appeal to TDs to support "handguns" going down really well in the midst of the carnage of the water debacle.

Ultimately , this will all be trashed out in "smoke" filled rooms, and the key is to be "sitting in that room " not screaming from the sidelines and the "inequity of it all"

What we need is a bit of back room politicking, not attempts to publicly embarrass the Gardai. In my view ( and I said it at the time) nothing good will come from the attempts to drag the Gardai through the courts. The net result will most likely result in all of us forgoing all firearms, merely to assuage a very very small proportion of shooters.

The report makes a very telling comment, to paraphase, that the current licensing system isn't really a product of legislation, rather the result of a series of court cases. That is ultimately going to work against us.

Its also worth noting that , proposals are being considered to support "reloading", that comes as a result of good co-operation between the various interested bodies and stands in sharp contrast with current nargc campaigns.

Ultimately, we are at the mercy of public perception and policy, no more then the Ward Hunt. The tolerance amongst the public is very low and quite frankly we exist in shadows. Nothing good will come from proclaiming our "rights" etc.

yubabill1 wrote: »
    Except Joe Public is not interested

My thread in Politics.ie has had 300 views since yesterday and mostly shooters in the 20 comments.

It's only between us and AGS/DoJ - others see this -right or wrong - as an attempt to deflect attention from recent news stories.

Joe Public mightn't be interested but my local TD will be when I see him.

I'm going to meet my local TD and I'm bringing my mam, sister, my niece and as many friends and relatives as I can with me.

He aint going to be pleased to see so many votes that could go to somebody else if things go sideways.

Firstly, The gardai are perfectly entitled to express their view on public firearms policy. They are also fully entitled to seek amendments to any law.

I agree with you, they are entitled to their opinion. But in this case, I believe that their opinion is wrong. I believe that they are trying to railroad legislation through that will harm our sport and do absolutely nothing to reduce crime or increase public safety.
    Equally We , the sport are entitled to seek and have our opinion heard.

Section 7 (page 13).

"The particular issues pertinent to this Review were not raised by DOJE or An Garda Siochana at these meetings; neither have the recommendations of this draft Report been the subject of consultation with these groups, pending their consideration by both the Garda Commissioner and DOJE."

Now correct me if I am wrong but if the Gardai were so concerned with preventing crime and maintaining public safety, don't you think that these topics would be relevent to bring up with National Shooting Bodies?
    then as law abiding citizens , we will abide by any given legislation.

Yes, I will abide by any given legislation............but I will do my best to try prevent unfair legislation being passed.
    What I find distressing, is the tone of the "outburst" of Mr Crofton.

I find it distressing that I am being lumped into the same category as a criminal.

I fully support our national police force.

So do I, but I don't support this proposal. I think it is very very unfair on law abiding shooters.
    The fact that NARGC and in particular Mr. Crofton, persist in this attempt to denigrate the constitutional police force of this state is very unfortunate and in my view almost totally unproductive, in fact its positively counter productive

Perhaps Mr. Croftons perspective is becoming overly personal and the campaign might benefit from him standing aside and allowing more moderate and conciliatory voices to come to the fore.

I don't know the man but I'll go hear what he has to say and make my decision then.

I will say this though, if Mr. Crofton actions are counter productive, it doesn't change the fact that this legislation will unfairly target the law abiding section of the community and will have no effect on the criminals.
    Ultimately , this will all be trashed out in "smoke" filled rooms, and the key is to be "sitting in that room " not screaming from the sidelines and the "inequity of it all"

It doesn't look like we will be getting into those "smoke" filled rooms.
    What we need is a bit of back room politicking, not attempts to publicly embarrass the Gardai. In my view ( and I said it at the time) nothing good will come from the attempts to drag the Gardai through the courts. The net result will most likely result in all of us forgoing all firearms, merely to assuage a very very small proportion of shooters.

I agree, we need a bit of politicking. That's why I'm going to my local TD to let him know my concerns.

Regarding your comment on dragging the Gardai through the courts, what other option do you have if you are being unfairly refused a licence. Do you sit there and do nothing and not get to use your sporting firearms or do you try and rectify the situation through the courts?
    The report makes a very telling comment, to paraphase, that the current licensing system isn't really a product of legislation, rather the result of a series of court cases. That is ultimately going to work against us.

Agreed, the legislation is sh1te to be blunt about it. But I don't think that this proposal will fix the legislation. There's too many acts and SI's as it is. These proposals will decimate handgun shooting in Ireland and I believe this to be very very unfair as we aren't the section of the community going around shooting people.
    Its also worth noting that , proposals are being considered to support "reloading", that comes as a result of good co-operation between the various interested bodies and stands in sharp contrast with current nargc campaigns.

Yes, this does look good.

Ultimately, we are at the mercy of public perception and policy, no more then the Ward Hunt. The tolerance amongst the public is very low and quite frankly we exist in shadows. Nothing good will come from proclaiming our "rights" etc.

Nobody has a right to a gun in Ireland and we aren't shouting this out. We are saying that we use our guns lawfully, to take part in our hobby or sport. We aren't a danger to the public so why are you unfairly targetting us in this legislation.

If we stay in the shadows, these proposals will be passed and then there's nothing that we can do.

Its great that we can debate these matters.
    There will be a meeting in Harbour House Range on Monday evening @ 7.00pm and anyone who has a gun licence for ANY type of firearm is welcome to attend, this will be an information evening where the proposed regulations will be discussed.

Is Tommy going to "fill me in?":p

"The particular issues pertinent to this Review were not raised by DOJE or An Garda Siochana at these meetings; neither have the recommendations of this draft Report been the subject of consultation with these groups, pending their consideration by both the Garda Commissioner and DOJE."

Now correct me if I am wrong but if the Gardai were so concerned with preventing crime and maintaining public safety, don't you think that these topics would be relevent to bring up with National Shooting Bodies?

All that says is that pending the consideration of internal view, they haven't put this out for external comments. It doesn't say anywhere that they WONT. in fact it specifically points out that it didn't do the consultation. Again why see the Gardai as "out to get us". I don't see that in this document.

I agree with you, they are entitled to their opinion. But in this case, I believe that their opinion is wrong. I believe that they are trying to railroad legislation through that will harm our sport and do absolutely nothing to reduce crime or increase public safety.

Thats an "opinion", The Gardai have theres , They quote some specific examples of their concern. We have yet to put a cogent case together, for example why should someone be able to license a large calibre handgun, when all aspects of the sport can be accessed with small calibre. The fact is , we rode in on the back of a legal challenge. That door is being closed, thats the reality of it.
    I find it distressing that I am being lumped into the same category as a criminal.

I see nothing in that proposal that does that, The Gardai have outlined their issues as they see it. They have not lumped anyone into anything.
    I will say this though, if Mr. Crofton actions are counter productive, it doesn't change the fact that this legislation will unfairly target the law abiding section of the community and will have no effect on the criminals.

I don't see it as "unfair". The Gardai have a view as to the public policy regarding the personal ownership of firearms. We , the sport has to convince the Gardai, the AGS, The Minister as to our view and validity of our claims. We may win or loose this battle. We will certainly not win if we seek confrontation with the Gardai in the Courts.
    It doesn't look like we will be getting into those "smoke" filled rooms.
    No , we have thrown our toys out of the cot , several years ago, and all we've done since is screamed and screamed and screamed. Thats the tragedy of it.
    Regarding your comment on dragging the Gardai through the courts, what other option do you have if you are being unfairly refused a licence. Do you sit there and do nothing and not get to use your sporting firearms or do you try and rectify the situation through the courts?

If I cannot convince my local superintendent, then I have no interest in dragging him into court. I find all of them ( and I have dealt with three) to be extremely reasonable, open to a chat and direct with their views. Mostly they complain about dealing with people making "demands" or being unreasonable.
    Agreed, the legislation is sh1te to be blunt about it.

Yes, we all agree that.
    These proposals will decimate handgun shooting in Ireland and I believe this to be very very unfair as we aren't the section of the community going around shooting people.

In my opinion centre fire pistols will have to be sacrificed to facilitate some pistol shooting. I would favour and immediate ban and hand-in of centre fires to at least allow a reasonable range of 22lr pistols to remain. ( and not just massively expensive olympic ones)

If we persist, we will loose all handguns. Its simply an unsustainable policy to continue to insist on retaining large calibre pistols. we will not and cannot win that battle. in persisting I believe we have brought this current change in policy down upon us

The Gardai have never claimed we are going around shooting people. they have publicised the statistics on pistols reported stolen or lost , and its that aspect that concerns them. Its a reasonable point of view.

We are saying that we use our guns lawfully, to take part in our hobby or sport. We aren't a danger to the public so why are you unfairly targetting us in this legislation.

Laws are not static, I used to go around talking into my mobile while driving, it was very handy, then it was made illegal, now I don't. I don't complain that its "unfair". we sound like teenagers.

The fact is that the possession of firearms in Ireland has always been just "tolerated", and only especially for very specific purposes. With a stated policy of a unarmed uniform police force, The Gardai will always have a very high moral ground in respect of public firearms policy. Thats just the facts of life. It will be difficult for us to counter that perspective, with our current scream and shout , or see you in court policy, were not doing ourselves any favours.
    If we stay in the shadows, these proposals will be passed and then there's nothing that we can do.

what I mean is that we must seek to get in front of key people, work in the background, lobby in private, stop dragging the process through the courts. we have to box "clever" , not try and take sledgehammers to the front door.

• Advertisement

Made appointments to see three TDs today for next week. They are all going to get a copy of the report and recommendations to study at their leisure before I start ringing back for replies the following week.

Beware the risen people.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

One thing I'd like to see is a breakdown of the 1293 lost and stolen firearms between 2010 and 2013.

How many centerfire handguns?
    How many rimfire handguns?
    How many shotguns with more than 3 round capacity?
    How many centerfire rifles?

Vegeta wrote: »
    One thing I'd like to see is a breakdown of the 1293 lost and stolen firearms between 2010 and 2013.

How many centerfire handguns?
    How many rimfire handguns?
    How many shotguns with more than 3 round capacity?
    How many centerfire rifles?

Thats not really the issue they are hi lighting. The issue is a general comment as to the fact that a certain percentage of legally held firearms, "disappear" . They admit they don't know how many end up in criminal use, but the point is its not 0.

We cannot win this argument by saying well look only "2" handguns ended up in criminal hands. because the simple retort is, thats fine if we ban them then at least those "2" wont the next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Again why see the Gardai as "out to get us".
    I don't think anyone thinks the entire Garda force is doing that, but it's pretty hard to deny that individual members of the force are definitely opposed to private firearms ownership.
    We have yet to put a cogent case together, for example why should someone be able to license a large calibre handgun, when all aspects of the sport can be accessed with small calibre.
    Up until 1972, pistols of calibers up to .38 were in active use in the Olympic Games. Today, they are still in active use in the ISSF World Championships. And that's just in the most recognised-by-Joe-Public sport; there are a dozen other very large and international sports that use centerfire pistols and have for decades perfectly safely.
    That, to me at least, is not merely a cogent case, but grounds to demand that the onus of proof is not on those seeking to licence those firearms; but on those who wish to legislate to ban that.
    And I see nothing in that document that stands up to any degree of scrutiny when trying to make that case.

Also, while the return of pistols came from legal cases, and I'm breaking no confidences by saying that wasn't the ideal route, that was the return of pistols. Prior to 1972, pistols were perfectly legal to own in this country for longer than this country existed - our firearms legislation was inherited from the previous jurisdiction in the 1924 Act, don't forget, before we wrote our own initial Firearms act in 1925 (which basicly copied out the 1924 act with minor variations).

In my opinion centre fire pistols will have to be sacrificed to facilitate some pistol shooting.
    Honestly, I can't agree to that at all. There is no requirement to sacrifice any form of shooting at present, pistol or otherwise. The current legislation provides far more than the Gardai currently require to maintain law and order even in the face of the drug crime that's causing them so many problems. But as the recent revelations have shown, they are not effectively using their existing tools and their work ethic appears to be - for whatever reason - woefully inadaquate.
    Given those two facts, it is not reasonable to demand that firearms which have been safely licenced in this country for longer than this country has existed are suddenly an insurmountable and immediate threat to law and order.

The Gardai have never claimed we are going around shooting people
    That is only true in strict terms. In terms that a court case alleging defamation would use, I'm not so sure. There is a reason we had a legal definition of defamation through innuendo after all.
    Laws are not static, I used to go around talking into my mobile while driving, it was very handy, then it was made illegal, now I don't. I don't complain that its "unfair". we sound like teenagers.
    While it was handy, the fact was that it was a proven cause of many preventable accidental deaths. This cannot be said of licenced firearms. You can point to gun crime, yes, but those are not licenced firearms, nor are they accidental deaths, nor would a new law prevent them (if you are willing to murder another human being, you have already exceeded the threshold required to ignore a law regarding possession of firearms and such a law is effectively useless).

I don't support confrontational approaches to this kind of thing (I think that's no secret either), and frankly the moves that have brought us to this point were things that we knew would land us here sooner or later and we said so publicly, repeatedly, at length and to deaf ears, and I know if we continue down the NGBs-vs-The-Minister loggerheads approach (and I would bet dollars to doughnuts that someone's already writing a speech to call for lawsuits on constitutional grounds even now), then we will just lose, like every other time we've tried it; but there's a difference between seeking a cooperative compromise solution and being a doormat, and on this occasion I think a somewhat more assertive approach is required.

Is Tommy going to "fill me in?":p
    Des Crofton and Michael Tope will be there to explain the documents implications to hunters and target shooters

• Advertisement

According to the NARGC website front page."They are also considering restricting anything above 30 cal ....."

So that's now deer stalkers ,F Class and vintage and classic rifles in the firing line as well...!
    No smoke with out fire folks.
    YOU HAVE NO MORE EXCUSES!
    YOUR PARTICULAR SPORT SEGMENT IS NOT SAFE!!
    GET LOBBYING,GET WRITING,GET OFF YOUR ASS AND HELP OUT TO SAVE YOUR SPORT!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

Home protection ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Home protection ?

i presume that is a joke?

Home protection ?

(a) Not funny
    (b) For the reporters, you can't licence a firearm for that purpose in Ireland, it's not permitted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7 lucas247

Listen while Boards is great and all for venting we all need to come together and harass the living **** out of the Taoiseach, your Local TD's, MEP's, Councilors, Superintendents, Chief Superintendents and Garda Firearms Policy section. If their from FG or Labour or a Garda we need to e-mail, write or phone them as often as possible, dont let them say their not involved, if they're a member of the party or the Gardi they can raise the issue at a higher level. Firearms owners are traditionally more conservative people who might vote FG, we need to let them know they are gona lose that vote!

They are making this up as they go along. Its pathetic.

Please, lets get pressure on NOW!!!

A

In my opinion centre fire pistols will have to be sacrificed to facilitate some pistol shooting. I would favour and immediate ban and hand-in of centre fires to at least allow a reasonable range of 22lr pistols to remain. ( and not just massively expensive olympic ones)

If we persist, we will loose all handguns. Its simply an unsustainable policy to continue to insist on retaining large calibre pistols. we will not and cannot win that battle. in persisting I believe we have brought this current change in policy down upon us

An Appeaser.."A person who will sacrifice all before him to the lions in the vain hope that they will be full up before they start eating him."
    Winston Churchill

Speak for your own damn self !!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    WHat the FRUP gives you the "right" to suggest that MY sport segment should be thrown to the lions ,that I have spent over six thousand EUROS in the last six years fighting to continue along with over three hundred others around Ireland should be given up so that yours can continue???:mad::mad:

Have you learned NOTHING from how these things go in other countries ,even in the UK where the bodies decided to give up CF pistols for exactly this sort of cockeyed thinking so that Olympic style shooting could continue as it was a safe sport???Ask the UK Olympic pistol team how well THAT idea went when they get home from Switzerland from their monthly training??

There is NO deals,no sacrificing others,no eliteism, no NOTHING this time!
    We are ALL in a very leaky lifeboat and there are no first class passengers in a lifeboat.We either hang together or we will hang seperately!
    I'm disgusted that already this sort of talk and snivelling backroom deals are being mooted already.:mad:
    Grizzly 45.

I don't support confrontational approaches to this kind of thing (I think that's no secret either), and frankly the moves that have brought us to this point were things that we knew would land us here sooner or later and we said so publicly, repeatedly, at length and to deaf ears, and I know if we continue down the NGBs-vs-The-Minister loggerheads approach (and I would bet dollars to doughnuts that someone's already writing a speech to call for lawsuits on constitutional grounds even now), then we will just lose, like every other time we've tried it; but there's a difference between seeking a cooperative compromise solution and being a doormat, and on this occasion I think a somewhat more assertive approach is required.

I dont disagree with anything you have said here.

lucas247 wrote: »
    Listen while Boards is great and all for venting we all need to come together and harass the living **** out of the Taoiseach, your Local TD's, MEP's, Councilors, Superintendents, Chief Superintendents and Garda Firearms Policy section. If their from FG or Labour or a Garda we need to e-mail, write or phone them as often as possible, dont let them say their not involved, if they're a member of the party or the Gardi they can raise the issue at a higher level. Firearms owners are traditionally more conservative people who might vote FG, we need to let them know they are gona lose that vote!

They are making this up as they go along. Its pathetic.

Please, lets get pressure on NOW!!!

And do not wait for your NGB to do the job. They can't. Even the largest NGB hasn't got more then twenty or so people working directly for it; the only reason the protest against licence fees worked was that thousands of us were in direct grass-roots contact with our local TDs, Councillors and yelling at the Minister's office. Boards is grand for coordinating that, but nobody is going to do the job for you, you have to be the one to go talk to them. And waiting on things like NGB-scripted form letters and the like is a bad mistake; form letters get counted alright, but then they're filed in the shredder.

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    in the UK where the bodies decided to give up CF pistols for exactly this sort of cockeyed thinking so that Olympic style shooting could continue as it was a safe sport???Ask the UK Olympic pistol team how well THAT idea went when they get home from Switzerland from their monthly training?
    While I agree with the sentiment Grizz, those aren't the facts of what happened. Every NGB in the UK after Dunblane agreed to wait for the outcome of the official inquiry; then "New" Labour snuck in and sold them out to win the election. Nobody over there lined up to throw anyone under a bus; everyone actually stood shoulder-to-shoulder. They just lost, it wasn't some sort of amateur-hour politicing gone wrong.

Getting the facts right is going to be important in the near future. How many times did we see people make impassioned pleas against the TCO before 2004 only to have the Minister of the day tell the TD asking the question "Oh, actually the TCO ended in 1972, you look like an idiot because they didn't brief you correctly" and lose us another potential ally in the Dail?

WHat the FRUP gives you the "right" to suggest that MY sport segment should be thrown to the lions ,that I have spent over six thousand EUROS in the last six years fighting to continue along with over three hundred others around Ireland should be given up so that yours can continue???

NO your sport isn't "continuing", you didn't fight that in court, that case was lost well before the court case. What you succeeded in doing ( and actually you never went to judgement) was to get a settlement that suited you. The fact is the case to retain centre fire pistols has not been accepted.
    Speak for your own damn self !!!
    Hey, I am.
    Have you learned NOTHING from how these things go in other countries ,even in the UK where the bodies decided to give up CF pistols for exactly this sort of cockeyed thinking so that Olympic style shooting could continue as it was a safe sport???Ask the UK Olympic pistol team how well THAT idea went when they get home from Switzerland from their monthly training??

Well they can now use "Trigger trainer". Im not aware that the firearms ban in the UK ever allowed olympic handguns, its was a blanket ban, resulting from a huge public reaction to a tragedy. The same would happen here in a heartbeat.
    We are ALL in a very leaky lifeboat and there are no first class passengers in a lifeboat.We either hang together or we will hang seperately!
    I'm disgusted that already this sort of talk and snivelling backroom deals are being mooted already

Great, since we've been SO successful with this policy, alright then I see all the shotgun enthusiasts right behind us then. remember , we're the first class passengers, they WILL leave us to drown.

BY THE WAY, Im not at all against the political lobbying, what I am against is this NARGC style "bull in a china shop" approach

Since you great at quoting

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"
    ALbert Einstein

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/2014.WG.Report.pdf/Files/2014.WG.Report.pdf

Department of Justice and Equality /
    An Garda Síochána
    Working Group on Review of Firearms
    Licensing November 2014

It s time to get political!!!
    The report refers to the Garda Commissioner as "he" in several places.

"he" didn't exactly leave in a blaze of glory.

The whole proposal seems to hinge on holders of certain firearms being a concern to public safety.

I don't see anything about compensation for private property, but it does mention surrender of firearms to Gardaí.

Haven't read the full thing yet, but smack very much of divide and conquer.

The reference to a Male Commissioner is presumably due to the fact that when this was commenced, the working group was established back from Sept. 2013. when we had Commissioner Martin Callinan.
    Jesus, and they claimed Mary Lou was using distraction tactics yesterday, and then they released this themselves.

Feckin hell.

Take a look at this

Head 2 This Head inserts a public safety provision as an additional ground to be considered by An Garda Síochána in deciding whether or not to grant or renew a firearms certificate
    An Garda Síochána expressed concerns that solicitors representing applicants at appeal stage are often able to assure a Judge that there is no public safety concerns regarding the application, mainly by referring to Section 4(2)b of the Firearms Act, 1925, as amended, and stating that the applicant does not pose any threat to public safety.
    An addition to Section 4 is being proposed to reflect that deciding officers need to take account of general public safety concerns in relation to a firearm and a particular type of firearm, and not just concerns specific to the particular applicant concerned.

Basically, ags have taken a beating in the courts because they have been unable to show that a law abiding upstanding citizen with good reason to hold a firearm cannot have one. They have been slapped in the face on so many occasions in court when refusing licences that they now want to invent a new reason which has nothing to do with either the firearm or the person who is applying for the licence.

Imagine for example if the RSA decided to implement a policy ofnrestricing the number of driving licences in an area because of the number of drivers in the area was too high, or because the crime rate had risen for example.

Do we really trust AGS to have discretionary powers such as this ?

And this is not just related to firearms, do people genuinely think that AGS should be able to use their own inability to tackle crime as a justification for imposing restrictions on law abiding citizens ?

Look what happens when AGS have discretionary powers, look what they did with the discretionary element of the penalty points system.

Look at the alleged manipulation of crime statistics, and now they want to be able to use crime statistics as a reason to refuse an application from a law abiding citizen

Okay, so if members of An Garda Síochána are not suitably tasked for this, who would be?
    Genuine Question,

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

kerry4sam wrote: »

Okay, so if members of An Garda Síochána are not suitably tasked for this, who would be?
    Genuine Question,

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Have read the proposals over last 2 days and I have to say, the whole thing is constructed in a kak-handed, inconsistent, diversionary and contradictatory way that no civil servant above Executive Officer (first rung of middle-management) would sign their name to.

Any PR company worth their salt would make shreds of this document, the biggest problem they would have would be to actually get anybody interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Are there any politicians who are into shooting?

I'm disgusted that already this sort of talk and snivelling backroom deals are being mooted already.:mad:
    Grizzly 45.

And for all you .22 handgun owners - the Jihadi guy who killed 13 fellow soldiers in Fort Worth, Texas used a .22 - FNH's new 5.7 x 28 calibre pistol with expanding ammo (I know, a little over .22, but not exactly a 9mm, albeit more deadly).

And what about Hornady's 4.6mm/.17 ammo used in HK MP7? That's sub-.22 cal in AGS parlance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭badaj0z

Have read the proposals over last 2 days and I have to say, the whole thing is constructed in a kak-handed, inconsistent, diversionary and contradictatory way that no civil servant above Executive Officer (first rung of middle-management) would sign their name to.

Any PR company worth their salt would make shreds of this document, the biggest problem they would have would be to actually get anybody interested.

I agree with you. The quality of the logic in the arguments is awful. It is written in the language of the tabloids. There are many examples of specific to general assertions and little statistical evidence to support such assertions.I am amazed that the senior officers in the Civil Service, especially the DOJ, would allow such a publication--but they have no top man at the moment!

[
    QUOTE=BoatMad;93038039]NO your sport isn't "continuing", you didn't fight that in court, that case was lost well before the court case. What you succeeded in doing ( and actually you never went to judgement) was to get a settlement that suited you. The fact is the case to retain centre fire pistols has not been accepted.

Well I'm GLAD you were present in all those court cases inc mine to know what went down..Are you a solicitor/barrister bechance??

Well they can now use "Trigger trainer". Im not aware that the firearms ban in the UK ever allowed olympic handguns, its was a blanket ban, resulting from a huge public reaction to a tragedy. The same would happen here in a heartbeat.

If that is soo wonderful why are they all travelling each month to Geneva to practise with real firearms ??Thats sort of like saying you can become a tour de France bike rider by playing a tour de France Xbox game??
    Great, since we've been SO successful with this policy, alright then I see all the shotgun enthusiasts right behind us then. remember , we're the first class passengers, they WILL leave us to drown.

You dont get it do you???The shot gunners are just a likely to get it in the neck under the following part of the bill.

Head 2 - Amendment to section 4 of the Firearms Act 1925
    Conditions of grant of firearm certificate
    Section 4 of the Firearms Act 1925 is amended:
    by the insertion of the following subsection after subsection 4(1):
    4(1A) An issuing person shall not grant a firearm certificate or the
    renewal of a firearm certificate for a firearm, if in the opinion of the
    issuing person, granting the certificate could prejudice public safety or
    the peace. In forming an opinion, an issuing person may have regard to
    any or all of the following :
    a) the proliferation of firearms and the nature and extent of crime
    resulting from firearms in the issuing person’s division or district as
    the case may be;
    b) the calibre of the firearm;
    c) the velocity of the ammunition
    d) the size and shape (appearance) of the firearm
    e) the lethality of the firearm.

So that means if you are living in Havemore Ave Dub 4,and there is a spate of break ins in the area.The super could say."oh well this is a high crime neighbourhood area the same as Gurrier ville .Sorry no more liscenses in this area.Hand in the Purdy there lads."
    Where are guns more likely to be stolen and what types?? Farmers shotguns with virtually zero security..Suddenly Rathnafec No where county is now a" high crime area".There goes farmer Murphys double barrel.
    It dawns on some smart boy in ADS or DOJ watching Love/Hate or some other TV trash "Oh Hey..Sawn off shotguns in DBBL configuration are leathl..." D and E of that head kicks in!! Still think the shotgunners are safe????

Think the "white list" will be any great saving??Doubt it considering they already have a problem with target pistols anyway.and what happens when the first scrote shoots a fellow scrote with a Olympic style target pistol??You are hust as dead with a bullet from a Walther GSP or a GSG .22.. Will the GSP suddenly become the new "criminals weapon of choice" As they are pretty available in Europe for about 100 quid these days.

BY THE WAY, Im not at all against the political lobbying, what I am against is this NARGC style "bull in a china shop" approach

So am I ,but the trouble seems to be that talking nice and offering submissions have got precisely NOWHERE as the letter in circulation from NARGC about a meet in the DOJ that suggests any and all of our submissions will be "circular filed "and that there will be NO meaningful engagement with the parties.....Would you be surprised at the NARGC reaction??Sham consultation ,sham democracy..

Since you great at quoting

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"
    ALbert Einstein[/QUOTE]

Here's another one for you.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayl
    Martin Luther King.

* I should add onto that point last year CS D Sheehan Henry St was interviewed in the Limerick Leader along with Dr Marie Cassidy where they were lauding the "dramatic drop of gun crime in Limerick,by so much as 95%" Yet in the court cases CS Sheehan under oath stated that he was worried bout the "rise" in gun crime in Limerick!!
    Not that he was belived by the court very much.But it just goes to show that they cant even tell the truth on this in any shape or form..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,638 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

This is all really helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Are there any politicians who are into shooting?

There is one down in Kerry...

Not to sure he is the best public representative though to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Even the point where the "proliferation" of firearms could be used as a basis for refusal is open to abuse. If your local super decides there are too many firearms about the place, then he just starts refusing them and renewals.

The super could even for exampla determine that teeny firearms is the limit for his while district....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

We could get whey gun club to request a meeting with all local td's ?

Any benefit in that, get them all into a town hall type forum and give em a brief of how craps this is not hair for usbut for any td or party that supports it.

Town hall meetings, I'd make sure not just myself but friends neigh kits and family attend as well.

badaj0z wrote: »
    I agree with you. The quality of the logic in the arguments is awful. It is written in the language of the tabloids. There are many examples of specific to general assertions and little statistical evidence to support such assertions.I am amazed that the senior officers in the Civil Service, especially the DOJ, would allow such a publication--but they have no top man at the moment!

My point may have been a little too subtle - READ INSTEAD "This report was not written by DoJ"

kerry4sam wrote: »

Genuine Question,

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Simple ,like in any civilised EU country that doesnt fear their citizens having arms.This is mostly handled by a civillian staff in what is the equivilent of their county/city councils. Take Germany[as I know this one the best] it is the Lands rat amt a type of super council that has authorithy over all admistritive functions in its Bezirk or Landkreis [Trans city and County areas]

If you have either your sport shooter liscense,or your hunting liscense[The harder one of the two but allows you to own and purchase unlimited long guns but only TWO pistols]. You can pop into any gun shop and buy over the counter what takes your fancy and go home.HOWEVER the onus is on you to register it on your liscense within 14 days.

The staff are civillians with no special firearms training,many of them are actually anti gun,but dont let their personal opinions interfere with their civil servant duties[Unlike Ireland] as civil servants over there can and are sacked for any infringements of their duties.For some of the stunts pulled over here,were it in Germany,they would be in jail along time ago.

The system works as it is set out clearly and unambigously WHAT you need to own,carry and posses a firearm with definitions of items ,etc.Unlike here where you fulfill the conditions and it is left in the hands of your local anti gun Superintendant to a personal whim on whether the gun is safe because of its "looks".
    Ironic too that in NI during a virtual civil war from of 30 odd years.The amount of firearms legally liscensed for sporting or self defence never dropped or was tightned up or banned outright and was administerd byTEN civillians in the RUC using mostly card indexes and pens and paper.
    Who could also tell who had what,where and when.Compared to this shambolic system down in the South then and now.

This whole system should be removed from AGS ,bar a backround and criminal check they should have no further part to play in this as it clearly obvious they cant handle it,are uttterly anti gun and paranoid about civillians owning anything more dangerous than a super soaker.Not to mind that they area political arm of the State,which NO police force should be either.
    A competant civillian admin with knowledgeable people an efficent computor filing system ,clear and unambigious rules as to what you need to own a firearm of any particular type and you fulfilling the conditions should be under law an automatic SHALL ISSUE,isnt too much to ask for is it??

The Aussie wrote: »
    There is one down in Kerry...

Not to sure he is the best public representative though to be fair.

His ol man isnt too well either at the moment,so he is going to be INOP for awhile.:(

/sigh
    I love being quoted from a private email without warning, I really do.

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2014/11/14/from-our-cold-dead-hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭Deaf git

The problem is the existence of some pigheaded individuals at a senior level in AGS. We all know the horror stories of given Supers in various districts- it's been going on for years. A senior Garda should learn from court decisions and alter his decision making accordingly- but some thicks are further blessed with arrogance.

The problem is further compounded by the very poor standard of politicians here. It's all about optics, I laugh & cry when I hear Kenny prattling on about 'green shoots' as if 200 billion euro sovereign debt is sustainable long term.

Its further compounded by sensationalist & partisan news media.

I think the solution is an open letter to the Taoiseach, Minister and Commissioner in the form of a paid advertisement in a prominent national newspaper. The open letter should appeal for justice, transparency, fair treatment etc. The letter can outline some of the treatment suffered by shooters- refer to the low points. Hopefully the political sharks will circle and be seen to be concerned about low standards in high office etc. The Minister might then engage and the rabid senior elements be brought to heel.

Who should draft & publish the letter? The ad should be paid for by contributions from the various shooting bodies. The letter should be drafted by a solicitor with contributions from a politically savvy pr type. Let the solicitor take the interviews that follow. The shooting bodies should remain shtum in public. They can kill or ride each other in private, so long as they agree to act in unison.

One thing is clear. All forms of shooting are at risk here, so NOBODY suggest throwing one group to the wolves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

lucas247 wrote: »
    If their from FG or Labour or a Garda we need to e-mail, write or phone them as often as possible, dont let them say their not involved, if they're a member of the party or the Gardi they can raise the issue at a higher level.

An individual Garda... Who has nothing to do with this kind of thing? Sure Go ahead and while your at it, get yourself nicely acquainted with section 10 of the non fatal offences against the person act 1997.

This is not the time to go making rash decisions, it only serves to make you look like a nut and discredit any argument you have.

Deaf git wrote: »
    I think the solution is ...
    Okay, first off that's not a horrible idea. If well written and not confrontational and written so that Joe Public is both informed as to the current state of affairs and why the proposed changes are just wrong, it'd be a very positive thing. If badly written or confrontational, it could sink us however, but that's not my actual criticism here.

My actual criticism is that there is no one solution here. There's no magic bullet (pardon the pun). No NGB is going to do this for you, I don't care who they are or how much they preen from a pulpit, no NGB on its own has ever effected the kind of change we now require.

The only thing that has ever - in the entire history of our sport - been able to turn around legislation before it hits, after it has been announced like this, is massive groundroots contact with TDs and local politicians. People showing up at clinics to complain and threaten to rescind their vote and to campaign for others to do the same, is the only thing that has ever been noticed by the Minister sufficiently to abandon announced plans (and even that only worked because of the proximity of an election - but it got McDowell to abandon his licence fee hike plans). Seriously, if you think one single act by one single body can stop this, please stop thinking that now.

If you want this not to happen, you, personally will have to get in touch with your local politicians.

Otherwise... well, do you remember all those people who thought the NGBs could fight off and prevent the Criminal Justice Act 2006? And the Criminal Justice Act 2009? And the ban on new centerfire pistols? And you remember all those people who said we could overturn those in court?

Yeah, it didn't work at any time in the past century. It's not going to work today. You want this not to happen? Pick up the phone to your local TD. Email him. Put pen to paper. Walk down to his or her local clinic and complain in person. That's the only way this is going to get done.

Unashamedly cut&pasted off the ICABS website.:D
    [The antis are useful for something once in awhile]
    Now you have multiple choices for contacting your local TD via all sorts of methods,if you cant get down in person Write or comment on their Facebook or Twitter account.
    There are NO EXCUSES acceptable anymore not to get in contact.

100 years ago in 1914 there was a recruitement poster for the army which said "What did you do in the war Daddy?" Dont let us be the last generation with our sons and daughters asking us "What did you do to stop the 2014 gun ban Daddy/Mummy?"

Postal Address for TDs: Dail Eireann, Leinster House, Kildare Street, Dublin 2.

CARLOW-KILKENNY

Patrick Deering, TD
    Email: Pat.Deering@oireachtas.ie
    Tel : 059 9164680
    Mobile : 087 9470736
    Fax : 059 9164680
    Carlow Office - 16 Old Dublin Road, Carlow
    Bagenalstown Office - Church Road, Bagenalstown, Co. Carlow

Minister Phil Hogan, TD
    Email: philip.hogan@oireachtas.ie
    Tel: 056-77 71490
    Fax: 056-77 71491
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PhilHoganTD
    Constituency Office - New Street, Kilkenny
    Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9.30am-5.30pm

John McGuinness, TD
    Email: john.mcguinness@oireachtas.ie
    Tel: 056 7770672
    Mobile: 087 2855834
    Constituency Office - O'Loughlin Road, Kilkenny

Ann Phelan, TD
    Email: ann.phelan@oireachtas.ie
    Constituency Office - 18 Patrick Street, Kilkenny, Co Kilkenny
    Tel: Kilkenny Office 056 7756000
    Office Mobile: 086 3294420

John Paul Phelan, TD
    Phone: 056 77 93210
    Fax: 056 77 93211
    Email: johnpaul.phelan@oireachtas.ie
    Constituency Office - 25 Market Street, Thomastown, Co. Kilkenny
    Open: Mon 10am-6pm Tue-Fri 9am-1pm

CAVAN-MONAGHAN

Sean Conlon, TD
    Email: Sean.Conlon@oireachtas.ie
    Phone:01-6183154
    Fax:01-6184333

Heather Humphreys, TD
    Email: Heather.Humphreys@oireachtas.ie
    Leinster House, Kildare Street, Dublin 2
    Telephone: 01-6183408
    Fax: 01-6184647
    Constituency Office
    Unit 2, Mall Road, Monaghan
    Telephone: 047-71911
    Fax: 047-71912
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heather.humphreysfg

Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin, TD
    Email: ocaolain@oireachtas.ie
    Tel: 01 618 3005

Joe O'Reilly, TD

Email: Joe.O'Reilly@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183721
    Fax: 01-6184601
    Constituency Details
    11 Rossa Place, Cavan
    Telephone: 049-4365853

Brendan Smith, TD
    Email: brendan.smith@oireachtas.ie
    Constituency Office: 3 Carrickfern, Cavan.
    Tel: 049-4362366
    Fax: 049-4362367

CLARE

Pat Breen, TD
    Email: pat.breen@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6184224
    Fax: 01-6184383
    Constituency Details
    Park View House, Lower Market St Carpark, Ennis, Co. Clare
    Telephone: 065-6868466

Joe Carey, TD
    Email: joe.carey@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183337
    Fax: 01-6184520
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joe-Carey/199442566789462
    Constituency Details
    Francis Street, Ennis, Co. Clare
    Telephone: 065-6891199
    Fax: 065-6891205

Timmy Dooley, TD
    Email: timmy.dooley@oireachtas.ie
    8 Mill Road, Ennis, Co. Clare
    Tel: (065) 6891115 or (01) 6183514
    Fax: (065) 6891116 or (01) 6184781

Michael McNamara, TD
    Email: Michael.McNamara@oireachtas.ie
    Tel: Ennis Constituency Office 065-6893639
    Shannon Town Constituency Office 061-479020
    Dáil Office 01 618 3000
    Ennis Constituency Office: Courthouse view, New Road, Ennis, Co. Clare
    Shannon Constituency Office: Sky Court, Shannon, Co. Clare

CORK EAST

Tom Barry, TD
    Email: Tom.Barry@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183328
    Fax: 01-6184605
    Constituency Details
    Monanimy Upper, Killavullen, Mallow, Co. Cork
    Telephone: 022-26800

Sandra McLellan, TD
    Email: Sandra.McLellan@oireachtas.ie
    Tel: 01 618 3122

Sean Sherlock, TD
    Email: sean.sherlock@oireachtas.ie
    Tel 022 53523
    Fax 022 57761
    Mobile 087 7402057

David Stanton, TD
    Email: david.stanton@oir.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183181
    Fax: 01-6184575
    Constituency Details
    29 St. Mary's Road, Midelton, Co. Cork
    Telephone: 021-4632867
    Fax: 021-4621133

CORK NORTH-CENTRAL

Billy Kelleher, TD
    Email: billykelleher@eircom.net
    Tel: 021-4502289
    Fax: 021-4502356
    28a Ballyhooley Road, Dillon's Cross, Cork.

Kathleen Lynch, TD
    Email: kathleen.lynch@oireachtas.ie
    Constituency Office:
    1st Floor, Heron House,Blackpool Retail Park, Blackpool, Cork
    Tel: Constituency Telephone 021 4399930 or 021 4212463
    Constituency Office Fax 021 4215060
    Department Telephone 01 6354426
    Department Fax 01 635 4421
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/KathleenLynchTD

Dara Murphy, TD
    Email: Dara.Murphy@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183862
    Constituency Details
    Camden House, Camden Quay, Cork
    Telephone: 021-4559353
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DaraMurphyTD

Jonathan O'Brien, TD
    Email: Jonathan.O'Brien@oireachtas.ie
    Tel: 01 618 4840

CORK NORTH-WEST

Áine Collins
    Email: aine.Collins@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183873
    Fax: 01-6184522
    Constituency Details
    Fairfield. Millstreet, Co. Cork
    Telephone: 029-71845
    Fax: 029-71845
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aine.collins.fg

Michael Creed, TD
    Email: michael.creed@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183525
    Fax: 01-6184169
    Constituency Details
    95 Railway View, Macroom, Co. Cork
    Telephone: 026-41835
    Fax: 026-41895
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1488813523

Michael Moynihan, TD
    Email: michael.moynihan.td@oireachtas.ie
    Constituency Office, Percival Street, Kanturk, Co Cork.
    Constituency Office, Lower Main St, Charleville, Co Cork.
    Tel: 029-51299 (Kanturk) / 063-21088 (Charleville) or 01-6183595 (Leinster House)
    Fax: 029-51300

CORK SOUTH-CENTRAL

Jerry Buttimer, TD

Email: Jerry.Buttimer@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183380
    Fax: 01-6184554
    Constituency Details
    4A Glasheen Road, Cork
    Telephone: 021-4840652
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JerryButtimer

Simon Coveney, TD
    Email: Simon.Coveney@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6072556
    Constituency Details
    Main Street, Carrigaline, Co. Cork
    Telephone: 021-4374200
    Fax: 021-4374862
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SimonCoveney

Ciarán Lynch, TD
    Email: ciaran.lynch@oireachtas.ie
    Tel 021 4366200
    Constituency Office, 29 St Patrick's Mills
    Douglas, Cork

Micheál Martin, TD
    Email: micheal.martin@oireachtas.ie
    137 Evergreen Road, Turner's Cross, Cork.
    Tel: 021-4320088
    Fax: 021-4320089
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/michealmartintd

Michael McGrath, TD
    Email: michael.mcgrath@oireachtas.ie
    Constituency Office, Main Street, Carrigaline, Co Cork.
    Tel: 021-4376699 (Office 9-5pm)

CORK SOUTH-WEST

Jim Daly, TD
    Email: Jim.Daly@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183886
    Fax: 01-6184564
    Constituency Details
    Lamb Street, Clonakilty, Co. Cork
    Telephone: 023-8858770
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1552427655

Noel Harrington, TD

Email: Noel.Harrington@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183956
    Fax: 01-6184136
    Constituency Details
    High Street, Bantry, Co. Cork
    Telephone: 027-56222
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/noel.harrington

Michael McCarthy, TD
    Email: Michael.McCarthy@oireachtas.ie
    Tel: Constituency Office 023 8855705
    Fax: Constituency Office 023 8855706
    Mobile 087 6481004
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1218412031tor-Michael-McCarthy/131069950290425

DONEGAL NORTH-EAST

Pádraig MacLochlainn, TD
    Email: Padraig.MacLochlainn@oireachtas.ie
    Tel: 01 618 4061

Charlie McConalogue, TD
    Email: Charlie.McConalogue@oireachtas.ie
    Constituency Office:
    Chapel Street, Carndonagh, Co. Donegal
    Tel: 074 9373131
    Fax: 074 9373133
    Mobile: 086 8161078
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Charlie-McConalogue/137648099630743?v=wall

Joe McHugh, TD
    Email: joe.mchugh@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6184242
    Fax: 01-6183669
    Constituency Details
    Lower Main Street, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
    Telephone: 074-9164787
    Fax: 074-9164786
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/joe.mchugh.3990

DONEGAL SOUTH-WEST

Pearse Doherty, TD
    Email: Pearse.Doherty@oireachtas.ie
    Tel: 01 618 3960

Dinny McGinley, TD
    Email: dinny.mcginley@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183452
    Fax: 01-6184177
    Constituency Details
    Magheralosk, Bunbeg, Co. Donegal
    Telephone: 074-9531025/074-9531719
    Fax: 074-9531025
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002038302961

Thomas Pringle, TD
    Email: Thomas.Pringle@oireachtas.ie
    Tel: 01-6183038
    Constituency Office Tel: 074-97-41880
    Address: Connolly House, Bridge Street, Killybegs, Co. Donegal
    Constituency Office Dungloe
    Address: 3 Gweedore Road, Dungloe, Co. Donegal
    Open Thursday's only
    Telephone: 087-2168719
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/ThomasPringleTD?sk=wall#!/ThomasPringleTD?sk=info

DUBLIN CENTRAL

Joe Costello, TD
    Email: joe.costello@oireachtas.ie
    Tel: Constituency Office 01 6183896
    Constituency Office 01 4082073
    Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade 01 4082014
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/joecostellotd

Paschal Donohoe, TD
    Email: Paschal.Donohoe@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183689
    Fax: 01-6184140
    Constituency Details
    Phibsborough Plaza, Phibsborough, Dublin 7
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paschal.donohoe

Mary Lou McDonald, TD
    Email: MaryLou.McDonald@oireachtas.ie
    Tel: 01 618 3230
    Constituency Offices
    58 Fassaugh Avenue, Cabra, Dublin 7
    Tel: 01 868 3934
    139 North Strand Road, Dublin 3
    Tel: 01 772 7102

Maureen O'Sullivan, TD
    Email: maureen.osullivan@oireachtas.ie
    Tel: 01 6183488

DUBLIN MID WEST

Robert Dowds, TD
    Email: Robert.Dowds@oireachtas.ie
    Tel Dáil Office 01 618 3446
    Constituency Office 01 4056895 or 01 618 4170
    Clinics details http://www.labour.ie/robertdowds/clinics.html
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-Dowds/317195538269

Frances Fitzgerald, TD
    Email: Frances.Fitzgerald@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183771
    Fax: 01-6184512
    Constituency Details
    Laurel House, New Road, Clondalkin, Dublin 22
    Telephone: 01-4577712

Derek Keating, TD
    Email: Derek.Keating@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6184014
    Fax: 01-6184626
    Constituency Details
    66 Beech Park, Lucan, Co.Dublin
    Telephone: 087-2857435
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Keating.Derek

Joanna Tuffy, TD
    Email: joanna.tuffy@oireachtas.ie
    Tel Dáil Office 01 6183822
    Constituency Office 01 6218400
    Clinics details - http://www.labour.ie/joannatuffy/clinics.html
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Joanna-Tuffy-TD/181115348573461

DUBLIN NORTH

Clare Daly, TD
    Email: Clare.Daly@oireachtas.ie
    Phone: 01-6183390
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ClareDalyTD

Alan Farrell, TD
    Email: Alan.Farrell@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6184008
    Fax: 01-6184328
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1035764987

Dr. James Reilly, TD
    Email: james.reilly@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6711026
    Constituency Details
    Chamber Buildings, 1st Floor, Unit 3, North Street, Swords, Co. Dublin
    Telephone: 01-8901300
    Fax: 01-8417633
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DrJamesReillyTD

Brendan Ryan, TD
    Email: Brendan.Ryan@oireachtas.ie
    Tel Dáil office 01 618 3421 or 01 618 4584
    Clinics details http://www.labour.ie/brendanryan/clinics.html
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brendan-Ryan-Labour-Party/184047904961795

DUBLIN NORTH CENTRAL

Richard Bruton, TD
    Email: richard.bruton@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6312172
    Fax: 01-6184501
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/richardbrutontd

Finian McGrath, TD
    Email: finian.mcgrath@oireachtas.ie
    Tel: Dail Office: 01 618 3942
    Tel: Constituency Office: 01 618 3031
    Fax: 01 618 4993

Aodhán Ó Ríordáin, TD
    Email: aodhan.oriordain@oir.ie
    Tel 01 6183209
    Mobile 086 8190336
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AodhanORiordain

DUBLIN NORTH-EAST

Tommy Broughan, TD
    Email: thomas.p.broughan@oireachtas.ie
    Phone; 01 6183557 (Dail Eireann)
    Fax: 01 6184545
    Clinics Information http://www.tommybroughan.com/newsite/index.php/contacts/

Terence Flanagan, TD
    Email: terence.flanagan@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183634
    Fax: 01-6184571
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001700869544

Sean Kenny, TD
    Email: Sean.Kenny@oireachtas.ie
    Tel 016183744
    Mobile 086 8126340
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SeanKennyTD

DUBLIN NORTH-WEST

Dessie Ellis, TD
    Email: Dessie.Ellis@oireachtas.ie
    Tel: 01 618 3006
    Constituency office : 01 834 7575

John Lyons, TD
    Email: John.Lyons@oireachtas.ie
    Constituency Details Labour Party Office, 5 Main Street
    Finglas, Dublin 11
    Tel: Leinster House Office 01 618 3280
    Clinic Details http://www.labour.ie/johnlyons/clinics.html
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JohnLyonsDublinNorthWest

Róisín Shortall, TD
    Email: roisin.shortall@oireachtas.ie
    Tel For Constituency Matters: 01 6183593
    Fax: 01 635 4765
    Clinics details http://www.labour.ie/roisinshortall/clinics.html

DUBLIN SOUTH

Peter Mathews, TD
    Email: Peter.Mathews@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6184443
    Fax: 01-6184650
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/petermathewsfg

Olivia Mitchell, TD
    Email: olivia.mitchell@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183088
    Fax: 01-6184579
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/oliviamitchellTD

Shane Ross, TD
    Email: Shane.Ross@oireachtas.ie
    Tel: 01 6183014
    Fax : 01 618 4192
    Constituency Officer: Stephen O'Shea, Tel : 01 618 3342

Alan Shatter, TD
    Email: alan.shatter@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183911
    Fax: 01-6184135

Alex White, TD
    Email: Alex.White@oireachtas.ie
    Tel 01 618 3972
    Clinics details http://www.labour.ie/alexwhite/clinics.html
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Alex-White/58389344622

DUBLIN SOUTH-CENTRAL

Catherine Byrne, TD
    Email: catherine.byrne@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183083
    Fax: 01-6184511
    Constituency Details
    5A Tyrconnell Road, Inchicore, Dublin 8
    Telephone: 01-4735080/01-4735087
    Fax: 01-4735112
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001779687553

Eric Byrne, TD
    Email: Eric.Byrne@oireachtas.ie
    Tel Office 01-6183223
    Fax: 01 6184371
    Advice Centre: Crumlin Area Office
    Directions: The centre is located in the Dublin City Council area office, which is in the heart of Crumlin Village.
    Days & Times: Every Monday at 11 a.m., except for the month of August
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=540411687

Joan Collins, TD
    Email: Joan.Collins@oireachtas.ie
    Phone Joan at Dail Eireann at 6183215
    Constituency Office
    10A Old County Road
    (Across from Crumlin Shopping Centre)
    Dublin 12
    Contact the office at
    01 454 0085 / 454 0086
    Facebook: http://en-gb.facebook.com/people/Joan-Collins/100000746982480

Michael Conaghan, TD
    Email: Michael.Conaghan@oireachtas.ie
    Tel Dáil Office 01 618 4033
    Dáil Fax 01 618 4632
    Mobile: 086 1753747

Aengus Ó Snodaigh, TD
    Email: aengus.osnodaigh@oireachtas.ie
    Tel: 01 618 4084

DUBLIN SOUTH-EAST

Lucinda Creighton, TD
    Email: lucinda.creighton@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6194309
    Fax: 01-6184191
    Constituency Details
    Telephone: 01-6194453
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=550146716

Kevin Humphreys, TD
    Email: Kevin.Humphreys@oireachtas.ie
    Tel Office: 01 6183224
    Mobile: 087 2989103
    Clinics details http://www.labour.ie/kevinhumphreys/clinics.html
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cllrkevinhumphreys

Eoghan Murphy, TD
    Email: Eoghan.Murphy@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183324
    Fax: 01-6184666
    Constituency Details
    54A Ranelagh Triangle, Ranelagh, Dublin 6
    Telephone: 01-6183324
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/murphyeoghan

Ruairí Quinn, TD
    Email: ruairi.quinn@oireachtas.ie
    Tel Office: 01 6183434
    Fax: 01 6184153
    Clinics details http://www.ruairiquinn.ie/?page_id=286

DUBLIN SOUTH-WEST

Sean Crowe, TD
    Email: Sean.Crowe@oireachtas.ie
    Tel: 01 618 3941

Brian Hayes, TD
    Email: brian.hayes@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183567
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brian-Hayes-TD/213901058679622

Eamonn Maloney, TD
    Email: Eamonn.Maloney@oireachtas.ie
    Tel Office: 01-6184833

Pat Rabbitte, TD
    Email: pat.rabbitte@oireachtas.ie
    Constituency office - 29 - 31 Adelaide Road, Dublin 2
    Tel Constituency Office 01 678 2011 / 01 618 3772
    Department Office 01 678 2000 / 01 678 9807
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pat-Rabbitte-TD/137057356358931

DUBLIN WEST

Joan Burton, TD
    Email: joan.burton@oireachtas.ie
    Tel Dail: 01 6184006
    Fax: (01) 6184175
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Joan-Burton/300073646806

Joe Higgins, TD
    Email: Joe.Higgins@oireachtas.ie
    Phone: 01-6183370

Patrick Nulty, TD
    Email: patrick.nulty@oireachtas.ie
    Tel: (01) 618 3133
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Patrick-Nulty/67427617480
    Advice centres http://patricknulty.ie/?page_id=1013

Dr. Leo Varadkar, TD
    Email: leo.varadkar@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6041062
    Fax: 01-6184125
    Constituency Details
    37A Main Street, Ongar, Dublin 15
    Telephone: 01-6403133
    Fax: 01-6403155
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Leo-Varadkar-TD/178974912140818

DÚN LAOGHAIRE

Sean Barrett, TD
    Email: sean.barrett@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183895
    Fax: 01-6184127
    Constituency Details
    2-3 Rogans Court, Patrick Street, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
    Telephone: 01-2845333
    Fax: 01-2845250

Richard Boyd Barrett, TD
    Email: Richard.BoydBarrett@oireachtas.ie
    Tel: 01-6183449
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=574107974

Eamon Gilmore, TD
    Email: eamon.gilmore@oireachtas.ie
    Tel 01 618 3566 To Contact the Labour Party Leader's Office.
    01 4082018 & 01 408 2019 FOR CONSTITUENCY QUERIES ONLY.
    Constituency Office Fax: 01 4082690
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/EamonGilmore

Mary Mitchell O'Connor, TD
    Email: Mary.MitchellOConnor@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183302
    Fax: 01-6184344
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001867521181

GALWAY EAST

Ciaran Cannon, TD
    Email: Ciaran.Cannon@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-8896510
    Fax: 01-6184796
    Constituency Details
    King Street, Loughrea, Co. Galway
    Telephone: 091-880790
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ciaran.cannon

Paul J Connaughton, TD
    Email: PaulJ.Connaughton@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183032
    Fax: 01-6184373
    Constituency Details
    Main Street, Ballinasloe, Co. Galway
    Telephone: 090-9646878
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=560988008

Colm Keaveney, TD
    Email: Colm.Keaveney@oireachtas.ie
    Tel Constituency Office 093 24070
    Dail Office 01 6183821
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Colm-Keaveney/122380051117671

Michael P Kitt, TD
    Email: michael.kitt@oireachtas.ie
    Tel: (090) 9678147
    Fax: (090) 9678148

GALWAY WEST

Noel Grealish, TD
    Email: noel.grealish@oireachtas.ie
    Constituency Office
    Unit 14 Briarhill Business Park, Briarhill, Galway

Seán Kyne, TD
    Email: Sean.Kyne@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6184426
    Constituency Details
    Telephone: 087-6137372
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SeanKyneTD

Derek Nolan, TD
    Email: Derek.Nolan@oireachtas.ie
    Tel Constituency Office (091) 561006
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dereknolan.galway

Éamon Ó Cuív, TD
    Email: eamon.ocuiv@oireachtas.ie
    Constituency Office
    Kirwin House
    Flood St, Galway
    Phone: (091) 562846
    Fax: (091) 562844

Brian Walsh, TD
    Email: Brian.Walsh@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6184236
    Constituency Details
    114 Bohermore, Galway
    Telephone: 091-513051
    Fax: 091-513050
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000643948346

KERRY NORTH LIMERICK WEST

Jimmy Deenihan, TD
    Email: jdeenihan@eircom.net
    Telephone: 01-6313804
    Constituency Details
    Finuge, Lixnaw, Co. Kerry
    Telephone: 068-40154
    Fax: 068-40383

Martin Ferris, TD
    Email: martin.ferris@oireachtas.ie
    Tel: 01 618 4043

Arthur Spring, TD
    Email: Arthur.Spring@oireachtas.ie
    Tel Kerry Office (066) 71 25337
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/arthurjspring

KERRY SOUTH

Tom Fleming, TD
    Email: Tom.Fleming@oireachtas.ie
    Tel : 01-6183354

Brendan Griffin, TD
    Email: Brendan.Griffin@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6184480
    Fax: 01-6184664
    Constituency Details
    Castlemaine Village, Castlemaine, Co. Kerry
    Telephone: 066-9795666
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=545556933

Michael Healy-Rae, TD
    Email: Michael.HealyRae@oireachtas.ie
    Tel : 01-6184319

KILDARE NORTH

Bernard Durkan, TD
    Email: bernard.durkan@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183732/01-6183191
    Fax: 01-6184515
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bernard-Durkan-TD/116782611727827

Anthony Lawlor, TD
    Email: Anthony.Lawlor@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183007
    Constituency Details
    56 South Main Street, Naas, Co. Kildare
    Telephone: 045-888488
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001680805706

Catherine Murphy, TD
    Email: Catherine.Murphy@oireachtas.ie
    Dáil: 01 618 3099
    Constituency: 01 615 6625
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/catherinemurphytd

Emmet Stagg, TD
    Email: emmet.stagg@oireachtas.ie
    Tel Home: 01 6272149
    Dáil: 01 6183013
    Fax (home): 01 6270601
    Fax (Dail): 01 6184538
    Clinics details http://www.labour.ie/emmetstagg/clinics.html

KILDARE SOUTH

Martin Heydon, TD

Email: Martin.Heydon@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183017
    Fax: 01-6184323
    Constituency Details
    Moorefield Road, Newbridge, Co. Kildare
    Telephone: 045-487624
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/martinheydonfg

Seán Ó Fearghaíl, TD
    Email: sean.ofearghail@oireachtas.ie

Jack Wall, TD
    Email: jack.wall@oireachtas.ie
    Tel Constituency Office Tel 059 86 32874
    Constituency Office Fax 059 86 33157
    Dáil Tel (01) 6183571
    Dáil Fax (01) 6184540
    Clinics details http://www.labour.ie/jackwall/clinics.html

LAOIGHIS-OFFALY

Marcella Corcoran Kennedy, TD
    Email: corcorankennedy@eircom.net
    Telephone: 01-6184075
    Fax: 01-6184582
    Constituency Details
    5 The Courtyard, Emmet Street, Birr, Co. Offaly
    Telephone: 057-9125825
    Fax: 057-9122865
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/marcella.corcorankennedy

Barry Cowen, TD
    Email: barry.cowen@oireachtas.ie
    Constituency Office: Grand Canal House
    William St, Tullamore, Co. Offaly
    Tel: 057 9321976
    Fax: 057 9321910
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100001924079188

Charles Flanagan, TD
    Email: charles.flanagan@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183652
    Fax: 01-6184568
    Constituency Details
    Lismard Court, Portlaoise, Co. Laois
    Telephone: 057-8620232
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1080158510

Sean Fleming, TD
    Email: sean.fleming@oireachtas.ie
    Tel: 057 8732692
    Fax: 057 8732922

Brian Stanley, TD
    Email: Brian.Stanley@oireachtas.ie
    Tel: 01 618 3987

LIMERICK

Niall Collins, TD
    Email: niall.collins@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone - 01 6184277
    Fax 01 6184183
    Constituency Office:
    Red House Hill, Patrickswell, Co Limerick
    Tel 061 300 149. Fax: 061 307451
    Mobile: 087 2749659
    Clinic details http://www.niallcollinstd.ie/
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000787972474

Dan Neville, TD
    Email: daniel.neville@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183356
    Fax: 01-6184581
    Constituency Details
    Main Street, Rathkeale, Co. Limerick
    Telephone: 069-63610
    Fax: 069-63609
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1436657462

Patrick O'Donovan, TD
    Email: Patrick.O'Donovan@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183610
    Fax: 01-6184677
    Constituency Details
    24 Maiden Street, Newcastle West, Co. Limerick/Main Street, Cappamore, Co. Limerick
    Telephone: 069-77998/061-381868
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=579346009

LIMERICK CITY

Michael Noonan, TD
    Email: michael.noonan@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6764735
    Fax: 01-6184504
    Constituency Details
    Telephone: 061-229350

Willie O'Dea, TD
    Email: willie.odea@oireachtas.ie
    Tel: 061-454488/454522
    Fax: 061-328849

Kieran O'Donnell, TD
    Email: kieran.odonnell@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183808
    Fax: 01-6184199
    Constituency Details
    27 William Street, Limerick
    Telephone: 061-204040
    Fax: 061-204057
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001635598211

Jan O'Sullivan, TD
    Email: jan.osullivan@oireachtas.ie
    Dáil Tel 01 6183670
    Dáil Fax 01 6184617
    Constituency Office Tel 061 312316 Fax 061 313707
    Mechanics Institute, Hartstonge Street, Limerick

LONGFORD - WESTMEATH

James Bannon, TD
    Email: james.bannon@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6184226
    Fax: 01-6184398
    Constituency Details
    Richmond Street, Longford
    Telephone: 043-3336185
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jamesbannonTD

Nicky McFadden, TD
    Email: Nicky.McFadden@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183938
    Fax: 01-6184139
    Constituency Office Athlone: Sean Costello Street, Athlone
    Phone: (090) 64 78004
    Constituency Office Mullingar: Dominick Street, Mullingar
    Phone: (044) 93 90534
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NickyMcFaddenTD

Willie Penrose, TD
    Email: willie.penrose@oireachtas.ie
    Tel 01 6183734
    Fax 01 6184541
    Constituency Office - Convent Lane, Bishop Gate Street, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath
    Tel 044 93 43987
    Fax 044 93 43966
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WilliePenroseLabourParty

Robert Troy, TD
    Email: Robert.Troy@oireachtas.ie
    Tel: (01) 6184059
    Mobile: (087) 7979890
    Constituency details
    The Manse, Castle Street
    Mullingar, Co. Westmeath
    Tel: 044 9330769
    Facebook: http://en-gb.facebook.com/people/Robert-Troy/1596728296

LOUTH

Gerry Adams, TD
    Email: gerry.adams@oireachtas.ie
    Tel 01 6184884

Peter Fitzpatrick, TD
    Email: Peter.Fitzpatrick@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183563
    Fax: 01-6184514
    Constituency Details
    2 Court House Square, Dundalk, Co. Louth
    Telephone: 042-9330100
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002024295766

Séamus Kirk, TD
    Email: seamus.kirk@oireachtas.ie
    Tel: (042) 9331032 or (01) 6183468
    Fax: 042-9355680

Gerald Nash, TD
    Email: Gerald.Nash@oireachtas.ie
    Tel 01 6183576
    Constituency Office:
    Connolly Hall, Palace Street, Drogheda,Co Louth.
    Tel: 041 9810811
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1044516565

Fergus O'Dowd, TD
    Email: fergus.odowd@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6782024
    Fax: 01-6184628
    Constituency Details
    Unit 1, Jameson House, Bachelor's Lane, Drogheda, Co. Louth
    Telephone: 041-9842275
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fergus-ODowd-TD/109482069074958

MAYO

Dara Calleary, TD
    Email: dara.calleary@oireachtas.ie
    Constituency Office: 19 Pearse Road, Ballina, Co. Mayo
    Tel: 096 77613
    Fax: 096 78510
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dara-Calleary-TD/121643426343

Enda Kenny, TD
    Email: enda.kenny@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6194020
    Fax: 01-6764048
    Constituency Details
    Tucker Street, Castlebar, Co. Mayo
    Telephone: 094-9025600
    Fax: 094-9026554
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/endakennyofficial

Michelle Mulherin, TD
    Email: Michelle.Mulherin@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183065
    Fax: 01-6184599
    Constituency Details
    John Street, Ballina, Co. Mayo
    Telephone: 096-77596
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/people/Michelle-Mulherin/1394704019

John O'Mahony, TD
    Email: john.omahony@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183706
    Fax: 01-6184595
    Constituency Details
    D'Alton Street, Claremorris, Co. Mayo
    Telephone: 094-9373560
    Fax: 094-9373379
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/john.omahonytd

Michael Ring, TD
    Email: michael.ring@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6041034
    Fax: 01-6041672
    Constituency Details
    Quay Street, Westport, Co. Mayo
    Telephone: 098-25734/098-27012
    Fax: 098-27644

MEATH EAST

Regina Doherty, TD
    Email: Regina.Doherty@oireachtas.ie Telephone: 01-6183573
    Fax: 01-6184524
    Constituency Details
    2 Main Street, Ratoath, Co. Meath
    Telephone: 01-8257204
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cllr.regina.doherty

Dominic Hannigan, TD
    Email: Dominic.Hannigan@oireachtas.ie
    Work Address: 6 Civic Square, Ashbourne, Co. Meath
    Telephone: 01 835 3871
    Clinics details http://www.dominichannigan.com/clinics/
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Senator-Dominic-Hannigan/110917065610132

MEATH WEST

Ray Butler, TD
    Email: Ray.Butler@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183378
    Fax: 01-6184616
    Constituency Details
    1 St Martin's House, Finnegan's Way, Trim, Co. Meath
    Telephone: 046-9486717

Damien English, TD
    Email: damien.english@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6184012
    Fax: 01-6183430
    Constituency Details
    20 Watergate Street, Navan, Co. Meath
    Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
    Closed for lunch 1pm to 2pm
    Telephone: 046-9071667
    Fax: 046-9072225
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000056572070

Peadar Tóibín, TD
    Email: Peadar.Toibin@oireachtas.ie
    Tel: 01 618 3518

ROSCOMMON LEITRIM SOUTH

Frank Feighan, TD
    Email: frank.feighan@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6184289
    Fax: 01-6184799
    Constituency Details
    Bridge Street, Boyle, Co. Roscommon
    Telephone: 071-9662608
    Fax: 071-9662383
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001403124521

Luke 'Ming' Flanagan, TD
    Email: luke@lukemingflanagan.ie
    Tel 086 368 5680
    Constituency office,
    Priory House, Barrack Street, Castlerea, Co. Roscommon
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Lukemingflanagan

Denis Naughten, TD
    Email: denis.naughten@oireachtas.ie Tel: 01 6183545
    Fax: 01 6184581
    Mobile: 086 170 8800
    Constituency Offices :
    Abbey Street, Roscommon
    Tel: 090 6627557
    Mon, Tue, Thurs, Fri 10am-5pm
    Monksland Business Park, Athlone, Co. Roscommon
    Tel:090 6435039
    Tue (by appointment), Wed 10am-5pm, Thurs 7-8pm (drop in clinic)
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000788867080

SLIGO LEITRIM NORTH

Michael Colreavy, TD
    Email: Michael.Colreavy@oireachtas.ie
    Tel: 01 618 3745

Tony McLoughlin, TD
    Email: Tony.McLoughlin@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183537
    Fax: 01-6184503
    Constituency Details
    48 John Street, Sligo/Main Street, Manorhamilton, Co Leitrim (Thu/Fri only)
    Telephone: 071-9110011/071-9856626

John Perry, TD
    Email: john.perry@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6312243
    Fax: 01-6184610
    Constituency Details
    Westward Town Centre, Bridge Street, Sligo
    Telephone: 071-9151011/071-9189611
    Fax: 071-9151119
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002028216471

TIPPERARY NORTH

Noel J Coonan, TD
    Email: noel.coonan@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183842
    Fax: 01-6184789
    Constituency Details
    Bank Street, Templemore, Co. Tipperary/1 Rosemount, Roscrea, Co. Tipperary/
    Pearse Street, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary
    Telephone: 0504-32544/0505-31655/067-33008
    Fax: 0504-56796
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/noelcoonan

Alan Kelly, TD
    Email: Alan.Kelly@oireachtas.ie
    Work Address: No 1 Summerhill Nenagh, Co. Tipperary
    Tel: Office 067 34190
    Fax: 067 34011
    Department 01 670 7444
    Clinics details http://www.alankelly.ie/clinics/
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/alankellylabour

Michael Lowry, TD
    Email: michael.lowry@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 0504 22022
    Fax: 0504 23349

TIPPERARY SOUTH

Tom Hayes, TD
    Email: tom.hayes@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183168
    Fax: 01-6184634
    Constituency Details
    The Green, Cashel, Co. Tipperary
    Telephone: 062-62892/052-618073
    Fax: 062-63595
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TomHayesTipperaryTD

Seamus Healy, TD
    Email: Seamus.Healy@oireachtas.ie
    Tel: 052 6121883
    Clinics details http://wuag.wordpress.com/deputy-seamus-healy-td/

Mattie McGrath, TD
    Email: mattie.mcgrath@oireachtas.ie
    Constituency Office
    2 Joyce's Lane, The Quay, Clonmel, Co Tipperary
    Tel: 052 6129155 / 086 8184307
    Clinics details http://www.mattiemcgrath.ie/clinics.asp

WATERFORD

Paudie Coffey, TD

Email: Paudie.Coffey@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183902
    Fax: 01-6184572
    Constituency Details
    62 Mayors Walk, Waterford
    Telephone: 051-853867
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1107070069

Ciara Conway, TD
    Email: Ciara.Conway@oireachtas.ie
    Tel Dáil office 01 618 4011
    Constituency Office
    36 Mary Street, Dungarvan, Co. Waterford
    Tel Constituency Office 058 24514
    Clinics details http://www.labour.ie/ciaraconway/clinics.html

John Deasy, TD
    Email: john.deasy@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183596
    Fax: 01-6184517
    Constituency Details
    83 O'Connell Street, Dungarvan, Co. Waterford
    Telephone: 058-43003 Fax: 058-45315

John Halligan, TD
    Email: John.Halligan@oireachtas.ie
    Tel 051 - 871735
    Clinics details http://www.johnhalligan.net/constituency-offices/
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnhalliganwaterford

WEXFORD

John Browne, TD
    Email: john.browne@oireachtas.ie
    Constituency Details
    Lower Church Street, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford
    Tel: 053 92 35046 Fax: 053 92 35049
    Constituency Office open Monday to Friday 10.00am - 1.00pm and 2.00pm - 4.00pm.

Brendan Howlin, TD
    Email: brendan.howlin@oireachtas.ie
    Tel Minister's Office (01) 631 8102
    Minister's Office (01) 631 8021
    Constituency Phone (053) 912 4036
    Constituency Fax (053) 912 3765
    Clinics details http://www.labour.ie/brendanhowlin/clinics.html

Paul Kehoe, TD
    Email: paul.kehoe@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6194080
    Constituency Details
    7 Weafer Street, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford
    Telephone: 053-9243558
    Fax: 053-9239562
    Clinics details http://www.paulkehoe.com/?page_id=23
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1052814002

Dr. Liam Twomey, TD
    Email: Liam.Twomey@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6184299
    Fax: 01-6184536
    Constituency Details
    Anne Street, Wexford
    Telephone: 053-9146682
    Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000910306491

Mick Wallace, TD
    Email: Mick.Wallace@oireachtas.ie
    Phone: 01 618 3287
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/wallacemick

WICKLOW

Stephen Donnelly, TD
    Email: Stephen.Donnelly@oireachtas.ie
    Phone: 01 618 4293
    Constituency Office: Church Road, Greystones
    Tel: (01) 2017300
    Mobile: 086 3602421
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/DonnellyforWicklow

Andrew Doyle, TD
    Email: andrew.doyle@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183611
    Fax: 01-6184560
    Constituency Details
    2a, The Lower Mall, Wicklow
    Telephone: 0404-66622
    Fax: 0404-66670
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AndrewDoyleTD

Anne Ferris, TD
    Email: Anne.Ferris@oireachtas.ie
    Tel Dáil office 01 6183539
    Fax Dáil Office 01 6184671
    Constituency Office
    115 Main Street, Bray, Co Wicklow
    Tel Constituency office 01 2764699
    Constituency Office Fax 01 2116664
    Clinics details http://www.labour.ie/anneferris/clinics.html
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Anne-Ferris/105231102881307

Simon Harris, TD
    Email: Simon.Harris@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183805
    Fax: 01-6184197
    Constituency Details
    Office Unit 4, Market Court, Main Street, Bray, Co. Wicklow
    Telephone: 01-2813727
    Clinics details http://www.simonharris.ie/?page_id=173
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DeputySimonHarris

Billy Godfrey, TD
    Email: billy.timmins@oireachtas.ie
    Telephone: 01-6183384
    Fax: 01-6184604
    Constituency Details
    Weaver Square, Baltinglass, Co Wicklow
    Telephone: 059-6481016
    Fax: 059-6482444
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/billy.timmins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

http://www.nasrpc.ie/hot-news-1/informationevening-november17th

NASRPC will be holding an Information evening
    for affiliated clubs and their members
    in the Clubhouse, Harbour House Sports Club, Co. Kildare at
    7PM the evening of Monday November 17th.
    There, we will explain what the Sports Coalition is, why it is different from previous attempts at unity,
    why it is so important and what it is doing on behalf of all license holders.
    We will also outline what it is that we want you and your members to do to aid the Coalition in its efforts.

Please make all effort to attend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭Deaf git

Of course there is no magic bullet, Of course we must lobby TD's, lets not forget Senators too. Did me shag all good when I lobbied them on a few issues (non gun) in recent years, but I'll go at it again.
    An open letter in a paid advert will get a clear, unadulterated message to the Minister that is difficult to ignore.
    Paid advocates are polished and savvy. Shooting reps often aren't.
    And please, no more recriminations and backroom negotiations.
    The govt are in a hard place over water etc, AGS are in an awkward place too. We need to make things even more awkward publicly. With an offer to walk quietly away if given fair treatment to all branches of our hobby.

• Advertisement
Advertisement