Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Global Force Wrestling thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Karen "...Jeff leaving the previous company..."

Still no announcement or anything, just suggestions, but that is some definitive wording. Unless I'm mistaken, it's also the first definitive words on a new company.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Insideandout

Apparently it's going to be a Tuesday night show. Guess that makes sense since all the other nights are pretty much taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Apparently it's going to be a Tuesday night show. Guess that makes sense since all the other nights are pretty much taken.

Really good market for anything on a tuesday tbh, always have nothing to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Was there not talk of recently of Smackdown going live on a Tuesday when the new TV deal comes into effect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Yep, WWE are aiming to sell a Sunday-Wednesday package on TV; Total Divas, RAW, Smackdown, Main Event. Replacing Smackdown on Friday might make sense for a new company. That said, if the tv companies don't offer more money in return for Smackdown being live, WWE mightn't bother.

Yep, WWE are aiming to sell a Sunday-Wednesday package on TV; Total Divas, RAW, Smackdown, Main Event. Replacing Smackdown on Friday might make sense for a new company. That said, if the tv companies don't offer more money in return for Smackdown being live, WWE mightn't bother.

Why would they when Smackdown is treated like an after thought? They would have to put some serious time and effort into Smackdown in order for it's value to increase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Why would they when Smackdown is treated like an after thought? They would have to put some serious time and effort into Smackdown in order for it's value to increase.

Because another live broadcast is a massive selling point to networks. The very fact that its live should increase its ratings dramatically.

Whosthis wrote: »
    Because another live broadcast is a massive selling point to networks. The very fact that its live should increase its ratings dramatically.

Not when it's obvious WWE dont care about it.

Live doesnt make a huge difference either. TNA get the exact same rating weather it's live or recorded six weeks in advance. Might see a small bump, but not enough to justify the extra expense in my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

They probably have more expense if its prerecorded with all those edits and crowd noises inserted :D.

I don't think WWE don't care about it so much as that they are short of main eventers which is a problem for every event they do. Without the very top guys and the part timers who are only on RAW we get to see what the rest of the roster can do which isn't much. They do have a lot more in ring action so I always considered it a show aimed at the hardcore fans whereas Raw is for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

TNA seem to be making the eventual tug of love between Jeff and Dixie a lot easier if this is true:
    Some TNA wrestlers are being asked to take less money once their existing contracts expire. In other cases, there are wrestlers with have time left on their deals who have been approached about restructuring their contracts for less pay.

One wrestler noted that former TNA head of talent relations Bruce Prichard approached several wrestlers about restructuring for less pay (roughly half as much in some cases) before their contracts were up, and the same thing is happening now. "Before you know it, they'll be charging wrestlers to perform," a veteran performer cracked.

Powell's POV: TNA has brought in a lot of new talent lately, but the restructuring requests shows that the budget cuts continue. It will be very interesting to see what type of pay the Jeff Jarrett fronted promotion offers and whether that becomes a strong alternative for TNA wrestlers who are unhappy with their pay.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10036087.shtml

I'd say the new wrestlers like Bad Bones are on fairly low money since they are not well known in the States. It's the smart thing to do when looking to cut costs.

I know Bad Influence have their contracts up soon so if Jarrett can get his promotion started before then, I reckon they will be two of the first names signed.

Assuming they dont try and make everyone exclusive like TNA did, there is a fcuk tonne of talent available now. Hero, Styles and Shelley as your main eventers (not to mention the likes of Cole, Steen, Elgin etc), Bad Influence and Young Bucks as your top tag teams. Sorted.

Another new video - http://vimeo.com/87951598

Great to see Karen in so little clothes but anyone get the impression that they're going to announce a Karen/Jeff reality series and not a new wrestling company :P

The videos so far have been **** to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Jesus she looks good for her age. No mention of wrestling it was like a calender shoot

Great to see Karen in so little clothes but anyone get the impression that they're going to announce a Karen/Jeff reality series and not a new wrestling company :P

My best defence of her is that she is/was a REALLY big star in AAA in Mexico. Jeff was the one hanging on her coat tails not the other way round.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Insideandout

I'm reading some reports about AJ, Matt Hardy, Crimson and John Morrison possibly joining Jeff in his new promotion but the website doesn't seem all that reliable. But if so, it's a good mix of established faces and a wasted talent in TNA.

• Advertisement

I'm reading some reports about AJ, Matt Hardy, Crimson and John Morrison possibly joining Jeff in his new promotion but the website doesn't seem all that reliable. But if so, it's a good mix of established faces and a wasted talent in TNA.

The promotion hasnt even been confirmed yet. It's just sites naming free agents.

From Jeff's Twitter:

Bi-iUL_IEAAIKJx.jpg

The day after Wrestlemania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

The promotion hasnt even been confirmed yet. It's just sites naming free agents.

Phil Brooks is a free agent isn't he :pac:

Who? :pac:

Who's he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Who's he?

Some Indy gut I think. Couldn't be a Main Event player with a name like Phil!

Some Indy gut I think. Couldn't be a Main Event player with a name like Phil!

Is he a double j guy tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Is he a double j guy tho?

Wouldn't say so. Seems more like a Phil Brooks guy. At least for the moment anyway.

Looks too skinny. A stupid haircut and way too many tattoo's. He'll never make it. :pac:

Think it's safe to forget about it for the time being. Toby Keith has come out and said that the new project will debut on CMT in January 2015. And its rumoured that a Jeff Jarrett and Karen Jarrett reality series would be the lead in to the new promotion.

CMT is basically MTV and is a sister channel of Spike.

Dave Meltzer said that part of Jeff Jarrett's "release" from TNA was that he couldn't approach SPIKE TV about the project so yeah CMT seems to be the destination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Doubt they can afford Punk unless it's a short-term/one time appearance.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Doubt they can afford Punk unless it's a short-term/one time appearance.

Toby Keith's net worth last year was $320 million. If Keith goes all in, they could afford him quite easily, but the problem is how interested would Punk be.

Jeff Jarrett's big announcement is today too.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

• Advertisement

Sounds like a name from a fantasy Pro Wrestling game.

Yeah this continues to come across as rinky dink. The press release wasn't proof read, the promotion name seems very dated and graphic design of the logo is ****e:

BkoCX29CAAAR--2.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

rovert wrote: »
    Sounds like a name from a fantasy Pro Wrestling game.

Was gonna say...sounds like something from my feed days.

"Global is so we sound big, and Force is so we sound powerful. Rawer."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Mediocre website, no attached talent, nothing about a TV deal or any kind of business model. But they do have t-shirts! They shouldn't have launched with this little info.

Mediocre website, no attached talent, nothing about a TV deal or any kind of business model. But they do have t-shirts! They shouldn't have launched with this little info.

Website has already crashed. Something that shouldn't happen if you knew what you were doing - dedicated servers are fairly cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Looks like something straight out of the year 2000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

That logo doesn't look great. Looks like something you would have seen in the late 90's.

Website is terrible too :o So far it looks like the type of effort you would see from a local indy on a shoe-string budget.

Looks like something straight out of the year 2000.

early 1990s

Their website address is incorrect in their Twitter header:
    BkoHwvMCAAAK7U1.png

Gobal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

What gap in the market has he identified that he didn't try fill with the original incarnation of TNA?

Also, 'Join the Force' is getting a cease & desist from Lucasfilms/Disney in 5, 4, 3, 2............

• Advertisement

Some high level quality control here.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

The spellcheck lines on the press release are just tragic.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Global Farce Wrestling

Too easy

I'm happy enough with it. Dont care about the name or logo or anything like that. I'm just glad it isnt a reality TV show like was rumoured.

Not sure what kind of info you were expecting.

You have to have a promotion before you can sign anybody. I'll be very surprised if they go for exclusive talent anyway. It doesnt make sense. Adam Cole for example isnt going to give up his ROH and PWG spots for a GWF spot, but he could very well do it alongside his ROH and PWG work. Nobody worthwhile will give up their spot in other promotions at this stage.

Who knows if they are even planning on doing a weekly TV show?

Not sure what kind of info you were expecting.

Something more than just a name with a press release in which Jeff Jarrett says nothing. Especially considering he's spent the last few months saying it's coming. Don't do a big reveal unless you actually have some substance behind what you're revealing. Even in the press release, more of that reality wrestling nonsense.

rovert wrote: »
    early 1990s

Their website address is incorrect in their Twitter header:
    BkoHwvMCAAAK7U1.png

Gobal

@GFWWrestling? Whats the extra W for??

• Advertisement

Something more than just a name with a press release in which Jeff Jarrett says nothing. Especially considering he's spent the last few months saying it's coming. Don't do a big reveal unless you actually have some substance behind what you're revealing. Even in the press release, more of that reality wrestling nonsense.

That tends to be all you get in stuff like this. The bare bones. Real life isnt like TEW where you can sign everyone you want, get TV deals and PPV deals all sorted in an hour. It takes a hell of a lot longer than that in real life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Jesus that looks awfully Bush League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Complete shambles... TNA and Global Force Wrestling have to be two of the worst names for any promotions ever.

Doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the box.

I said a while back people like to complain. All we have is a name and look at the amount of complaints already :pac:

At least give it a chance to do a few shows before complaining about everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Yeah like I'm in two minds. One is saying give it time and the other is saying IWW did a better job with their first website/show. Presumably though, Jarrett is smart and has money behind this that isn't just his own, surely he could come up with better. Fair enough as someone else said talent is a different story altogether with contracts etc. But that website literally looks like something I could have done with my own MySpace page when I was 15 using HTTL.

Not that IWW's first show was bad, in fact t was probably one of their best, but I mean in comparison to a company with a top name behind it before anyone gets on their high horse!

• Advertisement
Advertisement