Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supernatural - Season 10 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I enjoyed the first half more, Dean's face in particular was priceless at times. As a fan tribute it was good fun and enjoyable. It had the right blend of the usual elements - poking fun at the writing, demanding fans, interpretations, the online base, etc. The rest was fairly key, which fitted with the episode.

Subtext! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

That was everything I hoped it would be and more :D Simply seeing the word "Mockumentary" and Misha sitting in a hairdresser's chair was a great start.

Got caught up with the last few episodes and honestly that a show in it's tenth series can be fresher and more entertaining than pretty much anything else on TV at the minute says a whole lot. The standard of the writing is really strong this year, even if the first few episodes were pretty much Supernatural going through the motions. The show is somewhat coasting along on the tried and true conflicts of old and the relationship between Sam and Dean is the same as it ever was but the writers have explored it in a fun way, the use of the werewolf sisters was a nice way to explore a lot of what goes unsaid between the brothers.

Fan Fiction is perhaps the finest piece of kitsch ever produced. It's a wonderful, gleeful and ridiculously over the top piece of fan service which celebrates everything that is great about the show. It's funny, touching and manages to say quite a lot in an inventive manner. The musical numbers were damn good and honestly, I'd happily sit through a Broadway musical if it was half as good as the few scenes we saw. The whole thing was just really charming and produced more laughs than any comedic has this year.

I'm really hoping that Adam is brought back, it's one of those storylines which I've wanted to see revisited since it ended and allowing their brother to rot in a cage isn't something that would sit right with the brothers. Chuck's final scene cameo was a lot of fun and the second the tech girl mentioned the ticket being used I knew who was going to be there. Much like Adam, Chuck is one of the shows supporting players I've been looking forward to seeing again and I'm wondering if the nods to both Adam and Chuck are hinting toward where the story is going to go next. I can easily see Sam and Dead unleashing Lucifer on the world and having to take him on again, though this time they'd have the combined efforts of heaven and hell behind them.

Few shows could say so much with so little, the Carry on My Wayward Son scene was beautiful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Few shows could say so much with so little, the Carry on My Wayward Son scene was beautiful.

That rendition of the song gives me chills every time I hear it - its the perfect gift for the fans who've supported the show for 200 episodes...

Ended up watching Fan Fiction a second time last night and it really stood up, that I laughed at the jokes less than an hour after first seeing them says all you need to. Really it's just a great piece of television and one that I'm going to revisit quite often in the coming weeks, months and years.

It was a good lighthearted episode, what Supernatural clearly does really well and I enjoyed it. However placing it straight after "Fan Fiction" did it and the flow of the season a disservice I think.

We have an ambiguity over what state Dean is with demon, mark of Cain or rustiness but it jarred with the emotion of the end of last week when it seemed they really were growing and becoming open instead of Dean shutting the questioning down at source. I enjoyed having some old school supernatural rock playing as they drove away at the end though.

I miss Bobby :(

Made in Taiwan.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭norabattie

I loved it loved it loved it.

Oh it just reminds me of why I love Supernatural so much. I actually preferred it to last weeks one.
    And I disagree that they shouldn't have run them consecutively . Seasons 1 and 2 were mostly MOTW with the odd arc show thrown in. And lately it's all seriousness so I'm glad we got to see the 2 boys back on the road doing what they do best.

• Advertisement

That first scene in the bar and Dean on the dating website and Sam's reactions: Brilliant :D

The funniest moment though was Cole spraying Dean with holy water and nothing happened only a scowl from Dean.
    Deanmon was so last month :pac: I'm sure it's not the last we've seen of him though, even if I've got no idea how he fits into anything.

Crowley's mother eh? Once he approached the cell it was obvious who she was going to be but I spent much of the episode trying to figure out if it was a good or terrible accent for what I presume must be Scottish and not Irish considering Crowley comes from Scotland. I'm intrigued where the story goes from here anyway with Hannah seemingly leaving Cas alone and feeling guilty. Surely there's no reason why he can't team up with Sam and Dean for a while now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

That first scene in the bar and Dean on the dating website and Sam's reactions: Brilliant :D

The funniest moment though was Cole spraying Dean with holy water and nothing happened only a scowl from Dean.
    Deanmon was so last month :pac: I'm sure it's not the last we've seen of him though, even if I've got no idea how he fits into anything.

Crowley's mother eh? Once he approached the cell it was obvious who she was going to be but I spent much of the episode trying to figure out if it was a good or terrible accent for what I presume must be Scottish and not Irish considering Crowley comes from Scotland. I'm intrigued where the story goes from here anyway with Hannah seemingly leaving Cas alone and feeling guilty. Surely there's no reason why he can't team up with Sam and Dean for a while now

Have to say, she had a spot on Scottish accent. :)

deco nate wrote: »
    Have to say, she had a spot on Scottish accent. :)

It just caught me off guard :pac: It seemed authentic but having heard some of the Irish accents in Sons of Anarchy I'll be forever paranoid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

It just caught me off guard :pac: It seemed authentic but having heard some of the Irish accents in Sons of Anarchy I'll be forever paranoid.

Ah Yea, I know what you mean!
    But for once I was glad to hear
    Something that sounds like the real deal! ;)

Edit:it was a bit watered down for the us, but still real. Imo

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭norabattie

Dean on Tinder/ Dating app. lol. That was funny

Really liked this episode . Very reminiscent of Seasons 1-3 again.
    It had a bit of everything in it. Witches, demons, Dean trying to get laid, Crowley etc.
    I especially liked Castiels reaction to Hannah stripping off haha

My heart broke at Hannah's husband showing up but that all ended well. :)

I liked that they wrapped up the Cole story so soon. I liked him in it but didn't want it to drag out too long.

Not too sure what to feel about Rowena being Crowley's mother. All a bit strange but I reckon they would be hysterical together.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Liamalone

The baps on yer wan, Dean's dating hook up. Wowzers :P

Can't remember anything after that tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Decent episode leading up to a cracking punchline at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

norabattie wrote: »
    I liked that they wrapped up the Cole story so soon. I liked him in it but didn't want it to drag out too long.

I suspect it's not actually over, given that Dean said that Cole's Dad was some kind of monster he had never seen before or since. I'm guessing that Cole will investigate it when he goes home and end up finding something out about it (Dad was actually possessed or something) and needing to call for the Winchester's help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I suspect it's not actually over, given that Dean said that Cole's Dad was some kind of monster he had never seen before or since. I'm guessing that Cole will investigate it when he goes home and end up finding something out about it (Dad was actually possessed or something) and needing to call for the Winchester's help.

My money is on Cole being the new spin off series. It's just a bit convenient, what with him being a soldier, serving 2 tours, being well capable to fight, etc etc.

They're mad to get a spin off going, what with the last spin off tester going rightly arseways.

The only spinoff we need is John and Bobby the early days. That or adapt the graphic novel about the hunters in New York

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

The only spinoff we need is John and Bobby the early days. That or adapt the graphic novel about the hunters in New York

John & Bobby would be pretty cool, but who would you get to play young Bobby?

Young John is already a given, with yer man that played him already.

Nothing much to say about this weeks episode. Watching an episode of Supernatural is better than not watching an episode of Supernatural though. I like Jody Mills and Dean getting protective about his fake FBI job was hilarious. Oh and this was probably the best part of the episode:

Dean's still lying about the Mark is probably the main thing we take away from it

Next week is the mid-season finale I think.

I'm enjoying this season a lot - seems to be a back to basics with much more Monster of the Week episodes...

I'm guessing the big season arc will revolve around Cas and Crowley rather than Sam and Dean, with the brothers coming in to help out towards the end. Hope it turns out that way anyway, because I'm liking how it's going at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

lets be honest the spin off we deserve but will never get is the jody mills fargo meets buffy spin off.

10.07 - The Sam/Dean relationship's still got some kinks. Water face gag again, fun. I liked that they wrapped up the Cole story, though I forget when he was first introduced. Curious where the Cas situation will go now.

10.08 - Fargo sherriff was fun - the rest was fairly standard.

Trailer editing aside, next week's looks good.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    lets be honest the spin off we deserve but will never get is the jody mills fargo meets buffy spin off.
    This. I always thought Mills would be a good point for a spin off and this, for me, proved it. It makes far more sense than the douche-bags they gave us with "Bloodlines". The ingredients are better: It'd tie in more nicely with fans with a long-running re-occurring character. It'd have a shift in dynamics with a two female lead. It'd have them being more grounded than Dean/Sam as there's families involved but families with the potential for supernatural elements. And of course the two leads work well together.
    C'mon CW: If you're writing a spin off then do this pairing!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I guess they see the sheriffs as too old. As much as I like CW shows, they do like their young good looking casts. So giving a show to a 50 year old(by the time the next season would start) wouldn't be likely. Though having her be a Bobby to her adopted daughter and those young hunters we saw a couple seasons ago could be possible.

And yeah, I was kinda waiting for Lester to turn up.

What a fantastic episode. I thought it was brilliant, very different from recent episodes though. It was such a slow burner and a great look at family and parenthood. A really good idea to bring back Jimmy's daughter (which should lend itself further to finding Adam, maybe) and just a simple thing in having Dean telling the story about his father in New York.

The build up was slow burning but it ratcheted up to 90 at the end! Jensen Ackles really should get nominated for awards, the sense of holy crap he's a time bomb about to explode in about 5 seconds before murdering the crap out those guys.

Not back til 20th of January now I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Quality stuff that, enjoyed Castiel speaking like Jimmy lol. Glad it's only a short break if it's back on in January.
    I keep waiting for Cain to show up looking for Dean to fulfill his promise, was he not supposed to go kill him after he had disposed of yer Abbadon doll?

• Advertisement

Brilliant episode. Family certainly is the them this year, so I reckon it's there's a good chance they will go save Adam.

Advertisement