Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ninadeer

That actually has protein in it. :/ But thanks for looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

What about Elmlea (it's sold as an "alternative to cream")? I'm not sure what it has in it, but you can get it almost everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ninadeer

I found a couple helpful websites that explained heavy whipping cream does not exist in the UK or Ireland, basically - for anyone else that might be looking. Elmlea also has protein unfortunately (and some vegetable oils). Thanks for the suggestions!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I have about 8 PC's / LCD monitors that I want getting rid of. They're all working fine (office upgraded). Who would come and collect them (office in the city centre) - they'd be handy as a spare / kids PC.

I will have the HDD's removed.

• Advertisement

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I have about 8 PC's / LCD monitors that I want getting rid of. They're all working fine (office upgraded). Who would come and collect them (office in the city centre) - they'd be handy as a spare / kids PC.

I will have the HDD's removed.

I'd be interested in those.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I'd be interested in those.

I'll drop you a PM later

• Registered Users Posts: 47 mademoiselle_r

Hi, I will be a final year university student looking for somewhere to do extra German classes. Been to the French Institute in the Bridge Mills and they are very good but think the other language centre only does beginner German. I am skipping my year abroad all going well so I really need extra German help... cheap as possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Hi, I will be a final year university student looking for somewhere to do extra German classes. Been to the French Institute in the Bridge Mills and they are very good but think the other language centre only does beginner German. I am skipping my year abroad all going well so I really need extra German help... cheap as possible!

Join conversationexchange and languageexchange. you will be able to search for native German speakers in Galway city that are looking to improve their English. It will be free and both parties will be enthusiastic to learn

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭therambler

Hi, I'm a student in Galway and we've got a new house, hopefully for our last two years of college. The house is very basic, as in, just the bare essentials are there. We'd like to make it a bit more comfortable, especially since we'll be there until mid-2017.

Is there any place in Galway that does cheap/second hand furniture or bits and pieces to decorate the house? eg, rugs, posters, cushions, shelves, lamps or anything else that'd make it more homely! Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

You could look up Freecycle or Jumbletown online for second hand furniture. Tiger in the Eyre Square Centre might be nice for bits and pices of decorative stuff/kitchenware, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭therambler

Eeden wrote: »
    You could look up Freecycle or Jumbletown online for second hand furniture. Tiger in the Eyre Square Centre might be nice for bits and pices of decorative stuff/kitchenware, etc

Never heard of those places before, I'll have a look now! Thank you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

therambler wrote: »
    Hi, I'm a student in Galway and we've got a new house, hopefully for our last two years of college. The house is very basic, as in, just the bare essentials are there. We'd like to make it a bit more comfortable, especially since we'll be there until mid-2017.

Is there any place in Galway that does cheap/second hand furniture or bits and pieces to decorate the house? eg, rugs, posters, cushions, shelves, lamps or anything else that'd make it more homely! Thanks.

Please try the charity shops too, they're badly in need of support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

therambler wrote: »

Think Simon have a furniture place in briarhill the vincent de paul do furniture as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

Anywhere in town that would sell cheap, (5-10€) corded radios. Checked dealz and euro giant but they just had battery powered ones

• Registered Users Posts: 9,958 ✭✭✭thesandeman

^
    The electrical place beside Bar na Chaladh in Woodquay might have something. Similar place on Market St. Also Argos might be worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Looking for an all you can eat in Galway - my OH really misses Bodkin Point

Anywhere around Salthill or town that I'd be able to get some photocopies made in the next hour? Hanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

b.gud wrote: »
    Anywhere around Salthill or town that I'd be able to get some photocopies made in the next hour? Hanks

Did you check Centra and Fancy Fayre? Think I saw a copier in one of these. Failing that Clybaun Stores in Knocknacarra have a photocopier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

nicki11 wrote: »
    Looking for an all you can eat in Galway - my OH really misses Bodkin Point

Indian restaurant Tulsi does an all you can eat on Sunday, used to in any case - ate there once and found it pretty lacklustre, only three dishes to choose from, quality was also just OK, definitely a vast difference between the buffet food and what you'd expect from a normal day. Personally wouldn't go back.

Indian out in Oranmore does an all you can eat on Sundays as well, haven't tried that one but plan to.

Bodkin Point though.....that was an incredible experience. Enough food consumed in one sitting to feed a family of four for a week. :(

• Advertisement

Did you check Centra and Fancy Fayre? Think I saw a copier in one of these. Failing that Clybaun Stores in Knocknacarra have a photocopier.

Thanks Cheshire cat you're a lifesaver got it in fancy fare

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Two 20yr old girls, 2nd year students in need of somewhere to stay in galway city. Its a nightmare trying to find anywhere. Everything on daft.ie is gone. Anything considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

The Advertise is far better than Daft for student accommodation usually.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hi, recommendations for a men's shop with waistcoats and dressy shirts in the city please.. I'll have the suit jacket with me for comparisons, larger sized so river island, top man etc won't be of help.. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Ryans, Geraghtys, Hanleys.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Does anyone know anywhere that does Dyspraxia assessments for adults in Galway City? I'm willing to pay to go private, but I can only find places in Dublin or Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't know but you can try these people (if you didn't already)
    http://www.dyspraxia.ie/services_parentsupport_galwaygroup.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Does anyone know anywhere that does Dyspraxia assessments for adults in Galway City? I'm willing to pay to go private, but I can only find places in Dublin or Cork.
    Enable Ireland have a DCD (dyspraxia) support group Facebook page. My son has DCD but he got assessed by educational psychologist then enable Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Hi, recommendations for a men's shop with waistcoats and dressy shirts in the city please.. I'll have the suit jacket with me for comparisons, larger sized so river island, top man etc won't be of help.. Thanks in advance.

Louis Copeland, Hanleys

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ryans, Geraghtys, Hanleys.

Anyone know anything about reidys opposite the post office on eglinton street?. I just want a hit list I guess. Start at Hanleys and walk directly from one to the next as I go.. Hate shopping.. Thanks for the help though..

Advertisement