Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If This Is True, We're Heading For Trouble

Options
  • 16-02-2008 2:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I found this message on another Board, and thought the whole idea was interesting and convincing. This was the message I came across:

WARNING!
    The information in the linked article is of the sort that could cause one to be overwhelmed by fear. I do not want to cause that and I feel like I need to apologize for even posting this, but it needs to be looked at. As you read, the scope of the thing will slowly hit you.

THE GREAT ABYSS
    THE LORD'S GREAT LAKE OF FIRE
    AN ENTIRE CONTINENT BURNING
    THE VERY CONCEPT OF HELL

IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT THE U.S GOVERNMENT HAS HAD ITS MILITARY, ITS BEST EXPERTS, SCIENTISTS FROM AMERICA'S BEST UNIVERSITIES, AS WELL AS EXPERTS FROM THE CHEVRON OIL COMPANY, EXAMINE WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO READ, AND NOT ONE OF THEM HAS BEEN ABLE TO DISPROVE ANY PART OF IT !! THEY KNOW IT'S TRUE, BUT THERE'S NO SOLUTION, SO THEY DON'T DARE TELL YOU !!

The Two articles are Centralia and The Great Abyss.

AnaA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Global warming?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Soul Winner

AnaA wrote: »
    I found this message on another Board, and thought the whole idea was interesting and convincing. This was the message I came across:

WARNING!
    The information in the linked article is of the sort that could cause one to be overwhelmed by fear. I do not want to cause that and I feel like I need to apologize for even posting this, but it needs to be looked at. As you read, the scope of the thing will slowly hit you.

THE GREAT ABYSS
    THE LORD'S GREAT LAKE OF FIRE
    AN ENTIRE CONTINENT BURNING
    THE VERY CONCEPT OF HELL

IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT THE U.S GOVERNMENT HAS HAD ITS MILITARY, ITS BEST EXPERTS, SCIENTISTS FROM AMERICA'S BEST UNIVERSITIES, AS WELL AS EXPERTS FROM THE CHEVRON OIL COMPANY, EXAMINE WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO READ, AND NOT ONE OF THEM HAS BEEN ABLE TO DISPROVE ANY PART OF IT !! THEY KNOW IT'S TRUE, BUT THERE'S NO SOLUTION, SO THEY DON'T DARE TELL YOU !!

http://www.theamericannightmare.org/99_centralia_A-D.html

AnaA

Too much to sift through. Please copy and paste relevant points thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

To paraphrase:
    The United States of America sits atop a massive, uncontrollable fire that has the potential to consume the entire country. If that were to happen, the situation closely mirrors a place that God is prophecized to destroy in the Bible.

More likely, it's the work of the Guidestone people, finally re-emerging to eradicate 90% of the world's population.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

I found this message on another Board, and thought the whole idea was interesting and convincing. This was the message I came across
    AnaA
    Bad first post.
    I hope your next post contains something you would like to say.
    I have removed the URL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Kinda reminds me of spam / virus mails I get every so often.

BIG THREAT WRITTEN ALL IN CAPS

Then various officious sounding organisations to lend credibility to whatever they're trying to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Too much fire and not enough brimstone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭wolfsbane

Kinda reminds me of spam / virus mails I get every so often.

BIG THREAT WRITTEN ALL IN CAPS

Then various officious sounding organisations to lend credibility to whatever they're trying to say.
    Exactly. Not to impune the motives of the poster, who may be open to 'old wives tales' but sincere nevertheless.

I heard something like it before - drillers hearing the cries of the damned from their deepest shaft. Pity the gullible folks don't check the Bible first, where they will find Hades is presently occupied by bodiless souls, with no access to the physical world. That would include the sound waves used in speech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

It's not true, but we're still headed for trouble anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 AnaA

Asiaprod wrote: »
    Bad first post.
    I hope your next post contains something you would like to say.
    I have removed the URL.

Well, I can hardly discuss it if you removed the link.

If you don't thing the energy companies are causing a huge underground mess, then why the explosion yesterday at an oil refinery in Texas?

AnaA

wolfsbane wrote: »
    Exactly. Not to impune the motives of the poster, who may be open to 'old wives tales' but sincere nevertheless.

I heard something like it before - drillers hearing the cries of the damned from their deepest shaft. Pity the gullible folks don't check the Bible first, where they will find Hades is presently occupied by bodiless souls, with no access to the physical world. That would include the sound waves used in speech.

That's ridiculous. Judgment Day hasn't occurred yet.
    AnaA

• Advertisement

http://www.theamericannightmare.org/...ralia_A-D.html

here's the link, above.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well, I can hardly discuss it if you removed the link.

If you don't thing the energy companies are causing a huge underground mess, then why the explosion yesterday at an oil refinery in Texas?

AnaA

It only happened yesterday. They're still investigating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

I gotta say that mods you may have removed the link from the original post but not from the quote on this page. Also I would like to say that alot of information on that website is what seems like alot of their own interperatation of the old testament and is looking at disasters that some of the companies have in advertently made themselves.
    Seems like a very god fearing scaremonger to be honest

Ps: This is not directed at the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Seems like a very god fearing scaremonger to be honest
    true.
    how many more freakin times is it gonna be the end of the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

nerin wrote: »
    true.
    how many more freakin times is it gonna be the end of the world?

According to the website not the end of the world just the end of the United States so its a little bit of a new one but probably a load of babble and B.S:)

the US is always doomed, just look at all those action movies. we all know steven seagal or the like is gonna save them at the last minute.

seriously though,alot of traditions and religions have end time warnings and stuff.
    its logical to think humans are going to destroy life as we know it jim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Before the tribulation, the Bible predicts a global totalitarian cashless society. We are already heading straight into it. One would want to be blind not to notice the amount of CCTV cams popping up throughout the city and country, (and every other city in the world), in public transport, atms, shopping malls, public parks, night club floors, dumps, cross roads etc. Along with RFID chipped transit cards, passports and chipped licences, mobile phone records etc you will not be able to budge anywhere without being tracked........ This is what I call real trouble. http://www.klfy.com/Global/story.asp?S=7881310

CCTV cams popping up throughout the city and country, (and every other city in the world), in public transport, atms, shopping malls, public parks, night club floors, dumps, cross roads etc.
    em....yes.
    but isnt that there to record the evil thats happening already?

em....yes.
    but isnt that there to record the evil thats happening already?
    In theory yes but in reality :eek::eek:

but in reality
    proof???
    anything concrete? at all?
    and sci fi/conspiracy theories don't count.

• Advertisement

proof???
    anything concrete? at all?
    and sci fi/conspiracy theories don't count.
    Look at the way the London Metropllitan police tracked down Jean Charles de Menezes movements through CCTV footage and oyster card records prior to their final move on him which cost him his life. They then tried to cover it up. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Charles_de_MenezesThis is an example of this system at its worst. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4800490.stm

through CCTV footage and oyster card records
    thats a good point,because i'd have to be mad to argue with you over it.

neh, ok, yes,that whole incident was bad,but what if he had have been a terrorist and they didnt stop him. of course thats no excuse for his death,but his death is not what you are arguing about, what your doing is scare mongering.
    now im a fan of believing the people in charge are up to no good, but seriously, taking it a little overboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Before the tribulation, the Bible predicts a global totalitarian cashless society.

Except it doesn't actually predict any of that. That is simply one interpretation that to be honest is stretching it quite a bit to make it fit the use of modern technology, when in fact the passages have far more to do with the ancient systems of commerce than any modern one.

wait what???theres nothing in the bible about futuristic technology??? awww

thats a good point,because i'd have to be mad to argue with you over it.

neh, ok, yes,that whole incident was bad,but what if he had have been a terrorist and they didnt stop him. of course thats no excuse for his death,but his death is not what you are arguing about, what your doing is scare mongering.
    now im a fan of believing the people in charge are up to no good, but seriously, taking it a little overboard.
    I trust no one. Right down through history we had corrupt dictatorships who started off as the good guys helping out in the interest of the people but turned out to be the bad apples :eek:.

Caesar, Nero, Hitler, Mussolini and Stalin would all have giver their right arms for such an integrated surveillance and tracking system we have to day. Think how easy it would be able to track down anyone who would dare speak out against it.

i regularly make fun of world leaders. im still here.
    so are you,and your talking about their top secret plan to use nightclub security cameras to get us!

Wicknight wrote: »
    Except it doesn't actually predict any of that. That is simply one interpretation that to be honest is stretching it quite a bit to make it fit the use of modern technology, when in fact the passages have far more to do with the ancient systems of commerce than any modern one.
    That is if you are reading from any of the Modern perverted Bibles which states that a mark is on the hand is required for a commercial transaction. A mark on the hand or forehead could suggest anything from a blob of paint or a scar etched into the skin with a knife, such a system could have been easily been feasible back then and would have been wide opened to abuse and no way could have been effectively enforced.

However the ancient texts state that the mark is in the hand or in the forehead suggesting something far more advanced and sophisticated such as an inserted RFID chip. Even the Catholic Douhay Rheims version correctly states that one must have a character in their right hand or forehead in order to make a commercial transaction. http://bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Bible.show/sVerseID/30927/eVerseID/30927) How could this be feasible back at the time of Nero? no track and trace, biometrics, portal scanners, CCTV etc, I don’t think they even had hypodermic needles back then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Why did you mention ancient texts and then give a link to the King James Bible? Isn't that a relatively recent version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

That is if you are reading from any of the Modern perverted Bibles which states that a mark is on the hand is required for a commercial transaction.

These would be the "modern perverted" Bibles that went back to the original text would it ...
    However the ancient texts state that the mark is in the hand or in the forehead suggesting something far more advanced and sophisticated such as an inserted RFID chip.
    No, the King James Bible says "in the hand", the ancient texts say "on the hand", which is why modern Bibles that went back to the ancient texts also say that.

Of course this has still got nothing to do with "cash-less" society. There is no part of the Bible that says cash is not used.

It most likely has to do with authorized trading, which would have been common concept in John's time. The purpose, in ancient times, of a mark or symbol to allow trading was to limit the buying or selling of goods to State approved people, for example to stop slaves buying good without permission from their masters. Given the repressive nature of that system it is not surprising that early Christians would assume that Satan, if he arrived on Earth, would implement a similar system for everyone.

So forget cash-less society. That isn't mentioned and is in fact missing the whole point of the passage! Bar codes don't limit authorized trading, anyone can develop a bar code. Same with chip and pin systems. Anyone can apply for a chip and pin system.

When the government actually starts limiting who can legally purchase items, get back to me :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

humanji wrote: »
    Why did you mention ancient texts and then give a link to the King James Bible? Isn't that a relatively recent version?
    The King James 1611 is possibly the closest version to the "Textus Receptus" i.e. the original Greek. It is modern compared to the approximately 40 corrupt Bibles that have sprung up in the last centuary based on the distorted Alexandrian texts, Satan is working overtime perverting the word of God and is using the likes of Billy Graham to promote these modern Bibles.

You must also remember that the Church of Rome hid the truth for centuries by forbidding the translating the Bibles into any native tongue. It was kept in from Latin until the reformation until Martin Luther let the cat out of the bag. It was only since the 16th century with the invention of the Guttenbourg press that it made it possible for the scriptures to be published in quantity, prior to this only the Vatican and the very privilaged would of had access to them also the majority of the populations would have been illiterate and would have no choice. Prior to the reformation dealing in Bibles other than through the Catholic Church would have been a more serious offense than dealing in smack or coke to-day because one could have been burned at the stake if caught.. :eek:

Advertisement